Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Daniel Seahorn

Daniel's Crystal Ball Picks

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think that will return for you. :D

This is an OV so Tom can and will pull all the stops. And based on what I've seen of his creativity, he'll knock it out of the park. We also need to show a good passing game in the spring game.

I have no doubts that Herman and Texas can put on a great visit. But the latter part about the passing game is what concerns me a bit. We shall see.

On 4/16/2018 at 9:48 PM, Daniel Seahorn said:

I have no doubts that Herman and Texas can put on a great visit. But the latter part about the passing game is what concerns me a bit. We shall see.

It depends on what plays are called, but MOSTLY what defensive plays are called.  Take careful notice of the defense - VERY careful notice.  :)

Tom knows how to impress recruits - off the field and on the field.

11 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

So a DB class of Catalon, Watson, Banks? Maybe Cine?

Interested to see if the 4* California visitor has any interest.  I still bet Demani visits before it's all said and done.  Wouldn't be surprised if we took 5 DB's either.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:13 PM, Slimer said:

Interested to see if the 4* California visitor has any interest.  I still bet Demani visits before it's all said and done.  Wouldn't be surprised if we took 5 DB's either.

Are you talking about the RB? 

5 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

One good... one bad. 

Texas pick for Makiya Tongue and a ND pick for NaNa.

I'm going to relent and agree with this on NaNa. Apparently, ND has dad in their corner and thats not likely to change.

You still dial his number on a regular basis just in case.

Tongue's recruitment might be over. I keep hearing he may pull the trigger. Not sure if BC's shhh was related to that or not.

4 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

Nana to ND is a bit of a surprise.  Three weeks ago he was 100% UT.  Ah me, such are the peccadillos of the teenager.

Yup. We hit a left turn on this one after his trip to South Bend. As someone mentioned, one or both of his parents seem to favor ND. 

4 hours ago, Texas2725 said:

Do we feel like Catalon and Johnson are just a matter of time?  Feels like we're trending very well for both and now looking great for Adimora (sp?)

Texas is in really good shape for Catalon and Johnson. Things are trending positively for Adimora as well.

4 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Yup. We hit a left turn on this one after his trip to South Bend. As someone mentioned, one or both of his parents seem to favor ND. 

Shows what the value of a silent commit is.

26 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Put my CB in for Jake Smith. Landing Liebrock helps in this one and Texas was already on good footing prior to that. He has two more trips to Austin on the docket this year for his official and the USC game this fall. 

The last bit is interesting if you think about it. 

Especially if he announces his commitment by the end of the summer if not earlier.

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Put my CB in for Jake Smith. Landing Liebrock helps in this one and Texas was already on good footing prior to that. He has two more trips to Austin on the docket this year for his official and the USC game this fall. 

The last bit is interesting if you think about it. 

Yeah, it is. Will he be a commit going into that game? I think so.

I was once told that Green was ours.  so much so that he silently committed (yeah, I know) - to the point that he actually requested and was granted a certain dorm room.  Today I hear not so much.  What do you actually hear?

17 minutes ago, doc longhorn said:

I was once told that Green was ours.  so much so that he silently committed (yeah, I know) - to the point that he actually requested and was granted a certain dorm room.  Today I hear not so much.  What do you actually hear?

Mountains and valleys. They're young and get caught up in the moments. I suspect thats what happened when he visited.

An OV is an entirely different experience. So it will be interesting to see what he thinks once he's done that at UT.

I think he's already used his at aggy.