Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
texbound

Next 5 Games

5 hours ago, JMagana said:

If you go to barking carnival they have a nice little video showing how game plan and adding GJ to the lineup freed up Malik to do Malik things. I don't know how to post or gladly would have shared since it's a free site.

#freeMalik

If, I say IF, the Horns play like did tonight then I think 3-2 in this stretch is absolutely within reach.  I think they can be 4-3 and have a chance to run the table against TT, KU, Baylor, WVU, and YOU.  I would be ecstatic with a 9-3 or 8-4 record.  With all that said, I'm cautiously optimistic because I felt this way after OU 2 years ago and ND last year.  Can they sustain this level of play and turn the corner?

On 9/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, DMAC said:

4-1

The only loss is to USC.  If we can keep it close with the Trojans I think we will go on a run in conference play.  We will beat the paperclips.

Im sticking with 4-1.  We win the next 4 if our defense plays the way they did last night.  Hell we could run the table if we play like that.  Proud of our defense and the speed at which they played.  We need to stop beating ourselves.

42 minutes ago, DMAC said:

Im sticking with 4-1.  We win the next 4 if our defense plays the way they did last night.  Hell we could run the table if we play like that.  Proud of our defense and the speed at which they played.  We need to stop beating ourselves.

I'm starting to believe with you Dmac, bit the proof will be 11 days from now in Ames.  Get back that goose egg from 2 years ago and avenge what is probably the 2nd worse loss in the past 3 years.  Gotta stay with Ehlinger from this point forward.  Shane might've been Wally Pipped.

59 minutes ago, DMAC said:

After last night I have come closer to your opinion.  What a tough ass performance last night.

A lot of things have happened the last 5 years or so.  I have seen Texas lose so many damn games in so many different ways.  What I haven't seen Texas do in years I saw last night.  Football is a tough ass sport played by mean ass people and Texas looked tough and mean again.  Despite the loss I am extremely encouraged in their future.

8 minutes ago, Embrey said:

After last night I have come closer to your opinion.  What a tough ass performance last night.

A lot of things have happened the last 5 years or so.  I have seen Texas lose so many damn games in so many different ways.  What I haven't seen Texas do in years I saw last night.  Football is a tough ass sport played by mean ass people and Texas looked tough and mean again.  Despite the loss I am extremely encouraged in their future.

29 minutes ago, texbound said:

I'm starting to believe with you Dmac, bit the proof will be 11 days from now in Ames.  Get back that goose egg from 2 years ago and avenge what is probably the 2nd worse loss in the past 3 years.  Gotta stay with Ehlinger from this point forward.  Shane might've been Wally Pipped.

So many games we would get blown out over the last few years and I was hoping that wouldnt happen.  We still made mistakes on Defense but WOW those kids played so hard and fast.  I havent been that excited about defense in years.  It seems like injustice just to point to few great games.  Nelson, Ford, Charles O, MJ, Johnson, Wheeler, Hill, Shark, and so many more played with such intensity and speed it was amazing.  I jumped off the sofa when MJ came through the gap like a freaking bullet to clock R Jones on his butt.  It was amazing.

Yes we still have some issues.  Boyd always bites on double moves.  Locke needs to shed blocks better.  Right before half, Wheeler left R Jones on his route to go after Sam Darnold.  Maybe he thought he had help behind him but I doubt Sam was going to run 56 yards but Jones did.  Not taking anything away from Wheelers game because I have picked on that kid the last 2 weeks and he came to play.

Sam made a slew of mistakes.  Three sacks in a row, He got lucky throwing across his body a couple times.  All in all he still gave us the lead on the #4 team at Coliseum in only his 2nd game.  In the end we beat ourselves and should have beaten USC even with zero help from some no calls.

Beck needs to get his head out of his ass.  Why CW3 had only 4 carries is inexcusable.  I was amazed he wasnt running on the last drive.  

If our defense comes to play like that every game we could run the table.  

It has been years since I have screamed with joy over Texas football.  When Sam hit Foreman I was screaming so loud I scared my dog and cat.  I was at the Alamo Bowl when TCU came back from 31 down.  I was that level excited last night.

I'm concerned with the OL, and how Orlando adjusts his schemes for the upcoming spread offenses. Malik and Wheeler were heroes last night, but I need to see them not struggle in space against offense like OU and OSU before I'm fully bought in. The secondary played their ass off as well, best games Jones has played. Under control and taking proper angles. Locke lost contain on outside zone a little too much for my liking. It appears Boyd's benching lit his ass on fire.

One thing I really liked as the game wore on, Orlando had his guys recognizing the shallow cross very well, save for the last one. That bodes well for the air raid type offenses coming up on the schedule. We also struggle to generate pass rush unless we blitz. Hager has had a somewhat disappointing season, though he's going to get a lot of PT in 2 weeks.

It would be a great disappointment not to be 3-2 going into the oklahoma 2-step. Split those 2, and you have a shot at running the back half of the conference schedule and ending up 9-3, 8-1. Baylor, Kansas, and Tech are not good teams. TCU is over-rated as long as Hill is the QB, WVU is going to be very tough on the road, against what is likely to be two teams still in contention for the conference title game.