Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****Texas vs. Texas Tech Game Thread*****

txhfcotlgat.jpg

Texas Longhorns (6-5, 5-3) vs. Texas Tech (5-6, 2-6)

When: Saturday, November 24, 2017
Time: 7:00 pm CST
Venue: Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium
Television: FOX
Radio: local affiliates
Satellite Radio: Sirius 132, XM 199
Audio Stream: Web, ios app, android
Live Statistics: ios app, android

All-Time Series Record: Texas leads Texas Tech 50-16
Last Meeting: Texas defeated Texas Tech 45-37 (November 5, 2016 – Lubbock, TX)

Relevant articles/information:

Offensive Grades: West Virginia
Defensive/Special Teams Grades – West Virginia
West Virginia Film Review: Lucky Break
Get to Know Texas Tech’s Offense
Get to Know Texas Tech’s Defense/Special Teams
Depth Chart – Texas vs. Texas Tech

2 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Rumor is that Shimonek is out and that McLane Carter, lefty juco transfer, will start at QB. Played HS at Gilmer and one year at Tyler JC where he threw for over 300 yards in 7 straight games including 578 yards in one game.

Those seem like good numbers but he hasn’t started all season for a reason, see if he can do it against Orlando and company 

47 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Also interesting that the line took a pretty good move overnight from 10 to 7.5. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but evidently some Texas players were sick earlier in the week. 

ohhh boy.... surly we kill that spread.... but then again a W is a W at this point

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Rumor is that Shimonek is out and that McLane Carter, lefty juco transfer, will start at QB. Played HS at Gilmer and one year at Tyler JC where he threw for over 300 yards in 7 straight games including 578 yards in one game.

Report is now out that Carter will start. I’m familiar with him from his TJC days and thought he was a pretty solid pickup for Tech. Not an ideal situation to get his first start though. 

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Also interesting that the line took a pretty good move overnight from 10 to 7.5. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but evidently some Texas players were sick earlier in the week. 

Yeah the spread dropping like that doesn’t make sense unless there is something going on that we aren’t aware of. Very interesting. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Yeah the spread dropping like that doesn’t make sense unless there is something going on that we aren’t aware of. Very interesting. 

Did admins make the predictions and I miss it? Don’t see it

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Good numbers but it wont translate from JUCO to tonights game.  Orlando's defense confuses experienced QB's. 

Carter better wear a flak jacket, he is toast.

I’d like to see us do to him what Carl Reese’s defense did to Kingsbury. They knocked him around pretty good. I remember one of the plays Kingsbury was laying on his back with his helmet nearly knocked off.....his chinstrap was up around his eyes and part of the grass stuck in his helmet. We brought the pain that night.