Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Daniel Seahorn

Daniel's Crystal Ball Picks

6 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Putting a pick in for Mikey Grandy. All things considered, I think Texas gets this one after he officially visits. 

I'll take a guy on the OL who did some MMA.

From TFB about JUCO OL Mikey Grandy

Really really nice player. Good thickness, nice length. Nasty. Good hands. He finds work and plays to the whistle. Good offer. He’s a plug and play. He’s better than Kerstetter already. He’s a tackle but think he’s powerful enough to be a guard. Reminds me a lot of Connor Lanfear for Texas A&M.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, dillohorn said:

As far as I'm concerned, Tom can't offer too many OL. I'm sick of the OL drought we've had for all these years.

AMEN With by my count only nine OL it a far cry from three deep at each position.

Daniel with a few 2019 CB picks.  Most sickening is Braeden Mowry to aggy.  Uugghh, is this another Ossai/Wright type deal?  Remember him being pretty stoked when we offered.

Bookie to UCLA Daniel?  OU thought this guy was one of the commits from a few weeks back.  Could you see Pledger going with him since him and Bookie are buddies and he seems like the kind of RB Chip likes.

Also, time to worry with Grandy with the UCLA offer?  Glad we get the OV right before he decides.

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Bookie to UCLA Daniel?  OU thought this guy was one of the commits from a few weeks back.  Could you see Pledger going with him since him and Bookie are buddies and he seems like the kind of RB Chip likes.

Also, time to worry with Grandy with the UCLA offer?  Glad we get the OV right before he decides.

Definitely a bit worried about UCLA entering the mix for Grandy. 

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Daniel changed his Grandy pick to UCLA.  Looks like we're gonna' strike out of the 1st two JUCO OL offers.  Lets hope we get J. Johnson and offer Elbert.

Being a Cali kid I feel like UCLA holds the edge. Texas has to hope he doesn’t pop on his visit this weekend and they get a swing. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Just put one in for Katy DT Moro Ojomo to Texas. I think once his season wraps up and the staff gets him on campus that this one will get done.

He looks a head taller than anyone else on the Katy defense, maybe a candidate for the 4i position?  If he just turned 16 back in August he may not be done growing.

Looks like Grandy is going to make his OV this weekend, think we may move back in front on this one Daniel?

11 minutes ago, Slimer said:

He looks a head taller than anyone else on the Katy defense, maybe a candidate for the 4i position?  If he just turned 16 back in August he may not be done growing.

Looks like Grandy is going to make his OV this weekend, think we may move back in front on this one Daniel?

First hurdle was getting him to follow thru with the visit to Austin. We will know more after he visits. 

I've seen Ojomo play a few times this year and he was certainly impressive against Northshore a few days ago (as was the entire Katy defense).  Would love to see him on campus.  In addition to his physical attributes, he's going to have the mental part down too since Katy plays such disciplined defense. 

27 minutes ago, Horns10 said:

I've seen Ojomo play a few times this year and he was certainly impressive against Northshore a few days ago (as was the entire Katy defense).  Would love to see him on campus.  In addition to his physical attributes, he's going to have the mental part down too since Katy plays such disciplined defense. 

He's listed at 6'3 on his profile page would you say that's legit or maybe even short?  Kid looks like a giant on hudl compared to most around him.

Daniel, 2019 related but I noticed an aggy mod had a pick for Tyler Johnson to Texas and that Javonne Shepherd has a pick or 2 to Texas.  That would be a great get for some OT's, you like where we stand early on with these 2?

I got a bad feeling Kenyon Green either sticks with LSU or flips to aggy.  Hope I'm wrong.

15 hours ago, Slimer said:

He's listed at 6'3 on his profile page would you say that's legit or maybe even short?  Kid looks like a giant on hudl compared to most around him.

Ojomo has tremendous "get off" and is a legitimate 6'3.  The thing that is tough with him as he dominates as a DT at about 50-60 lbs less than Spring Westfield DT Keondre Coburn (UT commit);  that can be tricky b/c he would be engulfed at the next level at his current weight unless UT wants to kick him outside.  Always a roll of the dice when assuming a DT can put on weight and keep his explosiveness at the next level.