Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Aaron Carrara

Holton Hill suspended for remainder of the season

Per the University, Longhorn junior CB Holton Hill has been suspended for the remainder of the 2017 season for a violation of team rules, Texas Head Coach Tom Herman announced Tuesday. Hill will be permitted to continue working out with the Longhorns and remain a member of the team, but will not be permitted to participate in any games.

Yea I would think this costs him a better slot in the draft but it may close it out for him. 

I would tend to think he leaves even if it means a low round pick.

It had to be something major since I dont believe he has been suspended for violated team rules this year.  I remember Reggie did and was suspended for like 1/2 a game.

LOL, I wonder if he left his water bottle somewhere. lol

I don't think he closes it out. I think some tough love is being employed by Herman here. And I think they both follow through with whatever lesson is learned.

1 minute ago, DMAC said:

Yea I would think this costs him a better slot in the draft but it may close it out for him. 

I would tend to think he leaves even if it means a low round pick.

It had to be something major since I dont believe he has been suspended for violated team rules this year.  I remember Reggie did and was suspended for like 1/2 a game.

Yea if it’s something for this extreme of punishment the incident may cause him his draft stock by itself. I will

be ready for the story to come out. He’d still be playing for HoeU :P

3 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Yea if it’s something for this extreme of punishment the incident may cause him his draft stock by itself. I will

Hill was in the doghouse last year.  Rumor was class attendance and alignment with Jennings if I remember right.

Thought he had turned it around this year.  Oh well you have to take responsibility for your actions.  Hopefully he learns this time.

13 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

LOL, I wonder if he left his water bottle somewhere. lol

I don't think he closes it out. I think some tough love is being employed by Herman here. And I think they both follow through with whatever lesson is learned.

Pee was too yellow.   He's gone to the NFL, unfortunately just dumped on his team with whatever he did or did not do.  So another scholly will open up to sign a 10th DB for next season.  Get some OL!!!  Wait, wrong thread right?

16 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

You have to kill someone for ou to suspend a player.  Wait, maybe kill two people not just one.

8 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Meh, my Cowboys will draft him!

Speaking of Jerry and signing problem players...just read Hardy won a MMA or UFC fight in 30 seconds.  That guy is a piece of work, as well as Jerry for signing him in the first place.

3 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

I don't remember seeing Davante Davis that much in the last few weeks.

Not getting much action this season.  Antwan Davis playing a lot last week for Locke.  Any word on Locke's return?