Jump to content

Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign Up for FREE
Sign in to follow this  
Sirhornsalot

Friday Night Lights – Week 11!

Recommended Posts

Three Texas commits named semifinalists for Mr. Texas Football award
(courtesy DCTF)
Dave Campbell’s Texas Football and the Texas Bowl proudly announce the 25 semifinalists for the Mr. Texas Football High School Player of the Year Award presented by Wells Fargo.
Mr. Texas Football presented by Wells Fargo annually recognizes the most outstanding high school football player in the state of Texas. Each week, fans are given a chance to vote for the player of the week on TexasFootball.com. At the end of the high school football season, 10 finalists will be named. Fans can then cast their vote as to who should be named Mr. Texas Football. The winner of the 2017 Mr. Texas Football Award presented by Wells Fargo will be announced prior to the 2017 Texas Bowl, which will be played on Wednesday, Dec. 27 at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Former winners of the award include 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel (2010 winner, Kerrville Tivy), former Texas Longhorns running back Johnathan Gray (2011 winner, Aledo), Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Jacquizz Rodgers (2007 winner, Lamar Consolidated) and Carolina Panthers quarterback Garrett Gilbert (2008 winner, Lake Travis). Texas A&M freshman wide receiver Roshauud Paul took home the award in 2016.
The 2017 Texas Bowl will once again feature a matchup between Big 12 and SEC opponents. The 2016 Texas Bowl, which was among the top-5 most-attended bowls in the country for the third consecutive year, featured the Kansas State Wildcats, representing the Big 12 Conference, and the Texas A&M Aggies, representing the SEC. The Wildcats defeated the Aggies 33-28 behind quarterback Jesse Ertz’s MVP-winning performance. Overall, the Texas Bowl has ranked fourth in attendance since 2014, trailing only the Rose, Cotton and Peach Bowls in that time.
For more information, visit TheTexasBowl.com.

MR. TEXAS FOOTBALL SEMIFINALISTS
Albany QB Brian Hamilton
Allen RB Brock Sturges
Angleton RB/DB BJ Foster
Carthage RB Keaontay Ingram

Converse Judson QB Julon Williams
Crosby RB Craig Williams
Denton Ryan QB Spencer Sanders
El Paso Montwood QB Andrew Fernandez
Gilmer QB Poppy Brown
Happy QB Colton McCarley
Hewitt Midway QB Tanner Mordecai
Katy DE Michael Matus
Lubbock Coronado QB Qua Gray
Malakoff QB Judd Miller
Mansfield Legacy QB/DB Jalen Catalon
Manvel WR Jalen Preston
Mission Memorial QB Landry Gilpin
Port Neches-Groves QB Roschon Johnson
Sachse QB Jalen Mayden
San Angelo Central QB Maverick McIvor
Sonora QB Kaden Cordell
St. Pius X QB Grant Gunnell
Sweetwater QB Chris Thompson
Tenaha QB CJ Horn
Westlake RB Nakia Watson

Wells Fargo and Dave Campbell’s Texas Football area proud to present the Mr. Texas Football High School Player of the Year award.  This year’s winner will be honored at the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl at the end of the season.
Past winners of the award:
2016: QB Roshauud Paul, Bremond
2015: QB Jett Duffey, Mansfield Lake Ridge
2014: QB Kyler Murray, Allen
2013: QB Kyler Murray, Allen
2012: RB Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
2011: RB Johnathan Gray, Aledo
2010: QB Johnny Manziel, Kerrville Tivy
2009: QB Darian “Stump” Godfrey, Gilmer
2008: QB Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis
2007: RB Jacquizz Rodgers, Lamar Consolidated


Future Horns see seasons end last week
Arp’s Demarvion Overshown, Newcastle Oklahoma’s Casey Thompson, Fort Worth Eastern Hills’ Byron Hobbs had their seasons come to an end last friday. All other Longhorn commits are either playing for a playoff spot or have secured a playoff spot – or have played their first playoff game (Rondale Moore in Kentucky).

