Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****Texas vs. Texas Tech Game Thread*****

5 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Tom is absolutely pissed during post-game press conference. 

About time he gets pissed about something other than urine color.  He has shown no fire this year just excuses and soft talk about losses.  Yeah Moral victories!

10 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Can still blame Beck for putting players in poor positions and bad play calls to not succeed.

I'm in no way a Beck apologist, but what poor position did he put the offense in? What play call was absolutely atrocious? Idk, hindsight is 20/20. And had the offense executed we win goin away...

Just now, Dbut82 said:

I'm in no way a Beck apologist, but what poor position did he put the offense in? What play call was absolutely atrocious? Idk, hindsight is 20/20. And had the offense executed we win goin away...

I do agree that had the offense executed we win the game going away. However, not running the ball on 3rd and 2 late in the game was an absolutely atrocious call. 

I stayed neutral on Beck all year but that was the final straw for me. 

15 minutes ago, joeywa said:

What exactly did this game mean in the grand scheme of things?  The difference between a bowl in San Antonio, Orlando or Memphis? One more win is pretty much just lipstick on a pig. 

It would mean more wins on paper than the last three seasons, a positive vibe to end the season, not losing to tech, a last home win for the seniors, happy fans, positive media commentary about the Horns, possibly a positive recruiting trend for an undecided recruit.  That's all I got now.  I do understand your point, but the here and now sucks when we left 3 wins on the table this year.  Tired of the building for next year crap.  I do realize without our OL injuries we most likely win a few more, but the coaching needs to adjust and run plays to the strength of what we have.  I do acknowledge your anti-beck sentiment above and agree he needs to clear off his desk.

I cant believe people here are backing up Beck.  Bottom line is the coaches are paid and responsible for the performance of the team.  We played USC, ou, and osu better than this shit show tonight.  We cant get a TD from the 2 yard line twice? 

CEO's get fired all the time for shitty employees not being productive.  

Beck sucks shit.  Less time running trick plays and and run the f##king ball.  BTW Porter sucked wind tonight on blocking so give that shit a rest.  Why are we even using anyone else but Young anyways.  This staff is idiotic.  Dont take my word for it the last game of the year with famous Williams back and we throw 60+ times?  Time to wake up.  I agree with SHA on this one.  A bowl game with the current product would just be embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

He simply doesn't seem to put players in position to make plays and win games.  Surely the players don't suck 75% of the time.  If the defense has us figured out, he should adjust and find better schemes to run.

17 minutes ago, DMAC said:

I cant believe people here are backing up Beck.  Bottom line is the coaches are paid and responsible for the performance of the team.  We played USC, ou, and osu better than this shit show tonight.  We cant get a TD from the 2 yard line twice? 

Beck sucks shit.  Less time running trick plays and and run the f##king ball.  BTW Porter sucked wind tonight on blocking so give that shit a rest.  Why are we even using anyone else but Young anyways.  This staff is idiotic.  Dont take my word for it the last game of the year with famous Williams back and we throw 60+ times?  Time to wake up.  I agree with SHA on this one.  A bowl game with the current product would just be embarrassing.

The pathetic calls inside the 3 yard line cost this game..amongst other things.  Steamroll the RBs to the end zone, no zone read crap at the one.  That risks fumbles and bad QB keepers.  250 and 235 pound RBs should get in with four tries.

11 minutes ago, The Tinman said:

Herman just said the reason he didnt run the ball on 3-2 when sam threw the pick was because the running game wasnt working well..wtf? Tell us the truth..he thinks we are idiots and dont know anything about the game of football! Really? He is the head coach just lost at home to lowly tech..cmon man..look in the mirror why dont you

What a dick. 

Alternate ending:

We run it and get stuffed.

We punt it and they get the ball at the their 10 yard line.

They gain 45 yards on 6 plays and burn their last time out.

Time expires and we win. 

Mensa my ass. 

34 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

I can't really blame Beck for lack of execution...these boys just didn't make plays. Period. 3 2nd half turnovers isn't Becky's fault...

With all due respect, Beck literally called a pass play on 3rd and 2 with 2 mins left... with the punter in the game on roster. this game is absolutely Becks fault. He’s put his qb in shit positions all year... and his side of the ball is NEVER ready to play week to week. That has to fall on him. It’s quite literally his job. 

5 minutes ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

Beck literally called a pass play on 3rd and 2 with 2 mins left... with the punter in the game on roster

This ^

Its like telling your wife I will never cheat on you then every night hanging out with the ladies at the bar.  Why even put yourself in that situation? 

That pass play goes against all football logic and utterly stupid.

33 minutes ago, The Tinman said:

Herman just said the reason he didnt run the ball on 3-2 when sam threw the pick was because the running game wasnt working well..wtf? Tell us the truth..he thinks we are idiots and dont know anything about the game of football! Really? He is the head coach just lost at home to lowly tech..cmon man..look in the mirror why dont you

So Herman decided to throw or Beck?  Covering for a lousy OC or involved in crappy play calls?  Either way Herman doesn't sound as smart as he thinks he is.  Time to nut up and admit you're mistake and find a new OC.

2 minutes ago, DMAC said:

This ^

Its like telling your wife I will never cheat on you then every night hanging out with the ladies at the bar.  Why even put yourself in that situation? 

That pass play goes against all football logic and utterly stupid.

Exactly.  Leading the game and could have at least run clock and kicked to pin them deep.  Ruined Rowlands best game of the year:angry:.  This rivals Pete Carol in bone headed coaching  decisions.

