Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

****Texas Baseball v W. Virginia Official Weekend Series Thread****

Lace up those spikes, put on your game faces and pop that mitt Seamheads, because it's Friday!

The final weekend series of the regular season begins today as the Longhorns take on the Mountaineers in a 3-game set at UFCU Disch Falk Field.

As I mentioned Tuesday, I am not going to be around much this weekend, so hopefully Will, Harrison and/or Aaron can pick up the slack. Feel free to chime in on the game thread.

Let's see if we can end the regular season on a high note. A series win would be very good for the Horns and their post-season seeding.

Quick matchup notes:

TEXAS (32-19, 9-11) vs. WEST VIRGINIA (31-20, 11-10)

May 19-21, 2017

Where: Austin, Texas (UFCU Disch-Falk Field)

Time: Friday at 6:30 p.m. CT, Saturday at 4 p.m. CT, Sunday at 1 p.m. CT

TV: Longhorn Network

Radio: 104.9 FM The Horn/1260 AM—Craig Way (Play-by-Play), Roger Wallace (Analyst)

Live stats: Sidearmstats.com/Texas/Baseball

All-time series: West Virginia leads, 8-4

PROBABLE STARTING PITCHERS

FRIDAY—WVU RHP BJ Myers (4-2, 3.90) vs. RHP Nolan Kingham (7-4, 2.90)

SATURDAY—WVU RHP Alek Manoah (1-1, 2.70) vs. RHP Morgan Cooper (6-2, 2.27)

SUNDAY—WVU TBD vs. UT RHP Kyle Johnston (2-1, 3.24)

I'm coming to Austin this weekend for a wedding.  Will be in tomorrow and leaving Sunday.  Are tickets readily available for the game Sunday?  And if so, how would I go about purchasing a couple?  Thanks guys!  HOOK EM!

I'm coming to Austin this weekend for a wedding.  Will be in tomorrow and leaving Sunday.  Are tickets readily available for the game Sunday?  And if so, how would I go about purchasing a couple?  Thanks guys!  HOOK EM!

Just go online and you can have a ticket in your phone or you simply just walk up to the ticket booth and buy one. I would suggest buying the cheapest ticket available. There will be plenty of seats to move around.

Need to take 2 of 3

That would certainly help.

I will say, this year's team is light years better than last. Still a work in progress for Pierce but I like what I've seen for the most part, especially considering he has none of his recruits here.

Just go online and you can have a ticket in your phone or you simply just walk up to the ticket booth and buy one. I would suggest buying the cheapest ticket available. There will be plenty of seats to move around.

Awesome!  Thank you!!!