Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
longhorn_mig

Orlando Candidate for SMU Job

Good lord, when are people going to learn not to believe everything that you hear or read? Especially when it comes from "sources" or says "reports". Or it comes from a site that charges people to read it.

There are way too many people in the "industry" who subscribe to "never let the truth get in the way of a good story". 

From TFB

Am told by sources that Texas DC Todd Orlando is telling people close to him that he has no intention of leaving Texas anytime soon. The context of my conversation with the source was specifically related to the SMU job opening. At least according to this source, while SMU may have some interest in Orlando, he’s telling people close to him that he doesn’t plan on leaving. – (Super K)

42 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

From TFB

Am told by sources that Texas DC Todd Orlando is telling people close to him that he has no intention of leaving Texas anytime soon. The context of my conversation with the source was specifically related to the SMU job opening. At least according to this source, while SMU may have some interest in Orlando, he’s telling people close to him that he doesn’t plan on leaving. – (Super K)

Oh Crap!  If he is denying it then it means he has already signed the contract and hired a Realtor ...LOL!

Rather than seek out an aggie thread, I'll go here.

I know WSJ is by subscription and doesn't offer NY Times 10 freebies/month, but maybe this will pull up for you --if you're not a subscriber-- depending on the app you are using. https://www.wsj.com/articles/please-hire-me-to-coach-college-football-1512673093

Please! Hire Me to Coach College Football

A lavish spending spree for talent has our columnist once more considering his career options

As well-written satire, punking "buy yourself a coach and championship" and wouldn't you know it, aTm is square in the bullseye.  Aggie just put on the table the most lucrative contract ever for a coaching hire, along with the immediate $10m buyout, plus no telling what for total asst coaching salaries. The institution will be known for this, for a long long time to come.

Excerpt...  My bold and italics.... think aTm...

"I’m not going to demand my own private plane, either. I mean: I’ll use the school’s private plane, but I will only use it for recruiting, media appearances, booster visits, speeches, camps and occasional friends and family trips to Vegas, Hawaii, the Maldives, Italy, France, the Canary Islands, Antarctica, Wimbledon, the Masters, the Running of the Bulls, solar eclipses and maybe to go to my mom’s for Christmas.

"Oh, can you throw in a job for my mom, too? How’s $600,000 sound?

"Actually mom wants $675,000, plus a nice Benz. Let’s make this happen.

"I know this may sound like a lot of spending, but this is what matters now. Football is the only way for a modern university to be truly great. Yeah, yeah, yeah—there are admissions standards, classes, research and maybe even Nobel Prizes and stuff, but those are pretty boring.

"You know what’s not boring? Hosting “College GameDay.” You know what’s better than a Nobel Prize? Making the College Football playoff semifinal. Do they show the Nobel Prizes on FS1? I didn’t think so."