NOTABLE GAMES THIS WEEK

San Benito vs Harlingen

Cibolo Steele vs Scherts Clemens
South Grand Prairie vs DeSoto
Sherman vs Dennison
Allen vs Wylie
Mesquite Horn vs Rockwall Heath
Graham vs Iowa Park
Euless Trinity vs Flower Mound Marcus
Gilmer vs Pittsburg
Waxahachie vs Mansfield Lake Ridge
Mansfield Timberview vs Mansfield Summit
Southlake Carroll vs Lewisville Hebron

 


TEXAS COMMITS



2018 CLASS

1. BJ FOSTER, S, Angleton defeated Richmond Foster 34-7. No stats available. 


This week – vs. Port Lavaca Calhoun, Friday, 7:30 pm at Angleton

2. BRENNAN EAGLES, WR, Alief Taylor defeated Pearland Dawson. Eagles did not play.

This week – vs George Ranch, Thursday, 7 p.m. at George Ranch

3. CADEN STERNS, S, Cibolo Steele defeated SA Wagner 40-28 . No stats available.

This week – vs Schertz Clemens Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Lehnhoff Stadium

4. JALEN GREEN, CB, Houston Heights (6-2) defeated Chavez 44-9 and clinched a playoff berth as third place in District 18-6A. No stats available.

This week – vs Idle. Regular season has ended.

5. ALVONTE WOODARD, WR, Houston Lamar defeated Bellaire 42-0 and clinched the District 18-6A championship. Woodard caught 1 TD pass.

This week – vs. Westbury, Thursday, 7 p.m. Delmar Stadium

c98aecf7b071e4679789a10efa5cc51c.jpg
Demarvion Overshown’s season ended Friday night.


6. DEMARVION OVERSHOWN, S, Arp defeated Harleton 31-6. No stats available.


This week – Arp’s season has ended with a 3-7 record.


7. AYODELE ADEOYE, LB, IMG Academy defeated Hoover, Alabama 32-21.


Next game – vs Bishop Sullivan Catholic (Virginia Beach, VA), Saturday, 8 p.m. at IMG Academy.


8. CAMERON RISING, QB, Newbury Park CA defeated Thousand Oaks 42-17. Rising did not play due to an injury in the previous game. With the win, Newbury Park was made eligible for an at-large position in the California state playoffs. Rising is not expected to play in the Round 1 game.

This week – vs Citrus Hill, Friday, 9 p.m. at Citrus Hill.


MDM-2227.jpg

Another big night for Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram.

9. KEAONTAY INGRAM, RB, Carthage defeated Palestine 49-31. Ingram scored on runs of 4, 36, and 25 yards in the first half. He added a 6-yard run for TD in the second half.

This week – vs Chapel Hill, Friday, 7:30 pm at Bulldog Stadium.

10. RONDALE MOORE, WR, Louisville Trinity KY defeated Seneca 70-0 in the 1st round of the Kentucky 6A state playoffs. Moore scored on a 79-yard punt return, a 48-yard pass, and a 11-yd run. He finished with five catches for 95 yards. He is currently the top contender for the prestigious “Mr Football” award, given to the top player in Kentucky each year. Trinity is currently riding a 26-game winning streak.

This week – vs. Campbell County (7-4) on Friday in the 2nd round of the Kentucky Class 6A playoffs.

11. CASEY THOMPSON, QB, Newcastle OK defeated Cache 41-23. Thompson was 15 of 21 for 214 yards and 4 touchdowns. He had a .714 completion percentage and QB rating of 143.8. Thompson also rushed for 205 yards on 16 carries for a 12.8 YPC average. He had a long of 67 yards and 1 touchdown. He had 420 total yards on the night with 5 TDs.

Newcastle finished their season at 3-7 and did not qualify for the Oklahoma state playoffs.

12. BYRON HOBBS, LB, FW Eastern Hills lost to Grapevine 38-18. Game stats not available. So far this season, Hobbs has 21 tackles, 12 solo, 5 sacks, 1 INT and 2 caused fumbles.

This week – vs Carter-Riverside Saturday 1 p.m., Eastern Hills

13. REESE MOORE, OT, Seminole defeated Fort Stockton 41-7. No stats available.

Next Game – vs Dalhart or Perryton, Friday, Nov. 17, 7:30 pm

14. CAMERON DICKER, K, Austin Lake Travis defeated Vista Ridge 51-7. Dicker had 7 kickoffs with 5 of those being touchbacks. He also converted 5 of 6 PATs and had a 20-yard FG.

