Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Kris Boyd early departure rumors

Ive seen it out there - the rumors about Kris Boyd leaving early for the NFL Draft and wanted to put something out so you guys were kept in the loop.

As of today (Saturday at 2:00 pm), Boyd isn’t declaring and leaving UT.  He knows his draft grade isn’t where he wants it to be and he’s committed to improving and making himself more “draftable” in that regard.

The source on this is someone that keeps in constant communication with him - Justin Wells from IT.  They’ve known one another for a long time and trust his info when it comes to the Boyd’s - it’s as solid as it gets.

Kris has improved drastically from the first half of the season to the second one and another year will really do him a lot in terms of improving his play. 

This is great news.  Davis and Boyd on the outside could be solid.  Josh Thompson, Bonney, Boyce, Cuffee should give them plenty of depth to redshirt Green and Jamison.  If Cook comes, then maybe one of those 3 could take a spot.

14 minutes ago, texbound said:

This is great news.  Davis and Boyd on the outside could be solid.  Josh Thompson, Bonney, Boyce, Cuffee should give them plenty of depth to redshirt Green and Jamison.  If Cook comes, then maybe one of those 3 could take a spot.

There's talk of moving Locke to safety and Thompson as the Nickel. 

A secondary of Boyd and Davis at corner, Locke and Jones at safety, and Thompson and Bonney as the Nickel and Dime guys. Young guys would provide depth. You also have Brown, who I think will see a lot of in the bowl game.

I'm worried about linebacker, it is a mystery to me outside of Johnson.

2 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

There's talk of moving Locke to safety and Thompson as the Nickel. 

A secondary of Boyd and Davis at corner, Locke and Jones at safety, and Thompson and Bonney as the Nickel and Dime guys. Young guys would provide depth. You also have Brown, who I think will see a lot of in the bowl game.

I'm worried about linebacker, it is a mystery to me outside of Johnson.

For LBs I see Johnson, McCulloch and Hager as the likely starters for next year. For reserves we have  Wheeler and Freeman who have played snaps. D Boyd and Bimage who red-shirted this year I believe should see some time also.  We have some other LBs on the roster but I have no idea how good they are. While I'd love to see Malik come back, I'm not counting on that.

3 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

For LBs I see Johnson, McCulloch and Hager as the likely starters for next year. For reserves we have  Wheeler and Freeman who have played snaps. D Boyd and Bimage who red-shirted this year I believe should see some time also.  We have some other LBs on the roster but I have no idea how good they are. While I'd love to see Malik come back, I'm not counting on that.

Bimage played on special teams and looked good on it. I like Hager as a DE.