Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• The Texas Longhorns  (16-16, 8-10 Big 12) begin their NIT journey tonight at the Frank Erwin Center as they host the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (24-8, 14-2 The Summit League).  The two teams have never met on the hardwood. Texas makes their first appearance in the NIT since the 1985-1986 season and are 6-3 all-time in four previous appearances in the Postseason NIT. The Longhorns won the 1978 NIT by defeating North Carolina State in the championship game. Texas will be without freshman F Jaxson Hayes when they take the court tonight.  Hayes suffered a knee injury in the team's loss to Kansas in the Quarterfinals of the Big 12 Tournament. TEXAS vs. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE Venue: Frank Erwin Center Location: Austin, TX Television:  ESPN Time:  8:00 PM CST
    • I always liked the Mayor... Fred Hoiberg. Would Williams leave the best conference in basketball? What about Gregg Marshall? He had some pretty good Wichita State teams.
    • It doesn't do college football any good for Bru or any other these transfers to sit out a year. 
    • NCAA granted him a hardship waiver and that’s good news for Bru McCoy. We already felt like things would go Texas’ way, but this pretty much seals it IMO. If Martell is getting a waiver then pretty much everyone else will as well.   
    • I was and continue to be hopeful that we could lure Buzz Williams away from VaTech and bring him home to Texas. I would imagine aggy is trying to make the same hire.