This week – vs Austin Vandegrift, Friday, 7:30 pm. at Vandegrift.

15. KEONDRE COBURN, DT, Houston Spring Westfield defeated Eisenhower 31-3. No stats available.

This week – vs. Ben Davis, Friday, 7 pm, at Westfield.

920x920.jpg


Dekaney TE Malcolm Epps.

16. MALCOM EPPS, TE, Dekaney defeated Aldine 66-0. Epps had 3 catches for 33 yards (11.0 ave) and 1 touchdown. He had a long of 18 yard catch.


This week – vs. Macarthur, Thursday at 7 pm at Macarthur

17. RHAFITI GHIRMAI, OL, Frisco Wakeland defeated Heritage 38-14. No stats available

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/video/watch.aspx?videoid=31c73473-5a1e-40ae-acc7-5ccbd76c0f3c

This week – vs. Frisco, Thursday, 7 p.m. Ford Center

18. D’SHAWN JAMISON, CB, Houston Lamar defeated Sam Houston 63-6. Jamison returned the opening kickoff for a TD.

This week – vs. Westbury, Thursday, 7 p.m. Delmar Stadium

 
2019 CLASS

920x920.jpg
PNG’s Roschon Johnson’s passes found 9 different receivers last Friday.



1. ROSCHON JOHNSON, QB, Port Neches-Groves defeated Beaumont Ozen 48-0. Johnson had 305 total yards and five touchdowns. Johnson completed passes to 9 different receivers. PNG clinched a share of the District 22-5A title at 8-0 on the season.

This week – vs Nederland, Friday 7 pm at Nederland

AP TEXAS HS POLLS

Class 6A
  1.  Allen (9-0)
  2.  Katy (7-0)
  3.  Austin Westlake (9-0)
  4.  Garland Sachse (9-0)
  5.  Waco Midway (9-0)
  6.  Duncanville (9-0)
  7.  The Woodlands (6-1)
  8.  Klein Collins (8-0)
  9.  Converse Judson (8-1)
10.  DeSoto (8-1)
 Others receiving votes: Spring Westfield 24. Mansfield 12. Humble Atascocita 9. Smithson Valley 8. Lake Travis 6. San Angelo Central 4. San Benito 4. Klein 2. SA Northside O'Connor 1. Keller Fossil Ridge 1.

Class 5A
  1.  Aledo (9-0)
  2.  Manvel (8-0)
  3.  Denton Ryan (9-0)
  4.  CC Calallen (9-0)
  5.  Angleton (9-0)
  6.  Cedar Park (8-1)
  7.  Dallas Highland Park (8-1)
  8.  Dripping Springs (9-0)
10.  Colleyville Heritage (8-1)
   Others receiving votes: Lubbock Coronado 16. Mansfield Lake Ridge 15. Port Neches-Groves 8. College Station 6. Hutto 3. Mansfield Legacy 1.

Class 4A
  1.  Carthage (9-0)
  2.  West Orange-Stark (7-0)
  3.  Argyle (9-0)
  4.  Waco La Vega (9-0)
  5.  Cuero (8-0)
  6.  Midlothian Heritage (9-0)
  7.  Kennedale (8-1)
  8.  Texarkana Pleasant Grove (9-0)
  9.  Graham (9-0)
10.  Lubbock Estacado (9-1)
   Others receiving votes: Van 6. Seminole 2. Gilmer 2. Glen Rose 1. Kaufman 1. Fischer Canyon Lake 1. Melissa 1. Rio Hondo 1. Wimberley 1. Houston North Forest 1.


Class 3A
  1.  Gunter (9-0)
  2.  Wall (9-0)
  3.  Lexington (9-0)
  4.  Newton (8-0)
  5.  Canadian (9-0)
  6.  Brock (8-1)
  7.  Yoakum (8-1)
  8.  Hallettsville (7-1)
  9.  Sonora (9-0)
10.  Big Sandy Harmony (9-0)
   Others receiving votes: New London West Rusk 18. Malakoff 15. Mount Vernon 10. Jefferson 5. Grandview 4. Woodville 4. East Bernard 3. Goliad 3. El Maton Tidehaven 2.


