Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Daniel Seahorn

It Begins.... (2017 Fall Camp Thread)

The most exciting thing I read was that we started practice with special teams work......special teams work???...I dont know that we spent one minute working on special teams the last three years, but if we did it was time wasted because we had the worst special teams (outside of punter) I have ever seen at Texas.

I felt the same way after reading the report.  Its encouraging for sure!

After seeing this video, I'm diggin' the idea of an all burnt orange uniform similar to the practice uni. I tend to lean toward sticking with the classics, but this would be a nice change-up for a home game without straying too far from the classic look.

post-7537-0-89932600-1501881657_thumb.jpg

Sounds like practices and scrimmages are as physical as advertised.

Reese Leitao looks like he can put on weight, but looked good in the drills he ran in.

Gary Johnson seems fast and well built. Not stocky, but well built. Good thing is that works well in the Big 12, but I'd like to see him in live action before I say he's good or he's bad.

I actually haven't seen much of Delance this Fall. I think right now he's fallen a bit on the depth chart.

I typed Reese but I meant to ask about Kendall Moore, the SU Tight End transfer.

If we could just recruit and land guys with non matching names it would really help out old guys like me. Is that too much to ask?

After seeing this video, I'm diggin' the idea of an all burnt orange uniform similar to the practice uni. I tend to lean toward sticking with the classics, but this would be a nice change-up for a home game without straying too far from the classic look.

I guess I wouldn't mind an alternate Uni for one LHN game.

What's really disconcerting is the partial stripe on the helmet for newcomers. Even though it's practice and it has its use, I cringe every time I see it.