Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
  1. DBut82

DBut82

2. oldhorn2

oldhorn2

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• Definitely agree.... Very classy folks who can agree to disagree.   Best board I've ever been on.
    • I am craving baseball badly. Someone chat with me! How are we looking for next year? What are everyone’s predictions? I saw D1 Baseball ranked us 21 in their preseason poll and Baseball America had us at 14 in theirs.  I’m not sold. I’m confident in the rotation but am worried about the bullpen getting the ball to Ridgeway.  And the lineup... Oh boy. I don’t know if we have a .280 hitter on the team. Hopefully, the lineup is patient as always but this is my biggest question! Maybe Todd and McCann take another step. And Hamilton can get on base enough to use his speed.  The newbies, Zubia and Hibbeler better be as good as advertised or I think we take a step back this year! All in all I think we finish 4 in conference. Behind TCU Tech and WVU. Oklahoma may challenge but screw those guys.  Hook em!
    • Every team in the country would take Bamba in a heartbeat. Every single one. Passing on a guy like him is professional malfeasance. Consider the following one and dones. 2017 Gonzaga, NC runner-up: Zach Collins 2017 UNC, Champ: Tony Bradley 2016 Syracuse, Final Four: Malachi Richardson 2015 Duke, Champ: Jahlil Okafor 2015 Duke, Champ: Justice Winslow 2015 Kentucky, Final Four: Karl Anthony-Towns 2015 Kentucky, Final Four: Devin Booker 2015 Kentucky, Final Four: Trey Lyles That's just the last three years, we could keep going. The point is, you don't make it to the mountaintop without elite talent, and the 1 & dones are a significant factor in that equation. It's not getting phenoms that's the problem, it's surrounding them with veteran talent that has been Shaka's issue to date. Most of it isn't his doing; as Jeff Haley repeatedly points out there were a couple of Barnes' last recruiting classes which were a complete wash that is just now working its way out of the system. The roster turnover is increasingly Shaka's doing, and if it continues to be in flux where the team is incredibly young every year then that is something he needs to fix. There are signs he's getting better at it; consider his "first" class (which was really Barnes' last class Shaka had to keep together), Roach is playing at a high level on both ends of the floor and Davis is starting to look like himself again. Tevin Mack is at Alabama, and that's a ding on Shaka's resume. If Roach and Davis are both around and playing at this level or better next year, with Osetkowski and Eli Long contributing significant minutes added in the mix this team gets to be significantly more veteran in a hurry and the incoming freshman class will be the first in a number of years that isn't thrown into the fire as stop-gaps. There's a light at the end of the tunnel here, and I promise it's not a train. Probably.
    • Idk how you cats feel, but this thread is GOLD!  Gives me life