Class 2A
  1.  Tenaha (9-0)
  2.  Mason (9-0)
  3.  Muenster (9-0)
  4.  Albany (9-0)
  5.  Mart (8-1)
  6.  Refugio (7-1)
  7.  De Leon (9-0)
  8.  Bremond (8-1)
  9.  San Augustine (9-0)
10.  Wellington (8-1)
   Others receiving votes: New Deal 9. Abernathy 9. Burton 7. Big Sandy 3. Joaquin 2. Valley View 2. Clarendon 1. 


MAXPREPS NATIONAL TOP 25

1. Mater Dei (CA)
2. IMG Academy (FL)
3. American Heritage (FL)
4. Allen, TX
5. Centennial (CA)
6. Ben Davis (IN)
7. St John Bosco (CA)
8. St Joseph’s Prep (PA)
9. Bingham (UT)
10. South Pointe (SC)
11. Katy, TX
12. Trinity (KY)
13. St Frances Academy (MD)
14. Central (FL)
15. Bishop Gorman (NV)
16. Mission Viejo (CA)
17. Duncanville, TX
18. Archer (GA)
19. De La Salle (CA)
20. St John’s (DC)
21. St Louis (HI)
22. Grayson (GA)
23. Lowndes (GA)
24. Chandler (AZ)
25. St Ignatius (OH)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too many people will notice But Canyon Lake vs Taylor for the District title --- this may be (sure be ) CL's first our right championship in school history  in football --- V'ball did it two years ago ! School is about 8 years old. Go Hawks !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Three Texas commits named semifinalists for Mr. Texas Football award
(courtesy DCTF)
Dave Campbell’s Texas Football and the Texas Bowl proudly announce the 25 semifinalists for the Mr. Texas Football High School Player of the Year Award presented by Wells Fargo.
Mr. Texas Football presented by Wells Fargo annually recognizes the most outstanding high school football player in the state of Texas. Each week, fans are given a chance to vote for the player of the week on TexasFootball.com. At the end of the high school football season, 10 finalists will be named. Fans can then cast their vote as to who should be named Mr. Texas Football. The winner of the 2017 Mr. Texas Football Award presented by Wells Fargo will be announced prior to the 2017 Texas Bowl, which will be played on Wednesday, Dec. 27 at NRG Stadium in Houston.
Former winners of the award include 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel (2010 winner, Kerrville Tivy), former Texas Longhorns running back Johnathan Gray (2011 winner, Aledo), Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Jacquizz Rodgers (2007 winner, Lamar Consolidated) and Carolina Panthers quarterback Garrett Gilbert (2008 winner, Lake Travis). Texas A&M freshman wide receiver Roshauud Paul took home the award in 2016.
The 2017 Texas Bowl will once again feature a matchup between Big 12 and SEC opponents. The 2016 Texas Bowl, which was among the top-5 most-attended bowls in the country for the third consecutive year, featured the Kansas State Wildcats, representing the Big 12 Conference, and the Texas A&M Aggies, representing the SEC. The Wildcats defeated the Aggies 33-28 behind quarterback Jesse Ertz’s MVP-winning performance. Overall, the Texas Bowl has ranked fourth in attendance since 2014, trailing only the Rose, Cotton and Peach Bowls in that time.
For more information, visit TheTexasBowl.com.

MR. TEXAS FOOTBALL SEMIFINALISTS
Albany QB Brian Hamilton
Allen RB Brock Sturges
Angleton RB/DB BJ Foster
Carthage RB Keaontay Ingram

Converse Judson QB Julon Williams
Crosby RB Craig Williams
Denton Ryan QB Spencer Sanders
El Paso Montwood QB Andrew Fernandez
Gilmer QB Poppy Brown
Happy QB Colton McCarley
Hewitt Midway QB Tanner Mordecai
Katy DE Michael Matus
Lubbock Coronado QB Qua Gray
Malakoff QB Judd Miller
Mansfield Legacy QB/DB Jalen Catalon
Manvel WR Jalen Preston
Mission Memorial QB Landry Gilpin
Port Neches-Groves QB Roschon Johnson
Sachse QB Jalen Mayden
San Angelo Central QB Maverick McIvor
Sonora QB Kaden Cordell
St. Pius X QB Grant Gunnell
Sweetwater QB Chris Thompson
Tenaha QB CJ Horn
Westlake RB Nakia Watson

