Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Daniel Seahorn

Daniel's Crystal Ball Picks

12 hours ago, prosfromdover said:

I think this year is a fluke, especially if Coburn turns. I mean our coach landed Ed freaking Oliver a few years ago and the kid absolutely destroyed. We'll bag a few bad very dudes next year.

Giles played a small role in landing Oliver. As someone at UH once told me, “the entire universe aligned” in that recruitment. 

14 hours ago, Slimer said:

Rod Wright was recently hired as DL coach at ECU.  I wonder if he's an option some point down the line.

Big Rod has been making his way up the coaching ranks since his playing days wrapped up. I’ve been keeping an eye on him and Frank Okam who was recently at Rice. 

9 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

If Giles can't do it, he should be gone. Don't keep him and give him a crutch. Damn. UT has the money to buy someone that can.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Giles is a damn good coach and has a lot of respect from coaches in this state, he develops good football players. Not every coach needs to be a great recruiter, you need to have some good developers too. Brick Haley was a good recruiter, but how did you like the way his DL played?

3 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Giles is a damn good coach and has a lot of respect from coaches in this state, he develops good football players. Not every coach needs to be a great recruiter, you need to have some good developers too. Brick Haley was a good recruiter, but how did you like the way his DL played?

I usually agree with you, but not this time. In any business you hire the one that "can do". Two hires to do a one staffer job is a waste.

48 minutes ago, DBOOK23 said:

Nice to see you back DBOOK23. Hope you had a good football season. Do you still have a friend in the coaching staff?  

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

Nice to see you back DBOOK23. Hope you had a good football season. Do you still have a friend in the coaching staff?  

Thanks! I played well this year and I ended up making the all conference team. My buddy is no longer on the staff but he is still connected with the staff, so I’m somewhat plugged in haha. Man thanks for asking about me I really appreciate that!

2 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

Not saying Giles needs to be an ace, but he needs to be producing at a higher rate on the trail than what he is right now. He has the skins on the wall and track record to sell recruits and he still isn’t landing guys. 

1 hour ago, DBOOK23 said:

Thanks! I played well this year and I ended up making the all conference team. My buddy is no longer on the staff but he is still connected with the staff, so I’m somewhat plugged in haha. Man thanks for asking about me I really appreciate that!

DBOOK, where do you play?  Congrats on what sounds like a good season.

3 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

DBOOK, where do you play?  Congrats on what sounds like a good season.

If I remember right somewhere in okie state

Edit: I was wrong, its Arkansas

Totally get that bro but I'm a college athlete myself lol, I have much better things to do than to troll my fellow fans, I found this site a month ago and fell in love because with me going to school in Arkansas there ain't too many people I can talk Texas football with . Not saying I'll never be wrong but my guy is a GA there so all the info I get is legit coming straight from him, I don't get paid to report on this stuff so what's my incentive to lie?

2 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

The Warriors. Home of Dayton Winn, the Pea Ridge flash. 

HahahahHa he was the best player I’ve ever played with (and I played with Charleston Rambo), the dude had the heart of a lion, I really love playing D3 ball, a bunch of guys playing for the love of the game, not caring about ourselves etc etc....

16 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Not saying Giles needs to be an ace, but he needs to be producing at a higher rate on the trail than what he is right now. He has the skins on the wall and track record to sell recruits and he still isn’t landing guys. 

How far back are you going with this analysis? 

8 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

HahahahHa he was the best player I’ve ever played with (and I played with Charleston Rambo), the dude had the heart of a lion, I really love playing D3 ball, a bunch of guys playing for the love of the game, not caring about ourselves etc etc....

Dont sell D3 short.....Texas A&I in NAIA place many players in the NFL and some very famous ones in the NFL HoF.

22 hours ago, DBOOK23 said:

I'm a sports editor in NW Arkansas and covered all 3 Winn boys at Pea Ridge. The little brother who is a senior this year is a stud. Rushed for 2,300 this year and 33 TDs. Probably going to Pitt State. Has a walk-on offer from Arkansas. Great family. 

On 12/27/2017 at 9:36 PM, NWAHorn said:

I'm a sports editor in NW Arkansas and covered all 3 Winn boys at Pea Ridge. The little brother who is a senior this year is a stud. Rushed for 2,300 this year and 33 TDs. Probably going to Pitt State. Has a walk-on offer from Arkansas. Great family. 

Do you know Chip Souza?