Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
OrangeLarry

Perhaps It Got Lost In The Mail...

Is anybody managing the UT Athletic Department?  Back in the day...I received my annual copy of the Football Media Guide in early August.  Remember the one that was about 500 pages and three inches thick.  I think it was the largest one printed for collegiate football.  

Anyway,  Horns have already played one game and are a day away from playing their second game of the 2017 season.  And yesterday (Friday), I received the 2017 Season (Media) Guide.  I realize the "guide" comes directly from the printer, but isn't someone(s) overseeing its development, editing and printing schedules...?

And, still waiting to receive my ou tickets.

Yep, I realize this is a petty bitch.  But, being a refugee of corporate America, I can't help but wonder if this "small" screw-up is not indicative of a lack of overall management within the athletic department...

Hook 'em...

Saturday A.M.  Scratch one bitch off my list.... Mailman just handed me ou Tickets.
Edited by OrangeLarry
Revision...ou tickets

4 hours ago, OrangeLarry said:
Is anybody managing the UT Athletic Department?  Back in the day...I received my annual copy of the Football Media Guide in early August.  Remember the one that was about 500 pages and three inches thick.  I think it was the largest one printed for collegiate football.  

Anyway,  Horns have already played one game and are a day away from playing their second game of the 2017 season.  And yesterday (Friday), I received the 2017 Season (Media) Guide.  I realize the "guide" comes directly from the printer, but isn't someone(s) overseeing its development, editing and printing schedules...?

And, still waiting to receive my ou tickets.

Yep, I realize this is a petty bitch.  But, being a refugee of corporate America, I can't help but wonder if this "small" screw-up is not indicative of a lack of overall management within the athletic department...

Hook 'em...

Saturday A.M.  Scratch one bitch off my list.... Mailman just handed me ou Tickets.

Having been in the print business for a time, I can tell you that its probably "none of the above" as far as your list of development, editing and printing. Your problem is distribution, which will be on the print shop, not the University. What I imagine happened was that it was printed and during print, an error was found that was unacceptable and the printing had to be started all over again.

I've seen it a thousand times and it sounds like what may be up with the media guide.