Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****Conference Championships - Game Thread*****

24 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Texas woulda played this HoeU team hell of a a lot closer than horns frogs are. This is embarrassing. Any offensive momentum at all and we beat all these fools. It’s aggravating 

10% more offense and we win a few more games this season.

5 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

10% more offense and we win a few more games this season.

Embarrassing stat it just showed.... ou with 10 big 12 titles and Texas with only 3.... why have I thought all this time we are a power house?!? Snapped me back to reality real quick. 

And yea Riley is a hell of a play caller. Wish Herman would show us his “offensive” mind we all hear about.,

45 minutes ago, Aaron Carrara said:

Charlie and UCF won the AAC Championship 62-55 in 2OT.  Congrats to Strong on a nice season.  

I may be dead wrong but coach strong is at USF.... that got beat by UCF last week and didn’t play in conference title... UCF beat Memphis with coach Frost

Why the heck  would coach frost leave UCF for Nebraska. I know they have tradition but sure don’t anymore. A bigger platform I suppose 

EDIT.... he was QB there for a national championship so it makes since now 

4 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

With Georgia winning does that give Bama a shot to get in. I hop not. 

I don't see it. That spot should be Georgia's. If Auburn > Bama and Georgia > Auburn, then Georgia > Bama, simple as that. Plus, both today's game and the Auburn vs. Bama game weren't really close

3 minutes ago, Adferrum said:

I don't see it. That spot should be Georgia's. If Auburn > Bama and Georgia > Auburn, then Georgia > Bama, simple as that. Plus, both today's game and the Auburn vs. Bama game weren't really close

But auburn and georgia split this years and the first game was not close either. I agree with you I just did not know what the committee is thinking. I just hope they are not looking for a reason to slide bama back in. 

11 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

With Georgia winning does that give Bama a shot to get in. I hope not.   I would love to see Bama and Ohio State sit our this year!!!!!

Bama shot was TCU beat HoeU and that clearly didn’t happen... they say if OHIO st wins MAYBE but I don’t see it... Bama didn’t when the conference and committee suppose to take the into consideration over Anytning else

4 minutes ago, 605Longhorn said:

But auburn and georgia split this years and the first game was not close either. I agree with you I just did not know what the committee is thinking. I just hope they are not looking for a reason to slide bama back in. 

You're right, but 1-1 against Auburn is better than 0-1. Plus, it would be hard to argue to leave the SEC champion out of the picture with a 12-1 record in favor of a team that didn't even win its division, having an 11-1 record and the weaker strength of schedule.