Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
mctmatt

What schools will be making Coaching changes ?

We know that Florida will be hiring , and I have no doubt Tennessee , Arkansas will also be making changes this season .  Nebraska and UCLA might still be a year away and I would not be surprised to see Snyder at K-State retire again after this season.  What effect will this have on our coaches and those in our conference  and are there others I am missing?

Yeah just saw where Tennessee fired Jones and that he will be owed almost $13 million unless something else was negotiated.  Aggie's might decide to wait with so many other schools making changes.  I think Old Miss will also be trying to make a permanent hire.  One friend is telling me that Mike Leach is getting mentioned for Florida.  I would not be surprised to see Florida State make a change as Jimbo has the program headed in the wrong direction .

A lot of potential openings. Here are some I think could open up or have already. 

Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Nebraska, UCLA, Texas A&M, Mississippi State (Gotta think Florida makes a run a Mullen), Texas Tech, Arkansas, Oregon State, UCF ( gotta think Frost is getting hired away), Iowa State (if someone is willing to eat Campbell’s buy out). 

It could get really interesting on the coaching carousel. 

Aggy will look at Chad Morris. The hire may not be sexy enough though. I could see them looking at Butch Jones, due to his SEC experience. lol

Mike Leach to Florida would be very intriguing. And normally this would seem plausible. However, I don't know if Leach will leave WSU. I've heard he's very happy there. Money talks, I know.

Can a team afford the buyout for the guy they fire, AND, the buyout for the guy they want to hire? Campbell never sets foot in dead dog town.

Hard to believe Bilema crashed and burned at Arkiesaw after the splendid job he did at Wisconsin. He had a formula that worked. Then, seemingly, stopped using it.

The ripple effect of is where I think Texas might be concerned as  I can see Iowa State or UCF going after Orlando if their coaches decide to make the move to one of the jobs that will be opened.  If Chad Morris does go to A&M or another program heck lets say Tech  then SMU will be on the hunt. This is why I love college football as the story off the fields are like a continuation of the season with winners and losers.

On November 12, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Aggy will look at Chad Morris. The hire may not be sexy enough though. I could see them looking at Butch Jones, due to his SEC experience. lol

Mike Leach to Florida would be very intriguing. And normally this would seem plausible. However, I don't know if Leach will leave WSU. I've heard he's very happy there. Money talks, I know.

Can a team afford the buyout for the guy they fire, AND, the buyout for the guy they want to hire? Campbell never sets foot in dead dog town.

Hard to believe Bilema crashed and burned at Arkiesaw after the splendid job he did at Wisconsin. He had a formula that worked. Then, seemingly, stopped using it.

It is becoming more obvious that Alvarez is the brains at Wisconsin. Apparently he hires coaches that will play to his vision of Wisconsin football.

Wisconsin is what Nebraska was.