Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Houston Hires Kendal Briles and Randy Clements

9 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

So how’s he related? Son or what? Also I’m gonna have to Wikipedia what applewhite did for past transgressions. Has me curious 

Art's son, was his OC at Baylor and linked to recruiting violations.  Of course denies knowledge of any sexual assault at Baylor like all "loyal" and sketchy coaches who were under Art. played at Texas for a season or two as a safety and transferred to UH to play for his dad.  

1 hour ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

As long as the Houston admin and boosters don't fold like Tennessee's did, I think you'r right.

They left themselves an out with that clause in their contracts in case more stuff comes to light, but the fact that you have to have such a clause should say enough about the decision to hire them. 

3 hours ago, okiehorn said:

So how’s he related? Son or what? Also I’m gonna have to Wikipedia what applewhite did for past transgressions. Has me curious 

Wiki probably won’t cover what happened with Major, but that issue was discussed when Herman came on and wanted to bring him with him before UH hired him. 

2 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Wiki probably won’t cover what happened with Major, but that issue was discussed when Herman came on and wanted to bring him with him before UH hired him. 

Ok thanks, I’ll try to search the site. 

If Houston wins then all the Houston fans will come on board as winning seems to have a magic way of changing one's perspective!  I am in agreement with others here who are asking if Major is feeling a lot of heat already.  I have just a few friends who said that many voices are being heard that Todd Orlando should have been named the Head Coach and not Major.