Wells Fargo and Dave Campbell’s Texas Football area proud to present the Mr. Texas Football High School Player of the Year award.  This year’s winner will be honored at the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl at the end of the season.
Past winners of the award:
2016: QB Roshauud Paul, Bremond
2015: QB Jett Duffey, Mansfield Lake Ridge
2014: QB Kyler Murray, Allen
2013: QB Kyler Murray, Allen
2012: RB Dontre Wilson, DeSoto
2011: RB Johnathan Gray, Aledo
2010: QB Johnny Manziel, Kerrville Tivy
2009: QB Darian “Stump” Godfrey, Gilmer
2008: QB Garrett Gilbert, Lake Travis
2007: RB Jacquizz Rodgers, Lamar Consolidated


Future Horns see seasons end last week
Arp’s Demarvion Overshown, Newcastle Oklahoma’s Casey Thompson, Fort Worth Eastern Hills’ Byron Hobbs had their seasons come to an end last friday. All other Longhorn commits are either playing for a playoff spot or have secured a playoff spot – or have played their first playoff game (Rondale Moore in Kentucky).

NOTABLE GAMES THIS WEEK

Cibolo Steele vs Scherts Clemens
South Grand Prairie vs DeSoto
Sherman vs Denison BATTLE OF THE AXE BABY!!!! GO JACKETS!!!
Allen vs Wylie
Mesquite Horn vs Rockwall Heath
Graham vs Iowa Park
Euless Trinity vs Flower Mound Marcus
Gilmer vs Pittsburg
Waxahachie vs Mansfield Lake Ridge
Mansfield Timberview vs Mansfield Summit
Southlake Carroll vs Lewisville Hebron


TEXAS COMMITS



2018 CLASS

1. BJ FOSTER, S, Angleton defeated Richmond Foster 34-7. No stats available. 


This week – vs. Port Lavaca Calhoun, Friday, 7:30 pm at Angleton

2. BRENNAN EAGLES, WR, Alief Taylor defeated Pearland Dawson. Eagles did not play.

This week – vs George Ranch, Thursday, 7 p.m. at George Ranch

3. CADEN STERNS, S, Cibolo Steele defeated SA Wagner 40-28 . No stats available.

This week – vs Schertz Clemens Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Lehnhoff Stadium

4. JALEN GREEN, CB, Houston Heights (6-2) defeated Chavez 44-9 and clinched a playoff berth as third place in District 18-6A. No stats available.

This week – vs Idle. Regular season has ended.

5. ALVONTE WOODARD, WR, Houston Lamar defeated Bellaire 42-0 and clinched the District 18-6A championship. Woodard caught 1 TD pass.

This week – vs. Westbury, Thursday, 7 p.m. Delmar Stadium

c98aecf7b071e4679789a10efa5cc51c.jpg
Demarvion Overshown’s season ended Friday night.


6. DEMARVION OVERSHOWN, S, Arp defeated Harleton 31-6. No stats available.


This week – Arp’s season has ended with a 3-7 record.


7. AYODELE ADEOYE, LB, IMG Academy defeated Hoover, Alabama 32-21.


Next game – vs Bishop Sullivan Catholic (Virginia Beach, VA), Saturday, 8 p.m. at IMG Academy.


8. CAMERON RISING, QB, Newbury Park CA defeated Thousand Oaks 42-17. Rising did not play due to an injury in the previous game. With the win, Newbury Park was made eligible for an at-large position in the California state playoffs. Rising is not expected to play in the Round 1 game.

This week – vs Citrus Hill, Friday, 9 p.m. at Citrus Hill.


MDM-2227.jpg

Another big night for Carthage’s Keaontay Ingram.

9. KEAONTAY INGRAM, RB, Carthage defeated Palestine 49-31. Ingram scored on runs of 4, 36, and 25 yards in the first half. He added a 6-yard run for TD in the second half.

This week – vs Chapel Hill, Friday, 7:30 pm at Bulldog Stadium.

