Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Texas to face Missouri in Texas Bowl

In the old days the team relied on senior leadership and Jr/Sr depth chart. Of course I can trace my days back to Shorthorns. The new Soph class hitting the varsity was a big deal. Either you couldn't head to the NFL early, or you had the sense not to go and get your head bashed in by grown men. With, what, a thin bar in front of your nose? No indoor stadiums either. Well, Astrodome came along fairly soon.

46 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

This is not a good game to be missing Holton Hill and Deshon Elliott. No doubt the Tigers will throw the ball all over the field if the Longhorns lets them. Drew Lock is the real deal.

Yea the “next man up” line ain’t a good one for this deal. I know we have depth but there gonna have to grow up quick. Small preview into next year secondary to come

Initial predictions, gentlemen?

Mizzou played some ugly ball early this year, but seemed to put things together toward the end. Beating Texas would be a benchmark for that program as it tries to climb out of the downturn its been in.

Texas has had some distractions with the departures and ending with a loss. Herman will need to get this team refocused and inspired.

I am ready for closure on this first year of the Tom Herman era..I am excited to see what kind of a recruiting class he can bring in. I guess we will find out who really wants to be here and be a part of the new attitude and culture that Herman brings to the table...

To the outgoing Seniors, Thank you for your time on the 40 Acres, sorry that you weren't exactly set up for success, but I for one appreciate your loyalty to Longhorn Nation

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Initial predictions, gentlemen?

Mizzou played some ugly ball early this year, but seemed to put things together toward the end. Beating Texas would be a benchmark for that program as it tries to climb out of the downturn its been in.

Texas has had some distractions with the departures and ending with a loss. Herman will need to get this team refocused and inspired.

Top 10 scoring offense from mighty Mizzou 38

Herm and company 24

Although, theses are the teams Mizzou beat by record:

3-8

4-8

3-9

4-7

4-8

5-7

4-8

13 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Yea the “next man up” line ain’t a good one for this deal. I know we have depth but there gonna have to grow up quick. Small preview into next year secondary to come

could we make an 'early early' signing period and bring in all those DB's we have committed?

Interesting . . . we get some bodies back for this one. Herman has a lot of time to game plan. 

I like Elliott, but don't see his absence as a game changer. We have quality depth and though I love the guy, I think Elliott was the benefit of some luck this year.

Where it might hurt, for the time being, is Malik's spot. Some of the plays Malik was making would change momentum, even if slightly. Teams had to account for him, seldom successfully.

BTW, Tech is the new cockroach of this era.

The OL is the key and as I said, we have some bodies back. It won't be huge, but we're facing a weak DL (against the rush) and should be okay.

Herman will make a big deal out of this game, if only within the locker room. He wants that momentum he needs going into the off season. He'll get some soon on the recruiting trail. But nothing can replace a bowl win going into the off season desert. 

Defense gets a pick six.

Texas 35

Mizzou 21

26 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Interesting . . . we get some bodies back for this one. Herman has a lot of time to game plan. 

I like Elliott, but don't see his absence as a game changer. We have quality depth and though I love the guy, I think Elliott was the benefit of some luck this year.

Where it might hurt, for the time being, is Malik's spot. Some of the plays Malik was making would change momentum, even if slightly. Teams had to account for him, seldom successfully.

The OL is the key and as I said, we have some bodies back. It won't be huge, but we're facing a weak DL (against the rush) and should be okay.

Herman will make a big deal out of this game, if only within the locker room. He wants that momentum he needs going into the off season. He'll get some soon on the recruiting trail. But nothing can replace a bowl win going into the off season desert. 

Defense gets a pick six.

Texas 35

Mizzou 21

I'll be pulling for your prediction.

58 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Defense gets a pick six.

Texas 35

Mizzou 21

I so badly want to believe, but I'm becoming a pessimistic middle aged codger!

I think Texas can be a good team and dismantle  Mizzou, but then I think about Tech and get the sads.