Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Marvelous Marv

Baylor Coach Interviews @ Indy

25 minutes ago, Marvelous Marv said:

Weird to take this job and then immediately interview a year later, and a few weeks after NSD.  Won't say much about Rhule if he bolts.  But hey,  who cares about bu!

31 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Weird to take this job and then immediately interview a year later, and a few weeks after NSD.  Won't say much about Rhule if he bolts.  But hey,  who cares about bu!

I think it is telling that he INTERVIEWED after basically saying he is committed to the long haul of turning around Baylor’s program and culture. Obviously he is not. At minimum that would be a huge red flag for any Baylor commitment. 

2 minutes ago, Marvelous Marv said:

I think it is telling that he INTERVIEWED after basically saying he is committed to the long haul of turning around Baylor’s program and culture. Obviously he is not. At minimum that would be a huge red flag for any Baylor commitment. 

Too late for the guys already signed.  I thought he had a vision to lead bu out of the cesspool Briles and company dug for them.  

I actually like Rhule as a coach. The 1-11 record will haunt him, but no coach was winning more than 3 games with what Baylor had to work with. Definitely something to keep an eye on. I could see him making a lateral move to another school or hopping to the NFL in some capacity if he ever gets Baylor back around the 6 win mark.

20 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Saban to the Giants talk not going away

This HAS to happen!!  I have a friend who is a huge, annoying, Bama fan...he's from Texas but went there for almost one whole semester so they're his team...who swears that Saban will never leave Alabama for any job, college or pro, and that, if anything, he'll be their next AD.  He's one of those Bama fans who'll still remind you that they beat us in 2009 and who points out their championships every chance he gets...Saban leaving for the NFL would shut him up and I'd have the rest of my life to remind him that his school's greatest coach (his words) left them for the Giants.

I should also mention that my Dad graduated from LSU so I grew up a Bayou Bengal and still have some purple and gold in my blood and that I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for just about the same length of time.  My golf game, which wasn't all that great to begin with, has gotten worse since Saban took the Bama job...I aim at him instead of the hole when he starts running his mouth.

15 minutes ago, utparothed said:

This HAS to happen!!  I have a friend who is a huge, annoying, Bama fan...he's from Texas but went there for almost one whole semester so they're his team...who swears that Saban will never leave Alabama for any job, college or pro, and that, if anything, he'll be their next AD.  He's one of those Bama fans who'll still remind you that they beat us in 2009 and who points out their championships every chance he gets...Saban leaving for the NFL would shut him up and I'd have the rest of my life to remind him that his school's greatest coach (his words) left them for the Giants.

I should also mention that my Dad graduated from LSU so I grew up a Bayou Bengal and still have some purple and gold in my blood and that I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for just about the same length of time.  My golf game, which wasn't all that great to begin with, has gotten worse since Saban took the Bama job...I aim at him instead of the hole when he starts running his mouth.

Turns out it was a made-up story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bruce-arians-admits-to-‘just-messing’-with-saban-to-giants-rumors/ar-BBIdOZs?ocid=U452DHP

20 minutes ago, utparothed said:

Remind your friend Texas beat #1 Alabama and the great Joe Namath in Orange Bowl in 1965. Also Darrell Royal never lost to Alabama and Bear Bryant. Texas beat a Saban led LSU team in the Cotton Bowl. Then show him this. It is the most embarrassing moment in bowl history.