10. RONDALE MOORE, WR, Louisville Trinity KY defeated Seneca 70-0 in the 1st round of the Kentucky 6A state playoffs. Moore scored on a 79-yard punt return, a 48-yard pass, and a 11-yd run. He finished with five catches for 95 yards. He is currently the top contender for the prestigious “Mr Football” award, given to the top player in Kentucky each year. Trinity is currently riding a 26-game winning streak.

This week – vs. Campbell County (7-4) on Friday in the 2nd round of the Kentucky Class 6A playoffs.

11. CASEY THOMPSON, QB, Newcastle OK defeated Cache 41-23. Thompson was 15 of 21 for 214 yards and 4 touchdowns. He had a .714 completion percentage and QB rating of 143.8. Thompson also rushed for 205 yards on 16 carries for a 12.8 YPC average. He had a long of 67 yards and 1 touchdown. He had 420 total yards on the night with 5 TDs.

Newcastle finished their season at 3-7 and did not qualify for the Oklahoma state playoffs.

12. BYRON HOBBS, LB, FW Eastern Hills lost to Grapevine 38-18. Game stats not available. So far this season, Hobbs has 21 tackles, 12 solo, 5 sacks, 1 INT and 2 caused fumbles.

This week – vs Carter-Riverside Saturday 1 p.m., Eastern Hills

13. REESE MOORE, OT, Seminole defeated Fort Stockton 41-7. No stats available.

Next Game – vs Dalhart or Perryton, Friday, Nov. 17, 7:30 pm

14. CAMERON DICKER, K, Austin Lake Travis defeated Vista Ridge 51-7. Dicker had 7 kickoffs with 5 of those being touchbacks. He also converted 5 of 6 PATs and had a 20-yard FG.

This week – vs Austin Vandegrift, Friday, 7:30 pm. at Vandegrift.

15. KEONDRE COBURN, DT, Houston Spring Westfield defeated Eisenhower 31-3. No stats available.

This week – vs. Ben Davis, Friday, 7 pm, at Westfield.

920x920.jpg


Dekaney TE Malcolm Epps.

16. MALCOM EPPS, TE, Dekaney defeated Aldine 66-0. Epps had 3 catches for 33 yards (11.0 ave) and 1 touchdown. He had a long of 18 yard catch.


This week – vs. Macarthur, Thursday at 7 pm at Macarthur

17. RHAFITI GHIRMAI, OL, Frisco Wakeland defeated Heritage 38-14. No stats available

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/video/watch.aspx?videoid=31c73473-5a1e-40ae-acc7-5ccbd76c0f3c

This week – vs. Frisco, Thursday, 7 p.m. Ford Center

18. D’SHAWN JAMISON, CB, Houston Lamar defeated Sam Houston 63-6. Jamison returned the opening kickoff for a TD.

This week – vs. Westbury, Thursday, 7 p.m. Delmar Stadium

 
2019 CLASS

920x920.jpg
PNG’s Roschon Johnson’s passes found 9 different receivers last Friday.



1. ROSCHON JOHNSON, QB, Port Neches-Groves defeated Beaumont Ozen 48-0. Johnson had 305 total yards and five touchdowns. Johnson completed passes to 9 different receivers. PNG clinched a share of the District 22-5A title at 8-0 on the season.

This week – vs Nederland, Friday 7 pm at Nederland

AP TEXAS HS POLLS

Class 6A
  1.  Allen (9-0)
  2.  Katy (7-0)
  3.  Austin Westlake (9-0)
  4.  Garland Sachse (9-0)
  5.  Waco Midway (9-0)
  6.  Duncanville (9-0)
  7.  The Woodlands (6-1)
  8.  Klein Collins (8-0)
  9.  Converse Judson (8-1)
10.  DeSoto (8-1)
 Others receiving votes: Spring Westfield 24. Mansfield 12. Humble Atascocita 9. Smithson Valley 8. Lake Travis 6. San Angelo Central 4. San Benito 4. Klein 2. SA Northside O'Connor 1. Keller Fossil Ridge 1.

Class 5A
  1.  Aledo (9-0)
  2.  Manvel (8-0)
  3.  Denton Ryan (9-0)
  4.  CC Calallen (9-0)
  5.  Angleton (9-0)
  6.  Cedar Park (8-1)
  7.  Dallas Highland Park (8-1)
  8.  Dripping Springs (9-0)
10.  Colleyville Heritage (8-1)
   Others receiving votes: Lubbock Coronado 16. Mansfield Lake Ridge 15. Port Neches-Groves 8. College Station 6. Hutto 3. Mansfield Legacy 1.

