Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Sirhornsalot

Aggy vs Nicholls St.

48 minutes ago, DMAC said:

USC looks scarey  

I'm having visions of Boyd chasing Wrs

Does anybody believe a still healing Shane is going to start against USC?

NO

Today's game was a dress rehearsal for USC.  Run the ball.  Control the clock.  Play defense.  Sam will benefit from the additional PT.  I am curious to see Warren III against the USC defense.

1 minute ago, Embrey said:

Does anybody believe a still healing Shane is going to start against USC?

NO

Today's game was a dress rehearsal for USC.  Run the ball.  Control the clock.  Play defense.  Sam will benefit from the additional PT.  I am curious to see Warren III against the USC defense.

It's already been reported here Shane is most likely out 3 weeks

11 hours ago, DMAC said:

I just watched USC GAME in full I'm trying but damn they are very good in all phases and we have true freshman QB  and a suspect secondary.  That's not negative just realistic

It depends what team shows up, same with us, USC gave up 265 yards rushing in the opener and there lines look as bad as ours against Maryland. I re-watched it cuz boredom. Now if last night team shows up for both teams it could be good. Hell im thinkin an even better Herman team will show. It's only the beginning. None of these teams scare me at this point. Not even Nou who beat a Ohio st team. Who I wasn't  real impressed with either. USC gives up 260+ rushing on us it'll be Texas with the W. and that was against a bad western Michigan. But daaamn there receivers are good. My only concern 

4 hours ago, okiehorn said:

It depends what team shows up, same with us, USC gave up 265 yards rushing in the opener and there lines look as bad as ours against Maryland. I re-watched it cuz boredom. Now if last night team shows up for both teams it could be good. Hell im thinkin an even better Herman team will show. It's only the beginning. None of these teams scare me at this point. Not even Nou who beat a Ohio st team. Who I wasn't  real impressed with either. USC gives up 260+ rushing on us it'll be Texas with the W. and that was against a bad western Michigan. But daaamn there receivers are good. My only concern 

I think instead of just comparing what we and USC did to the other team, we have compare the "other" teams.  USC was playing a very good Stanford team.  That kid Love for RB is a very good back.  USC pretty much dominated them in all phases.  Their defense which was poor in the season opener was very good.  On the other hand Texas beat San Jose State.  Hardly a decent team.  Now add in we have a true freshman QB that will be playing in his second collegiate start and a defense that still lets receivers behind them.  I watched Darnel and he is the real deal.  He forces some bad passes but he will eat up our secondary and even if we play great their OL is very good and the run game could be another Maryland.

Texas can win but I will be if our offense can play video game football with them.  So IF our offense can control the clock with grinding Warren for 200 yards we have a chance.  I doubt Sam can win this game throwing.  So if we get down by 3+ scores we lose this game.  

Herman has won these types of games at Houston but it was easy for teams to overlook UH.  I doubt many pass on the chance to crush UT if given the chance.

I expect we lose this game.  If we win great but this will be our toughest game.  I just hope we dont get crushed by USC in a blowout in primetime.  It could happen.

HoeU is average at best Ohio State is overrated much like ND was last year.  F@#K Mayfield.  I hope we crush his punk ass.

I like your last paragraph!!! As for the others stuff of course it's going to be tough but I'm not losing hope and bettin Herman doesn't lay down either. Yes there great but I'll be tuned it lookin for anulset. But I agree even if we keep it close that's a plus for the good guys. During prime time 

43 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

I like your last paragraph!!! As for the others stuff of course it's going to be tough but I'm not losing hope and bettin Herman doesn't lay down either. Yes there great but I'll be tuned it lookin for anulset. But I agree even if we keep it close that's a plus for the good guys. During prime time 

Yea I know but atfer the preseason koolaid I am tempering my expectations.  It was San Jose State afterall.  Some much needed personnel changes and improvment was made last week but there is still a long ways to go especially on defense.  We are lucky San Jose didnt/couldnt capitalize on those breakdowns.  Improvement is all I expect and so far so good although the bar couldnt get much lower after Maryland.

Until we beat teams we arent supposed to beat consistently then I will stick with the following :

6b5996aee48cb3030f14ad0fd52fb672--feelin