Sign in to follow this  
Will Baizer

4th and 5: Breaking down the first week in full pads and the injuries it came with

Will Baizer and Joe Cook break down the last three commitments that Tom Herman has been able to wrap up. What do they mean for the class and for the program in general.

Then they hit on the fall practices they've been to. It's been a tough few days under Tom Herman in full pads, and the injury list shows it. What do the injuries mean, how worried should fans be, and what else should fans take away from the practices.

Advertise on HornSports

It's good to hear that Buechele has put on weight. I don't want to rely on a freshman QB two years in a row.

I disagree big time on everyone's view on Kaepernick. He is a starting QB in the NFL. He's better than Josh McCown for the Jets and Brock Osweiler for the Browns. So, that's two teams right there.. If Flacco is out for awhile then he's a starting QB for the Ravens also.

As far as not being blackballed, there is no way he's not one of the top 64 QB's in the NFL. That's 32 starting QB's and 32 backups. Colin Kaepernick had 16 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions for a truly awful 49er's team last year. Ozzie Newsome is one of the best general managers in football and he and Harbaugh wanted to sign him, but the owner didn't. I guess Kaepernick didn't meet Steve Bisciotti's moral standing. Ray Lewis and Ray Rice were just find, but not Kaepernick. 

Kaepernick was not a distraction last year.He was the recipient of the Len Eshmont Award, given to the 49er who "best exemplifies the inspirational and courageous play of Len Eshmont, an original member of the 1946 49ers team." Also, Chip Kelly has said that Kaepernick was not a distraction last year.

It's good to hear that Buechele has put on weight. I don't want to rely on a freshman QB two years in a row.

I disagree big time on everyone's view on Kaepernick. He is a starting QB in the NFL. He's better than Josh McCown for the Jets and Brock Osweiler for the Browns. So, that's two teams right there.. If Flacco is out for awhile then he's a starting QB for the Ravens also.

As far as not being blackballed, there is no way he's not one of the top 64 QB's in the NFL. That's 32 starting QB's and 32 backups. Colin Kaepernick had 16 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions for a truly awful 49er's team last year. Ozzie Newsome is one of the best general managers in football and he and Harbaugh wanted to sign him, but the owner didn't. I guess Kaepernick didn't meet Steve Bisciotti's moral standing. Ray Lewis and Ray Rice were just find, but not Kaepernick.

Kaepernick was not a distraction last year.He was the recipient of the Len Eshmont Award, given to the 49er who "best exemplifies the inspirational and courageous play of Len Eshmont, an original member of the 1946 49ers team." Also, Chip Kelly has said that Kaepernick was not a distraction last year.

I completely disagree.... He may have won an award but an award doesn't pay the bills. Know team wanted the extra attention he will bring to the organization. Same reason Tebow is know where to be found in the league. Collin kneeling pissed off WAY more people than it helped with his cause that's a guarantee. Is he good enough to play Hell ya but he screwed himself last year and it's showing. Truth hurts

I completely disagree.... He may have won an award but an award doesn't pay the bills. Know team wanted the extra attention he will bring to the organization. Same reason Tebow is know where to be found in the league. Collin kneeling pissed off WAY more people than it helped with his cause that's a guarantee. Is he good enough to play Hell ya but he screwed himself last year and it's showing. Truth hurts

My thoughts are who says an employer has to hire an employee they don't want? Don't employers have the ability to decide who they hire? If a potential boss doesn't like me he can decide to hire someone else for his business. Potential employees might not fit their business model or work culture. Nobody protested for me the last time I interviewed for a job and wasn't hired. With that said, Kapernick has the right to say or protest whatever he likes. That doesn't entitle him to be hired by anyone. Also, I don't think I have ever actually heard Kapernick complain about his situation. Everyone else seems to be talking about it but him, power to him.

My thoughts are who says an employer has to hire an employee they don't want? Don't employers have the ability to decide who they hire? If a potential boss doesn't like me he can decide to hire someone else for his business. Potential employees might not fit their business model or work culture. Nobody protested for me the last time I interviewed for a job and wasn't hired. With that said, Kapernick has the right to say or protest whatever he likes. That doesn't entitle him to be hired by anyone. Also, I don't think I have ever actually heard Kapernick complain about his situation. Everyone else seems to be talking about it but him, power to him.

Triple Like if I could. Well said.