Class 4A
  1.  Carthage (9-0)
  2.  West Orange-Stark (7-0)
  3.  Argyle (9-0)
  4.  Waco La Vega (9-0)
  5.  Cuero (8-0)
  6.  Midlothian Heritage (9-0)
  7.  Kennedale (8-1)
  8.  Texarkana Pleasant Grove (9-0)
  9.  Graham (9-0)
10.  Lubbock Estacado (9-1)
   Others receiving votes: Van 6. Seminole 2. Gilmer 2. Glen Rose 1. Kaufman 1. Fischer Canyon Lake 1. Melissa 1. Rio Hondo 1. Wimberley 1. Houston North Forest 1.


Class 3A
  1.  Gunter (9-0)
  2.  Wall (9-0)
  3.  Lexington (9-0)
  4.  Newton (8-0)
  5.  Canadian (9-0)
  6.  Brock (8-1)
  7.  Yoakum (8-1)
  8.  Hallettsville (7-1)
  9.  Sonora (9-0)
10.  Big Sandy Harmony (9-0)
   Others receiving votes: New London West Rusk 18. Malakoff 15. Mount Vernon 10. Jefferson 5. Grandview 4. Woodville 4. East Bernard 3. Goliad 3. El Maton Tidehaven 2.


Class 2A
  1.  Tenaha (9-0)
  2.  Mason (9-0)
  3.  Muenster (9-0)
  4.  Albany (9-0)
  5.  Mart (8-1)
  6.  Refugio (7-1)
  7.  De Leon (9-0)
  8.  Bremond (8-1)
  9.  San Augustine (9-0)
10.  Wellington (8-1)
   Others receiving votes: New Deal 9. Abernathy 9. Burton 7. Big Sandy 3. Joaquin 2. Valley View 2. Clarendon 1. 


MAXPREPS NATIONAL TOP 25

1. Mater Dei (CA)
2. IMG Academy (FL)
3. American Heritage (FL)
4. Allen, TX
5. Centennial (CA)
6. Ben Davis (IN)
7. St John Bosco (CA)
8. St Joseph’s Prep (PA)
9. Bingham (UT)
10. South Pointe (SC)
11. Katy, TX
12. Trinity (KY)
13. St Frances Academy (MD)
14. Central (FL)
15. Bishop Gorman (NV)
16. Mission Viejo (CA)
17. Duncanville, TX
18. Archer (GA)
19. De La Salle (CA)
20. St John’s (DC)
21. St Louis (HI)
22. Grayson (GA)
23. Lowndes (GA)
24. Chandler (AZ)
25. St Ignatius (OH)
 

Hey SHA! FIFY :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Royal 60 said:

Not too many people will notice But Canyon Lake vs Taylor for the District title --- this may be (sure be ) CL's first our right championship in school history  in football --- V'ball did it two years ago ! School is about 8 years old. Go Hawks !!

 

Congrats Canyon Lake! Beat the Ducks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coal Harbour said:

I really miss not being able to attend the Denison v Sherman game the last few years.  Always standing room only as both communities really support their programs.

Yessir! I went last year in Denison. I doubt I go Friday. It's in Sherman this year and I can't stand that raggedy stadium lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

My friend, you are part of the reason I listed it. Its also a big rivalry game.

Thank you my good man! It's the longest running rivalry in the state if I'm not mistaken. Great environment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridge Point 24

Hightower 0

Halftime

 

George Bush 38

SFA 3

Halftime

 

Jersey Village 14

Cyp Lakes 12

Halftime

 

GP North Shore 27

Summer Creek 0

2nd

 

Stratford 13

Klein 7

2nd

 

Lamar 19

Westbury 0

1st

 

Arl Martin 33

Arl Lamar 7

2nd

 

Arlington 6

Arl Sam Houston 0

1st

 

West Brook 21

Conroe 13

2nd

 

Edinburg North 21

PSJA 3

2nd

 

McAllen 14

Mission 0

2nd

 

Sterling 14

Channelview 14

Halftime

 

