Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
prosfromdover

Herman's 1st Year Houston vs Texas

I'm curious if anyone with knowledge has done any comparing and contrasting Tom's very successful 1st year at Houston with his very disappointing 1st year at Texas. Shouldn't there be an obvious reason for the difference? Did Tony Levine leave him an especially stacked house at Houston vs our empty cupboard? Was there a super similar system in place at Houston while ours was a total reset? 

20 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

I'm curious if anyone with knowledge has done any comparing and contrasting Tom's very successful 1st year at Houston with his very disappointing 1st year at Texas. Shouldn't there be an obvious reason for the difference? Did Tony Levine leave him an especially stacked house at Houston vs our empty cupboard? Was there a super similar system in place at Houston while ours was a total reset? 

I haven’t done the research but I’d def say he didn’t walk into a empty cup board at Texas.... ill go on a limb and said he didn’t have near the injuries on the O-Line. It’s as simple as that to me. Take away a Few big mistakes and everyone’s worshiping Herman’s feet even with the hand dealt. 

52 minutes ago, The Tinman said:

+1 on beck being the biggest diffrence. Herman shot himself in the foot with that hire.

Biggest difference was Brown/Strong. One look at the OL will highlight the difference. A serviceable OL this year would have given UT a 9 or 10 win season minimum.

2015 Houston Galcats schedule had two teams ranked in the Final poll. #14 FSU & #18 Navy.

2017 Texas just a little short Horns schedule had four teams ranked in the Final regular season poll. #3 OU, #10 TCU, #11 USC, and #18 OK St.

Houston's lone loss was to the 6-7 UConn squad (6-6 heading to their bowl)

Texas last loss was to the 6-6 Texas Tech juggernaut .

Maryland, San Jose St., Baylor, and Kansas were the only teams Texas played that didn't break into the top 25 at some point during the season.

Injuries were killer but the schedule was quite a bit tougher as well.