Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
mctmatt

Brewster joining Fisher at A&M

Per Orlando Sentinel Tim Brewster is heading to A&M  to join Fisher so this will have a big impact for future recruiting battles which will make it that much more exciting.  We  definitely have to be better next year and we really need to impress in the upcoming bowl game.  Here is the link. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/chopping-block/os-sp-acc-fsu-tim-brewster-tamu-20171212-story.html

I don't fear Brewster as much as I do Morris/Traylor. Brewster's best recruiting days are behind him although he's still effective to a good extent.

Brewster recruited VY in 2003. That was 15 years ago.

Besides, I'd put Motha Hustla against Brewster any day. 

Sir,  agree with you regarding Morris and Traylor as they will be hitting the hotbed of East Texas as both coached in that region and have already built in relationships with many of the Coaches.  Fisher and Brewster have the new factor  but that will quickly fade if the wins do not follow. I do not fear Fisher and Brewster as recruiters when it is done fairly without breaking any of the rules....however I feel this is Jackie Sherrill all over again and the big money at A&M is all in and willing to take the risk just so they can get a title . 

49 minutes ago, mctmatt said:

Sir,  agree with you regarding Morris and Traylor as they will be hitting the hotbed of East Texas as both coached in that region and have already built in relationships with many of the Coaches.  Fisher and Brewster have the new factor  but that will quickly fade if the wins do not follow. I do not fear Fisher and Brewster as recruiters when it is done fairly without breaking any of the rules....however I feel this is Jackie Sherrill all over again and the big money at A&M is all in and willing to take the risk just so they can get a title . 

I don't think Fisher will wax well here. He's got that car salesman personality (not that there's anything wrong with that) that IMO will be a problem. Of course, Fisher will be the backdrop, not the front line.

You could be right on the Sherrill thing. Aggy seems ready to do whatever to get out of division middle pack. I just have a strong hunch this is going to backfire. 

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't fear Brewster as much as I do Morris/Traylor. Brewster's best recruiting days are behind him although he's still effective to a good extent.

Brewster recruited VY in 2003. That was 15 years ago.

Besides, I'd put Motha Hustla against Brewster any day. 

East Texas recruiting just got tougher for Texas and the other schools with Traylor now at Arkansas. I read a post that Arkansas' current roster with Texas HS recruits is only 11% of their total football roster; look for that to significantly increase.   The reason being is because Bielema only signed 15 kids from Texas in the last 5 years.  I have a feeling Texas fans will look back and see Herman letting Traylor go as a mistake.  I will add that Morris to AR will be a better hire than Fisher to Aggie. I do not see Fisher making the connection with the Texas HS coaches like Morris. 

Big fu by the Genius.

He should have had a relationship with Brewster from his days on Mack staff.

He should have gone after Brewster last year instead of cougar high grunts he brought in to The University that can't cut it. 

WILL JIMBO FISHER LURE AWAY ANY RECRUITS FROM TEXAS’S LOADED CLASS?

Tom Herman’s first season at Texas may not have provided the instant mega-climb up the Power 5 ladder that Longhorns optimists were hoping for when the program hired him last November, but his first full recruiting class is shaping up to be just the sort of blue-chip-stacked haul that could serve as the foundation of Texas’s next national championship contender. It includes commitments from five of the state of Texas’s top seven prospects, according to the 247Sports Composite, and 15 recruits assessed four-star ratings, plus one five-star, Angleton (Tex.) High safety BJ Foster. The Longhorns’ 2018 group should stay mostly intact, but Texas A&M’s big-money play to bring in Fisher from Florida State was a statement of intent: The Aggies don’t plan to let the Longhorns dominate the state.

Fisher could really make his mark with Texas A&M in the 2019 cycle, especially now that Seminoles tight ends coach Tim Brewster, an esteemed recruiter who coached at Texas from 1998-2001, has announced that he will join the new staff in College Station. Herman cleaned up in the Longhorn State in 2018, but he could face more difficult battles for top-flight high schoolers nearby going forward. Fisher’s first commitment at Texas A&M wasn’t from a Texas prep standout but a junior college player from a different state: Northeastern Oklahoma A&M three-star tight end Jace Sternberger announced on Sunday that he’d play for the Aggies.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/12/recruiting-2018-early-signing-period-coaches-commitments

18 minutes ago, popdaddy said:

Big fu by the Genius.

He should have had a relationship with Brewster from his days on Mack staff.

He should have gone after Brewster last year instead of cougar high grunts he brought in to The University that can't cut it. 

Those grunts have us with the #2 ranked class in the land.

Brewster/Fisher had FSU with the 38th ranked class.

On FSU's roster, there are only three Texans. FSU has never been a hard sell in Texas. But yea, Brewster rocks.

Had a friend tell me he thought Traylor was overrated. Said he read a poll from recruits on negative recruiting and Traylor was one of the worst while at SMU.  The recruits were turned off by his negative recruiting. I don’t have a link, this was just from a conversation 

i hope this happens. I thought he was a okay as DC at Baylor.  He was DC at Arizona State this year. They played Texas Tech  and gave up 52 points while Tech scored 27 on UT.

Report: Arizona State DC Phil Bennett planning to leave, could join Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M

https://www.seccountry.com/texas-am/report-arizona-state-dc-phil-bennett-planning-leave-join-jimbo-fisher-texas

13 hours ago, primal defense said:

...but Texas A&M’s big-money play to bring in Fisher from Florida State was a statement of intent: The Aggies don’t plan to let the Longhorns dominate the state.

aggy's problem during Sumlin's tenure wasn't recruiting. #WRTS, remember?

It was retention (QBs), motivation, and game management.