Cedar Hill 7

Irving 0

2nd

 

Abilene Cooper 14

Lubbock Coronado 10

2nd

 

Dekaney 31

Macarthur 0

2nd

 

#10 DeSoto 7

S. Grand Prairie 7

Halftime

 

#7 Waco Midway 28

Killeen Ellison 14

2nd

 

#8 Klein Collins 34

Northbrook 0

2nd

 

George Ranch 14

Alief Taylor 7

2nd

 

SA Brennan 14

SA O'Connor 7

2nd

 

Shertz Clemens 10

Steele 7

2nd

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McAllen 34

Mission 27

FINAL

 

Ridge Point 38

Hightower 14

FInal

 

Jersey Village 42

Cyp Lakes 26

Final

 

Haltom 28

Keller Central 17

Final

 

GP North Shore 34

Summer Creek 7

Final

 

Lamar 36

Westbury 18

Final

 

Stratford 27

Klein 14

Final

 

Arl Martin 50

Arl Lamar 34

Final

 

West Brook 39

Conroe 25

Final

 

Cedar Hill 20

Irving0

Final

 

Channelview49

Sterling 33

Final

 

Lubbock Coronado 34

Abilene Cooper 31

Final

 

Dekaney 38

Macarthur 0

Final

 

DeSoto 17

S Grand Prairie 14

Final

 

Waco Midway 63

Ellison 28

Final

 

Klein Collins 62

Northbrook 0

Final

 

George Ranch 37

Alief Taylor 7

Final

 

SA O'Connor 44

SA Brennan 41

Final

 

Steele 14

Shertz Clemens 13

Final

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar and North Shore are playing well right now.  Region 3 6A Division 1 will have Katy, Atascocita, Ridge Point, Lamar and North Shore in it.  North Shore now plays a Freshmen at QB that reminds me alot of Bryant Badie, the QB from last season.  Hard to get a read on Lamar with the district that they play in, but I wouldn't want them.  Cy-Fair will be Division 1 as well unless Cy Falls beats Cy Creek.  If that happens, the Bobcats would go Division II.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alief Hastings 55 Pearland Dawson 35; Hastings wins 23-6A, which no one expected at the beginning of the year.

Cy Falls victory over Cy Creek clinches a playoff berth for the Eagles and also sends Cy-Fair to DII.

Cy-Fair (8-0) vs Langham Creek (8-0) today at 1:00 at Pridgeon Stadium for the 17-6A district title.  Both schools will be 6A DII in Region 3; therefore, this very well could be the first of two meetings today.

6A Div 1 Reg 3 is loaded with Katy, Lamar, Atascocita, Ridge Point, North Shore, Pearland and Dickinson.  Whoever survives that will deserve it, but will more than likely be rewarded with Converse Judson or Lake Travis in the State Semi's; not ideal.

5A Div 1 Reg 3 really comes down to Manvel vs Cedar Park in the Regional Semi's, unless there is another Temple story that plays out again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Coal Harbour said:

Alief Hastings 55 Pearland Dawson 35; Hastings wins 23-6A, which no one expected at the beginning of the year.

Cy Falls victory over Cy Creek clinches a playoff berth for the Eagles and also sends Cy-Fair to DII.

Cy-Fair (8-0) vs Langham Creek (8-0) today at 1:00 at Pridgeon Stadium for the 17-6A district title.  Both schools will be 6A DII in Region 3; therefore, this very well could be the first of two meetings today.

6A Div 1 Reg 3 is loaded with Katy, Lamar, Atascocita, Ridge Point, North Shore, Pearland and Dickinson.  Whoever survives that will deserve it, but will more than likely be rewarded with Converse Judson or Lake Travis in the State Semi's; not ideal.

5A Div 1 Reg 3 really comes down to Manvel vs Cedar Park in the Regional Semi's, unless there is another Temple story that plays out again this year.

 

I like North Shore a lot. They are just mowing people over. Katy looks strong again and I'd say Atascocita is a good dark horse. 

Judson is playing good ball but IMO Lake Travis is very beatable.

Cedar Park may not make it to Manvel. They are not their usual selves this year.

I really like Angleton going into the playoffs. . . . as long as BJ Foster returns from injury.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  


Franchise Quest


  • Latest Posts

×