Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
HornSports Staff

Buechele update (9/8/17)

Texas fans should be prepared for Sam Ehlinger to start tomorrow against San Jose State as it looks like Buechele will be out tomorrow and possibly longer due to the shoulder injury - this was from a source that initially told us about Buechele's injury and scheduled MRI.  How long is long?  We're not exactly certain.  Could be a week or could be three. 

Sucks for him but IMO once Sam starts he will never look back... Also IMO this was due to happen because Sam is a much better fit for the Herman offense. The offense we saw last week was a hybrid and it really not what Herman wants to run... We will now get to see the full Herman offense that he ran at Ohio State...

Well here's the chance to see what Sam has...I mean Shane wasn't getting it done for the W with his arm and dang sure not with his legs in game 1 so let's go and see what happens tomorrow...shane was in the same situation last year as a freshman 

1 hour ago, Aaron Carrara said:

I was told 3 weeks today, guys.  

Then his shoulder was never completely healed from last season, but moreover, that's only 2 games, as Texas as an off week after USC. So really, 1-2 potentially with Buechele returning for conference play, is not ideal, but not devastating either.

Though if Sam can somehow go 2-0, Buechele may be Wally Pipp'd. Kind of like when Young replaced Mock. Mock still played an important role that season.

I also like that USC is going to get beat up physically with Stanford coming into town. USC struggled protecting Darnold and stopping Western Michigan's run game. Two things to don't portend well against the Cardinal. Plus it allows USC to spend no time working on Texas stuff.

1 hour ago, RunRickyRun said:

Surely this means Heard moves to QB permanently?

I would think he is at least getting a crash course in Herman's offense.

Let's at least wait for Sam to take his first snap before we anoint him the savior of UT football. He could be the next Colt McCoy, or he could be the next Garrett Gilbert.

I'm definitely intrigued to see what Sam can do, but I'd rather it be under different circumstances than this.

54 minutes ago, Embrey said:

Knowing what we know now about how David Ash turned out, what is the play SHA?

PS I still think Shane was concussed on the first play.

You really have no options. You have Sam, Heard, and I had heard that we have a walk-on who had played himself in front of Matthew Merrick which is more or less why Merrick moved on.

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You really have no options. You have Sam, Heard, and I had heard that we have a walk-on who had played himself in front of Matthew Merrick which is more or less why Merrick moved on.

The walk-on is our version of Postma.