Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Texas to face Missouri in Texas Bowl

If I were an unbiased odds maker....  based on how both teams ended their seasons and the Texas five sitting this one out; I'd make Missouri a healthy favorite to win and win big. 

But I'm not.  Texas' revamped OLine rams it down Mizzu's throat for three quarters opening up the play action for our stable of stud WRs.  Sam, with concentrated coaching in prep for the game, has learned not to throw it to the other team late in the fourth quarter. 

Texas 28
Missouri 7

Thank you.  The only thing that I've seen from Malik was a comment on his twitter.  He said he and his family have been discussing his options, but no decision has been made.

Then he said said that patience is rewarded.

I think he is right.  He has always shown a remarkable amount of maturity.  I don't think he should be grouped with anyone.

Conner already had an injury.  Malik has always been his own man, kept his own counsel.  I really respect him for it.

2 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

Hill is out...not by his choice, Connor, Elliot, maybe Malik? That's all I know this far.  

I heard today that Malik is going to play the bowl. He's still practicing with the team.

Check that, Malik has a case of turf toe thats likely to drag on past the bowl game.

Just now, okiehorn said:

They also have Sooners in championship..... losing to Clemson of course.... hope they don’t make it that far 

I absolutely HATE to admit it, but the Hoe-U may be the best team in the country...and we should've beaten them....

"If "if" were a fif, we'd all be drunk"...damn

25 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

I absolutely HATE to admit it, but the Hoe-U may be the best team in the country...and we should've beaten them....

"If "if" were a fif, we'd all be drunk"...damn

Best Defense they have played is #19 TCU.... Georgia is #4 in defense and Bama #2....  we will see how they do against a real defense.  you may be correct, I hope not though 

38 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

Can the Horns Offense score 28 points? Not likely from what I've been seeing.

MAYBE if mizz defensive line is as bad as people are saying we can run on em all day with Daniel Young.. juuuuust maybe 

5 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Mizzou just lost their OC to who will be UCF next HC and he will not coach in the bowl game. Wonder if this changes much

Didn't know it was Heupel...

UCF hires Josh Heupel to replace Scott Frost

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21677185/ucf-knights-hire-josh-heupel-new-coach-randy-shannon-defensive-coordinator

I’ll bet the turf toe happened in the bubble. It’s not as common on the field turf, is it?  

I remember the Astro-turf. That stuff would get so hot in August. You could see the heat radiate off of it. I burned my feet so badly on that stuff one summer, in tennis shoes, I still have no feeling on the tops of my two little toes. 

It was my own fault. Never stopped to take a break. 

This team will be rested and ready. Aiming to put on a recruiting clinic in H-town. No more chunk plays.

I'm thinking Sam will have been read the Longhorn Riot Act that if he so much as lofts a piggy out in space for grabs... he can just forget it. In a fix -- then, two arms folded, clutching the Million-Dollar Piggy as if his life depended on it. Or else.

Zero Defects. No turnovers. Nada. None. Zip. Or else.

Horns in a surprising offensive showing with 2 FG and perfect in the Red Zone:
TX   34
mo  17

Added note: Turn Bret Hager loose the whole game, sans a rest now and then or alignment shift.

Let the depth chart hit the field and take command, showing Orlando's got players!!! And then some!!!

Hughes, Wheeler, Johnson, Freeman, Hager, Roach... et al. Coming Right Atcha!!

Hook'em!!!

On 12/5/2017 at 8:59 AM, okiehorn said:

Best Defense they have played is #19 TCU.... Georgia is #4 in defense and Bama #2....  we will see how they do against a real defense.  you may be correct, I hope not though 

True, Okie, but would the  Bama and Georgia defenses be ranked that high if they had played the same high octane offenses we faced?