Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Daniel Seahorn

Daniel's Crystal Ball Picks

This is starting to remind me of the Joshua Moore recruitment in a way....at least in terms of drama. Daniel, assuming we get Rondale Moore, as well as hold on to Watkins (or get Crawford in place of him), do you think the coaches will continue to recruit Waddle? Would you say it's worth the trouble?

A lot of folks have probably assumed this already, but I can't shake the feeling that there's someone at Episcopal (or at least someone who lives in that area) that just doesn't like UT. Then again, as Daniel said, lots of layers to it.

This is starting to remind me of the Joshua Moore recruitment in a way....at least in terms of drama. Daniel, assuming we get Rondale Moore, as well as hold on to Watkins (or get Crawford in place of him), do you think the coaches will continue to recruit Waddle? Would you say it's worth the trouble?

A lot of folks have probably assumed this already, but I can't shake the feeling that there's someone at Episcopal (or at least someone who lives in that area) that just doesn't like UT. Then again, as Daniel said, lots of layers to it.

He's talented enough that you recruit him no matter what you got. He may not be receptive, but I would at least try.

I'm about to go foggy on my CB pick for Jaylen Waddle with a potential change to A&M. A lot of layers to this one, but Texas has slipped here and with the talk of him wanting to be the only slot take I don't like Texas' odds right now.

Makes me wonder if this is part of the reason Herman is recruiting Rondale Moore...he might have known Waddle was "slipping away".

If you include Moore for me, they are 1a, 1b, 1c. Pick your order, but if they sign 1, I'm good. If they get any combo of 2 out of 3, I'm estatic. All very talented. Moore's ranking will rise if he puts together a full year similar to what he was able to do with a small sample size last year.

This sums it up very nicely. Any 2 of these 3 will be huge.

The only thing that would really suck about Waddle going to A&M is that aggy won't shut up about if for a long time lol

True. Hammster would put out an article on how ATM beat out UT for Waddle. However, who cares what they say because they will forever be in the middle of the pack....regardless of conference.

I think when your problem is who to take from the three prospects, you have a wonderful problem. lol

I have heard some people say Watkins is a one-of-a-kind type player. They say its unfair to put him in a box like that because he can do so much.

The early reports on Moore is that he's legit and would be a home run threat, something teams would have to account for, due to speed alone.

And then there's Waddle. And everyone I've talked to seem to place Waddle above Crawford or Moore.

I agree with Seahorn here, you keep going after Waddle no matter what. I think the kid will play in the NFL one day.

Damn, I really haven't realized until now that wide receivers practically grow on trees these days in Texas. This class, along with last year's and 2019's, are just stacked playmakers.

Texas looks good in this one and that is even after taking their time to offer.

Aggy boards are going be in meltdown mode when they realize all the 2019 that Hammster is saying will go to aggy because of Gunnell doesn't happen. The Gunnell effect.

I think when your problem is who to take from the three prospects, you have a wonderful problem. lol

I have heard some people say Watkins is a one-of-a-kind type player. They say its unfair to put him in a box like that because he can do so much.

The early reports on Moore is that he's legit and would be a home run threat, something teams would have to account for, due to speed alone.

And then there's Waddle. And everyone I've talked to seem to place Waddle above Crawford or Moore.

I agree with Seahorn here, you keep going after Waddle no matter what. I think the kid will play in the NFL one day.

If he is as good as everyone says then why is the "rumor" he wants to be the only slot taken?  

If true then he doesn't sound confident in his own abilities and afraid of competition.

DMAC....I have asked exactly the same thing. It is either a rediculous rumor or a case of maybe we didnt need him after all

Im hoping its just a rumor.  The kid is very explosive.

If he is as good as everyone says then why is the "rumor" he wants to be the only slot taken?  

If true then he doesn't sound confident in his own abilities and afraid of competition.

I know absolutely nothing about this young man or his situation but it is possible to be extremely talented and still feel insecure.

I know absolutely nothing about this young man or his situation but it is possible to be extremely talented and still feel insecure.

Right on.

Something else to consider, and this may be a little too deep, but: it's also possible that he's a 17 year old with recruiters and everyone else talking to him every day. You're kidding yourself if you don't think recruiters, family, friends and fellow players were all over his phone the second Moore committed to Texas.

I don't care how good you think you are, but doubt creeps into your mind. Add to it pressure from outside sources, and I imagine it'd be a nerve-wracking moment for a 17 year old. 

Right on.

Something else to consider, and this may be a little too deep, but: it's also possible that he's a 17 year old with recruiters and everyone else talking to him every day. You're kidding yourself if you don't think recruiters, family, friends and fellow players were all over his phone the second Moore committed to Texas.

I don't care how good you think you are, but doubt creeps into your mind. Add to it pressure from outside sources, and I imagine it'd be a nerve-wracking moment for a 17 year old.

Agree, but this is the third time he has decommitted. He will end up playing at Hawaii Tech if he is looking for a school with no WR competition.