Daniel Seahorn

It Begins.... (2017 Fall Camp Thread)

Advertise on HornSports

Yeah, but even Earl had tremendous issues with hamstring injuries his first 3 seasons. IIR, he was probably the first college player to wear support hose after someone suggested he try them, the kind that nurses wore/wear. I think Warren is too heavy and that puts a strain on joints and ligaments. I'd rather see him at 230 than 250. 

"other hard hitters" doesnt even apply to Earl. Those were not tear awayjerseys by the way. A defender had to have an incredible grip to be able to keep hanging on, and if he could, thats all he would end up with bacause Earl just ran out of them. Seriously....Earl was way beyond what those other guys could do.

Anyone really think Sam has a legit shot to be the starting QB?

I'm leaning as this is a way to motivate Shane a little more. But if Sam really became the starter... all I would say is Wow.

The "if he stays healthy" is the issue with Johnson. You can't project favorable things from a guy when he hasn't proven he can stay healthy for a full season. Your two most talented backs haven't logged a full season at Texas due to injuries and that's a bit scary.

After that you got guys that have small sample sizes from last year (Porter) and guys who have yet to log snaps at the college level (Carter, Houston, Young).

Daniel, do you know if Kirk Johnson participated in the scrimmage yesterday? If he did, how did he do? Also, is Porter back?

Hey! Just let me enjoy my koolade until the season starts  B). Seriously though, I get what you're saying. I just want Kirk to succeed and have the same success as his brother.

In my personal opinion, I think Johnson is the best back on the roster. But we haven't been able to see that yet because he's always injured. He's recovering from injury right now.

He can't have an impact from the sidelines. I remain hopeful for him though because I think if everything ever gets pointed in the right direction for him, the sky is the limit. 

FYI, from what I've heard, Johnson is participating in practice. He is being protected somewhat and withheld from certain things, but at least he's there and suited up.

smart move by the staff, take the appropriate precautionary steps for Johnson

kinda dumb SHA....first they say we beat USC....then they predict we win 9 games?...Hell.....I figure if we beat USC we go to double digits.

Possibly. But we could have a flat tire or two along the way when we don't play up to our potential or – aren't aligned (lol).

Who would have thought last summer that we'd beat Notre Dame but lose to Kansas?

Possibly. But we could have a flat tire or two along the way when we don't play up to our potential or – aren't aligned (lol).

Who would have thought last summer that we'd beat Notre Dame but lose to Kansas?

^^^^THis.....Some are also saying USC is over rated. i dont see how considering how dominate they were toward end of last year but i have heard it on espn. Your article was great but I HATE to hear the sooners are going to go back to the play offs, and UT possibly lose to them twice in 1 year. Id never hear the end of that.