33 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

With all due respect and I am not tryingt I be a dick, at all. Are you serious? Hahaha let’s see... he had an 18 year old that is known to be inaccurate with his passes, throw the ball 47 times. He called some of the worst plays possible for the two drives that ended inside the tech 3. He tried to get way too cute with shit when he should have just been going straight at tech. Beck does not put this team in a position to win. He knows his personnel and what their capabilities are, it’s his job. So calling a f##king pass play on 3rd and 2 with 2 mins left knowing your qb is NOT AN ACCURATE PASSER is the definition of putting the O in a bad position. He’s put the keys in sams hands I think 4 times this year at the end of the game like that... we’ve lost all of those games similarly to his one... him giving the ball away. 

34 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Can’t like or agree with this enough... 100% right. 

2 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

I'm now envisioning Herman bunkering down and defending Beck.  He won't fire him, will retain him for next, then will demote him 3 games into the season.  Sound familiar?

Somebody brought up a good point on twitter... how is Mehringer not getting more shit? We have tons of WR talent and NONE of them get open. Even when a qb has some time to throw... none are able to make anything happen consistently. 

Page 16 pretty much sums it up for me.

Add... one team and coaching staff wanted it more.  A lot more. Their coach was on the hot seat. They looked for a way to win.

That 3 and 2 was most telling. Willing to risk a turnover for 2 yards than protect the ball and rely on your Ray Guy punter. Plus, at least a quarterback draw.

Too much time in the pocket is a big killer for this offense. Roll-out quick read passes with a dual threat QB is a better game plan.

Coaches are paid to (a) know the game better than most (b) optimize plays for the talent they have. Orlando does that well. He makes me dizzy just talking shop. The guy knows his shit. The offense needs that kind of moxie.

Ehlinger would make a helluva Tight End.  He is not my QB for the future. That position needs a lot more than what he brings. The new ones on the way are the future. Like the one from Calif. Hope he enrolls for the spring.

Edited by Epictetus
fixed a sentence

6 hours ago, Epictetus said:

Page 16 pretty much sums it up for me.

Add... one team and coaching staff wanted it more.  A lot more. Their coach was on the hot seat. They looked for a way to win.

That 3 and 2 was most telling. Willing to risk a turnover for 2 yards than protect the ball and rely on your Ray Guy punter. Plus, at least a quarterback draw.

Too much time in the pocket is a big killer for this offense. Roll-out quick read passes with a dual threat QB is a better game plan.

Coaches are paid to (a) know the game better than most (b) optimize plays for the talent they have. Orlando does that well. He makes me dizzy just talking shop. The guy knows his shit. The offense needs that kind of moxie.

Ehlinger would make a helluva Tight End.  He is not my QB for the future. That position needs a lot more than what he brings. The new ones on the way are the future. Like the one from Calif. Hope he enrolls for the spring.

I flipped out last week when Sam threw the pick 6 last week.  I was telling my wife last night that I bet he would turnover the ball again in the 4th.  Sure as shit he did.  Freshmen or not he is a magnet for game breaking turnovers.

I'm not a Beck apologist, but where was Orlando's D last night when the D was needed the most. Those critical of Beck need to look at Orlando's D as well. Both need the right players that can execute. This entitled team has neither. Oh yeah, they look good occasionally, but too often it's just a shit show. When ALL of the Brown/Strong players are gone maybe the atmosphere of entitlement will be replaced by recruits with talent and a "give a shit" attitude.  

16 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

I'm not a Beck apologist, but where was Orlando's D last night when the D was needed the most. Those critical of Beck need to look at Orlando's D as well. Both need the right players that can execute. This entitled team has neither. Oh yeah, they look good occasionally, but too often it's just a shit show. When ALL of the Brown/Strong players are gone maybe the atmosphere of entitlement will be replaced by recruits with talent and a "give a shit" attitude.  

The D makes mistakes but without the D this year we likely have no wins... So I won’t be nearly as critical of them. They have kept us in and won us games. The O has been a complete shit show from the first snap this season. 

8 hours ago, Bevostuntdouble said:

With all due respect, Beck literally called a pass play on 3rd and 2 with 2 mins left... with the punter in the game on roster. this game is absolutely Becks fault. He’s put his qb in shit positions all year... and his side of the ball is NEVER ready to play week to week. That has to fall on him. It’s quite literally his job. 

And it's not like he doesn't have an All-American playing left tackle. Jeez, sometimes you've got to man-up and ride. 

30 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

I know your angry like myself but you can’t expect the D to not make mistakes and not get scored on in the big 12. Orlando and company held em to their year average passing at 333 passing— against a full air raid team— kept them to 62 rushing yards and they averaging 169 for the season and held em to 27 pts when there average 34 this season...I’d say the Defense did PLENTY to get the W. Offense scheme is tough in big 12 hence why you see so many embarrassing high scores. Long story short the numbers don’t lie and it does fall all of offense. Defense won’t  be perfect. Just have to do enough for a competent offense to score a couple and win

The horns are 6-6 mostly due to poor offensive production this entire season. The defense gave up 51 pts to maryland that L was on them. Tim Beck is a poor oc regardless of the oline injuries or youth thats just an excuse that we have been telling ourselves for the lack of performance by the offense. I am not talking about the oline or backs or recievers. What I see from beck is piss poor situation play calling lastnight was a summary of the entire season in one game. His decisions on both goal line series was a cluster**** trick plays on one series and the other one was runs right up the middle with porter and ehlinger. Porter is a small back he has no power to go up the middle. Beck has a 6-6 wr that can catch! Guess he felt sam cant throw a fade route..why not use shane in that situation? Or run the ball on 3rd and 2 .Beck and Herman inexplicably make questionable play calls in every game! Herman needs to evaluate his entire offensive staff or yr 2 will look just like yr 1