Daniel Seahorn

It Begins.... (2017 Fall Camp Thread)

Advertise on HornSports

Unintended consequence of mucho hitting / tackling to the ground?

I think we will ultimately be pleased with the results.

I think most of the injuries have been freak injuries (guys getting rolled up, stepped on etc.).

But yes the staff has bench running a tough camp and it should pay off down the road.

Becoming more and more concerned about the the RB position. I raised concerns about it awhile back and folks thought I was overreacting. Durability is the biggest issue across the board.

Yeah, you raised concerns because after Warren, it's a crap shoot. And Warren has just been injured for the second time.

He gets hurt a lot for a big kid. Not sure whats up with that. At similar, but slightly smaller size, Earl Campbell made people hate life during practice.

Yeah, you raised concerns because after Warren, it's a crap shoot. And Warren has just been injured for the second time.

He gets hurt a lot for a big kid. Not sure whats up with that. At similar, but slightly smaller size, Earl Campbell made people hate life during practice.

I really respect your insight and posts, but I'll have to disagree on this one. There is more than enough talent to pick up the slack if Warren goes down during the season. Starting with Kirk Johnson (if he stays healthy). There are some good RB's on this roster.

I really respect your insight and posts, but I'll have to disagree on this one. There is more than enough talent to pick up the slack if Warren goes down during the season. Starting with Kirk Johnson (if he stays healthy). There are some good RB's on this roster.

The "if he stays healthy" is the issue with Johnson. You can't project favorable things from a guy when he hasn't proven he can stay healthy for a full season. Your two most talented backs haven't logged a full season at Texas due to injuries and that's a bit scary.

After that you got guys that have small sample sizes from last year (Porter) and guys who have yet to log snaps at the college level (Carter, Houston, Young).

The "if he stays healthy" is the issue with Johnson. You can't project favorable things from a guy when he hasn't proven he can stay healthy for a full season. Your two most talented backs haven't logged a full season at Texas due to injuries and that's a bit scary.

After that you got guys that have small sample sizes from last year (Porter) and guys who have yet to log snaps at the college level (Carter, Houston, Young).

Hey! Just let me enjoy my koolade until the season starts  B). Seriously though, I get what you're saying. I just want Kirk to succeed and have the same success as his brother.