Jump to content

Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Sign Up for FREE
Sign in to follow this  
Marvelous Marv

Baylor Coach Interviews @ Indy

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Marvelous Marv said:

Weird to take this job and then immediately interview a year later, and a few weeks after NSD.  Won't say much about Rhule if he bolts.  But hey,  who cares about bu!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Weird to take this job and then immediately interview a year later, and a few weeks after NSD.  Won't say much about Rhule if he bolts.  But hey,  who cares about bu!

I think it is telling that he INTERVIEWED after basically saying he is committed to the long haul of turning around Baylor’s program and culture. Obviously he is not. At minimum that would be a huge red flag for any Baylor commitment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marvelous Marv said:

I think it is telling that he INTERVIEWED after basically saying he is committed to the long haul of turning around Baylor’s program and culture. Obviously he is not. At minimum that would be a huge red flag for any Baylor commitment. 

Too late for the guys already signed.  I thought he had a vision to lead bu out of the cesspool Briles and company dug for them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like Rhule as a coach. The 1-11 record will haunt him, but no coach was winning more than 3 games with what Baylor had to work with. Definitely something to keep an eye on. I could see him making a lateral move to another school or hopping to the NFL in some capacity if he ever gets Baylor back around the 6 win mark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Saban to the Giants talk not going away

This HAS to happen!!  I have a friend who is a huge, annoying, Bama fan...he's from Texas but went there for almost one whole semester so they're his team...who swears that Saban will never leave Alabama for any job, college or pro, and that, if anything, he'll be their next AD.  He's one of those Bama fans who'll still remind you that they beat us in 2009 and who points out their championships every chance he gets...Saban leaving for the NFL would shut him up and I'd have the rest of my life to remind him that his school's greatest coach (his words) left them for the Giants.

I should also mention that my Dad graduated from LSU so I grew up a Bayou Bengal and still have some purple and gold in my blood and that I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for just about the same length of time.  My golf game, which wasn't all that great to begin with, has gotten worse since Saban took the Bama job...I aim at him instead of the hole when he starts running his mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, utparothed said:

This HAS to happen!!  I have a friend who is a huge, annoying, Bama fan...he's from Texas but went there for almost one whole semester so they're his team...who swears that Saban will never leave Alabama for any job, college or pro, and that, if anything, he'll be their next AD.  He's one of those Bama fans who'll still remind you that they beat us in 2009 and who points out their championships every chance he gets...Saban leaving for the NFL would shut him up and I'd have the rest of my life to remind him that his school's greatest coach (his words) left them for the Giants.

I should also mention that my Dad graduated from LSU so I grew up a Bayou Bengal and still have some purple and gold in my blood and that I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for just about the same length of time.  My golf game, which wasn't all that great to begin with, has gotten worse since Saban took the Bama job...I aim at him instead of the hole when he starts running his mouth.

Turns out it was a made-up story.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bruce-arians-admits-to-‘just-messing’-with-saban-to-giants-rumors/ar-BBIdOZs?ocid=U452DHP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, utparothed said:

This HAS to happen!!  I have a friend who is a huge, annoying, Bama fan...he's from Texas but went there for almost one whole semester so they're his team...who swears that Saban will never leave Alabama for any job, college or pro, and that, if anything, he'll be their next AD.  He's one of those Bama fans who'll still remind you that they beat us in 2009 and who points out their championships every chance he gets...Saban leaving for the NFL would shut him up and I'd have the rest of my life to remind him that his school's greatest coach (his words) left them for the Giants.

I should also mention that my Dad graduated from LSU so I grew up a Bayou Bengal and still have some purple and gold in my blood and that I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for just about the same length of time.  My golf game, which wasn't all that great to begin with, has gotten worse since Saban took the Bama job...I aim at him instead of the hole when he starts running his mouth.

Remind your friend Texas beat #1 Alabama and the great Joe Namath in Orange Bowl in 1965. Also Darrell Royal never lost to Alabama and Bear Bryant. Texas beat a Saban led LSU team in the Cotton Bowl. Then show him this. It is the most embarrassing moment in bowl history. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


Franchise Quest


  • Latest Posts

    • Hello BJFH89, Welcome to the HornSports forums!  Thank you for joining our online community to discuss Texas Longhorns Athletics - please feel free to browse around and get to know the board and other posters. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve the community, please don't hesitate let us know! --HornSports Staff
    • I'll take the playoff berth.  We may lose to a team like Alabama but I don't think we get our ass whipped.  Just look at the scores since this staff has been here.   TCU last year is the only game we have lost by more than 10 points. 
    • They have a dandy lil QB, too
    • @Daniel Seahorn quick question: does the name Kamden Perry move the needle? He's a WR for Longview. Kid is putting up numbers. Heard of him? Thoughts? 
    • Agree, you don't often have a whole staff agree on a prospect. I'm surprised this is a rumor or not followed with "doesn't this happen often?" With limited numbers, every spot on the roster means something. Staff is trying to get to the point where there are no ( insert the names you know here ) players not carrying their weight on the roster. I think this all started on the TCU site where there was also birth given to the excuse of "Patterson told him to look around."
×