Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Aaron Carrara

*****Texas vs. Kansas Game Thread*****

3 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Sam Ehlinger checks in the game. 

This is where things started going wrong. I realize it's a W, but it was pretty much a shit show on offense after that.

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Shane just doesn’t look healthy to me. At all. 

Shane was worried about the rush and because of that throwing off his back foot.

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Shane was worried about the rush and because of that throwing off his back foot.

Maybe so but he was breathing very heavily after every snap. Almost like he was having issues. I know he got banged up tonight but you could tell something was off

I read on another site that Cuney played the 2nd half for Shack?  If true, that’s probably why two tight ends & no Chris Warren. I need to rewatch. We don’t need both Cuney and Nicholson playing on the line-same time. 

Yikes!

Here is my assessment of this game, for what it's worth.

1. The offense was playing well, all things considered, until the coaching staff put in Ehlinger. I can't help but think the offense (and defense to a point) relaxed and Buechele was concerned and started looking over his shoulder. so to speak.

2. What was the substitution pattern for the RB's? Was it play the freshman for a quarter and then play Porter? This led to the offensive breakdown as much as the QB change.

3. The officials reviewed another play involving a penalty. I would guess this has happened only twice in Big 12 play, and both occurred during a Texas game. This makes he conspiracy theorist in me think that things are pre-determined. The Iowa St - Okie lite game is another indicator in my mind. Iowa St got screwed by the refs in that game.

4. This offensive line has to be the worst I have ever seen and I have been watching Texas football for 40 years. Their ineptitude allows every defense we play to put the minimum in the box and drop everyone else into coverage.

Anyways, That's my rant. I'm glad it was a win, but I hated watching a shit show for almost three quarters.

Let this sink in:

Baylor: 38, winless bayloooooooooooooooooor until they played Kansas.  The same Baylor that lost to Liberty

Kansas: 9

Baylor passed for more yards against our "Good" defense minus Holton Hill than we did vs the vaunted Kansas defense.

It started great but we let Kansas hang with us.  So are we going to blame the OL for the might Jayhawks scoring 27 on our defense?

Even the might Texas Tech Raiders defense held Kansas to 19. 

Central Michigan held them to 27 too.  

Yea Tristan is sooo bad, cant wait til he grads.  Cuney is like the joke that becomes the reality nightmare.  

But this team plays to the level of their competition luckily thats enough to beat a bad Kansas team.

Ill give the coaches credit for trying something different.   Warren at H Back was working atleast.  Overall its a W but it wasnt impressive at all.  They actually looked worse overall than they have all year minus the Maryland game.

17 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The offense absolutely sucks. 

Something I didn't put in my rant. I think Buechele has become the UT version of David Carr. He has the ability to propel Texas over the hump, but can't and won't because of the OLine.

8 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The offense absolutely sucks. 

I read this someshere but havent actually checked.  This offense is worse than the Watson cool cat offense numbers wise.  If true thats really bad.

13 hours ago, Baron said:

Something I didn't put in my rant. I think Buechele has become the UT version of David Carr. He has the ability to propel Texas over the hump, but can't and won't because of the OLine.

So his younger brother will be better than him in about 5 years?:)