Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

Courtney Roland of Aggie Yell is listed as "Missing Person"

All,

Serious situation brewing for the Rivals network.  Courtney Roland has gone missing and apparently it's extremely out of character for her. 

If anyone wants to retweet this out, it would be beneficial.  Houston HornSports guys, put this out on your social media feeds. 
I hope that she turns up safe.  This is not good.  Putting school/website affiliations aside, this is awful. 

Current Photos of Courtney:

DS_VI5fVQAEBkWV.jpg

From last week:

CRoland_zps0tcxzh5d.jpg

https://twitter.com/elwinter/status/950204394921910272

Police search for missing journalist in Houston area

Headline Goes Here

courtney%20roland_1515384715334_11454793

HOUSTON - A Texas A&M football reporter went missing Saturday after covering Texas elite football camp in the Heights area, her family says.

Courtney Roland, 29, a sports reporter for AggieYell.com, was last seen around 4 p.m. wearing a Remington hat and camouflage. She drives a 2010 white Jeep Cherokee. 

Roland's roommate, Autumn Vara, told KPRC that Roland texted her about a suspicious man she saw in Walgreens who was following her.

Vara said he followed Roland to her home in a blue truck as she was parked in the driveway. Vara said the blue truck looped back around and parked behind her and Roland got out of her car and the truck sped off.

Vara said Roland and her was supposed to meet up, but Vara didn't hear from her again.

On Sunday, Roland's mother received a text from her phone saying, "hello the owner of this phone Courtney. I am buying an iPad."

Vara also said Roland's vehicle was broken into six weeks ago and she's been on high-alert since.

Roland was a former sports intern for KPRC 2 in 2010.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Houston Police Department.

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Probably not a good time to be saying "there's more info I can't share."

I hope she's found safe and sound very soon.

I would have to think that statement is more due to the ongoing search/investigation than anything else. Don’t want to compromise either and possibly hinder the process. He’s likely been instructed on exactly what he can and cannot say. 

15 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Just saw on Fox that she was found unharmed.

Great news!

I’m sure details will be coming out over the next few days. Very odd situation. 

Hard to tell if social media was what helped or ultimately hindered what was going on here.

This feels like one of those situations where now that she has been 'found', we may never know what really happened, or what was being attempted.

Regardless of whatever has befallen this young lady I am grateful that her whereabouts are known and I wish her peace.

Houston Police cite reaction to medications for Courtney Roland's disappearance:

https://news.search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AwrBT.LM3VNa_IEAKyDBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=Houston+Police+Cite+Reaction+to+Medications+for+Courtney+Roland's+Disappearance&type=dd_us_yahoonews&fr=ipad

IF there is a strange man in a blue truck that is following her around they might want to look into that.