Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
okiehorn

USC still remembers

41 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Very cool Promo- Fox setting the stage 

LOL!  Yeah, I saw this when it aired the other night. The hype is awesome.  But the only thing remotely close between now and last time is that they have a Heisman candidate...I hope we can shock the world and pull off another monumental upset.  HOOK EM!!!

13 minutes ago, tj3333 said:

USC fan here...and yes, we absolutely remember that game and that run.  Looking forward to an injury free game on Saturday!

This one could go your way, but 2006 everyone thought USC was unbeatable as well. We did have a guy named Vince young though so quite different lol. Going to be fun to watch but USC def lookin damn good. Lot better than NoU

2 minutes ago, Dbut82 said:

LOL!  Yeah, I saw this when it aired the other night. The hype is awesome.  But the only thing remotely close between now and last time is that they have a Heisman candidate...I hope we can shock the world and pull off another monumental upset.  HOOK EM!!!

I trust in the Herman. His team shows up for big games. But frankly I'd be happy with keeping it close.  Can't come soon enough. Just wish we were 2-0 as we should have been 

The penalty USC referred to is from a scandal involving star running back Reggie Bush, who accepted gifts from an agent during his time with the Trojans. The university was punished by seeing the final two wins of its 2004 National Championship season vacated, along with all 12 of USC’s wins in 2005.

3 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

The fact they deny losing that game is hilarious.  The look on the USC fans faces that night were of pure amazement. The only thing I got wrong about that game was the final margin, I had Texas by double digits.

What ya got in 2017? 

Surely USC teaches some sort of reading comprehension. Reggie Bush caused them to vacate all their WINS....Nothing allows them to vacate losses unless they now use aggy math. When a school is ordered to vacate all wins in a season it does not say the season did not happen. I am sure their record is shown as 0-13....not 0-12.....

"The NCAA has released a statement, which provides the Cliff’s Notes version of their 67-page report on USC’s violations. What folllows is the full list of both self-imposed and NCAA mandated sanctions against USC:

• Vacation of all wins in which the former football student-athlete competed while ineligible, beginning in December 2004. This vacation includes participation in any postseason competition, including football bowl games."

Straight from the horses mouth and BTW in the second sentence when it states "This vacation" and "participation" it is still referring to the prior sentence where the vacation and participant is implicitly explained. It seems the redundancy should have been included to benefit those on the west coast that have failed to grasp English syntax. USC is attempting to vacate their participation in the post season competition, including football bowl games. The sentence actually states: This vacation, of all wins, includes participation, in which the former football student-athlete competed while ineligible, in any post season competition, including football bowl games. In other words every freaking game you cheating bastards won while Reggie "show me the money" Bush was playing is now a loss and every freaking game you cheating bastards lost while Reggie "show me the money" Bush was playing is still a loss.