Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Daniel Seahorn

5 Thoughts Following The Win Over KSU

As for Foreman:

Herman is focused on going forward.  Foreman is a good player but why carry the baggage of your father and attitude (if true) if its his last year.

We have Reggie, Collin, Lil'Jordan, to pick it up.

32 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Yall talking about all the good WRs and you're leaving me, er I mean Heard off the list. He has played this year including last night.

Conpletely fair.  I knew I forgot one and that is a good one.  Heard was awesome last night.

55 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Yall talking about all the good WRs and you're leaving me, er I mean Heard off the list. He has played well this year including last night.

That touchdown play in overtime was well designed. Haven’t seen Heard that open since that seam pass he caught against ND last year. 

56 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

Yall talking about all the good WRs and you're leaving me, er I mean Heard off the list. He has played well this year including last night.

No doubt we have so many great WR's its difficult to keep track of em all

11 hours ago, DMAC said:

ND may have been ranked 9th preseason but they were terrible.  Shane was good last year but for whatever reason (maybe injuries) he isnt the same in this system.  Sam is the guy, he proved it last night and vs USC.  Kudos to the kid.  Fans were chanting "We Love You" to him last night

Exactly, no one new that the wheels were going to fall off Note Dame.

It was as impressive a win from a true freshman as I've ever seen considering the history and tradition of the two teams.

44 minutes ago, Grandpa Zorro said:

I thought the same thing...could barely stand to listen!

Was this the same guy who said that blocking should be illegal unless both players are going in the same direction?:blink:

my thoughts and comments:

• I love this group of WRs.  They catch well, they run well with the ball, and I can't decide who is my favorite.
  • Agree with everyone's comments that the OL play was a highlight.  I look forward to continued improvement.
  • Sam is the QB1...he earned it.  He seems to be a bit of a gunslinger and tries to fit the ball into tight windows at times. ..but all the good ones do.  I loved when he flattened the LB!
  • I'm still concerned that opponents WRs seem to get VERY open.  I'm not smart enough to determine whether it is someone making mistakes, bad defensive calls by the coach or what...but I'm concerned.  I do like our defense as a whole.
  • I just don't understand why we can't get a stud kicker.  Right now, I assume that TH doesn't trust his kicker when he goes for it on 4th instead of taking a "sure" FG.  I hate that. Otherwise, I might assume he is trying to be aggressive or make a statement saying we will do what we want and you can't stop us. 
  • As a general observation, special teams just scares me a little... 
  • As a Dad, I told my VB playing daughter when she was riding the bench to go to her coach and say, "Coach, what do I need to do to get better?"  At the same time, hustle in practice, be vocal encouraging your teammates, be engaged during the games instead of pouting on the bench, and when you have a chance to play, play your butt off!.  Foreman's Dad may be right...if the Coach doesn't like you, you may not play.  So tell your kid to do the things that will make the coach like you.  In every team sport in the world, coaches love the kids that hustle, have a good attitude, support their teammates.  Don't tell your kid "it's not your fault."   And maybe, just maybe, there are players who are better than you are...so go out there and help the the team be better by practicing hard and being ready to be the "next man up."  There is absolutely no upside to a parent using twitter to express frustrations.  //end rant//   BTW, my daughter had that convo with the coach, hustled, worked hard, and earned a starting spot!
  • Hook 'Em
  • OU still sucks

17 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

I just dont understand this. I seem to hear a near consensus on what a great coach the Purple wizard is...

Purple Wizard vs Orange Wizard? 

Purple is okay, but I LOVE  orange.

11 minutes ago, Grandpa Zorro said:

• As a Dad, I told my VB playing daughter when she was riding the bench to go to her coach and say, "Coach, what do I need to do to get better?"  At the same time, hustle in practice, be vocal encouraging your teammates, be engaged during the games instead of pouting on the bench, and when you have a chance to play, play your butt off!.  Foreman's Dad may be right...if the Coach doesn't like you, you may not play.  So tell your kid to do the things that will make the coach like you.  In every team sport in the world, coaches love the kids that hustle, have a good attitude, support their teammates.  Don't tell your kid "it's not your fault."   And maybe, just maybe, there are players who are better than you are...so go out there and help the the team be better by practicing hard and being ready to be the "next man up."  There is absolutely no upside to a parent using twitter to express frustrations.  //end rant//   BTW, my daughter had that convo with the coach, hustled, worked hard, and earned a starting spot!

Good advice.

shia.gif

1 hour ago, Grandpa Zorro said:

I thought the same thing...could barely stand to listen!

Since we are discussing peripheral things; is it just me, or is there a glare that comes off the turf at DKR? 

I'm chalking the kicking problem up to the law of averages. Mack had a miraculous string of good kickers on average. Guys who nobody ever heard of stepping in and being studs. Ending with one of the best of all time.

Now I do think the pendulum needs to start swinging back the good way pretty quick.

13 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Random question:  is Carter getting any time at LB?  

Ummm, what?  Toniel Carter is a RB.  I dont know of any other Carter on the roster.  Are you possibly talking about Gary Johnson?

On 10/8/2017 at 10:20 AM, Embrey said:

And what is funny in light of Herman's apparent willingness to forego the sure thing for the whole enchilada was that he didn't go for 2 and the win at USC.  I am not trying to break his balls.  I just don't have a clear read on him yet.

In the presser following the USC game, TH said they used the practiced 2-pt play to score the TD and didn't have a second play available. He agreed that going for 2 would be his first choice otherwise.

18 minutes ago, Bogey said:

In the presser following the USC game, TH said they used the practiced 2-pt play to score the TD and didn't have a second play available. He agreed that going for 2 would be his first choice otherwise.

I don't remember but was that the throw back to Brewer?  If so, imo, just line up and give Sam the RPO...