• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lukus Alderman

Lukus Alderman

• Members
  • 2,428 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

Today I was listening to Mark Packer with College Sports Radio on seriusxm radio. He asked callers to call in and give their "Dream Matchup" for the upcoming season.

A bunch of guys called in talking Clemson v USC, Bama v whoever, etc.

I called in and told him that, with as much as I love having eternal scoreboard on aggy, I think it would be a blast, if only for game day environment, that Texas plays aggy on a neutral field and the stadium split in half, like the UT our game.

I said it'd be awesome to be in a smaller stadium, like Baylor's small field, where you would have the fake army and milkmen on one side and The Pride of the Southwest band and Bevo on the other.

Maybe the game wouldn't be great, but being in a stadium half filled with ags and the other half with Texas faithful would be pretty awesome, especially in a smaller venue with closer quarters.

What do you think about that? Is there any way in any means that you would want to take the field against those guys?

What would your dream Matchup be if we could play anyone not on our schedule next season?

#2 J.B. TexasEx

J.B. TexasEx

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,134 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Sorry, Lukus, but I'd rather play a number of SEC teams before aggy.

LSU (coming soon! :) ), UF, UGa, Bama, Aubarn, Ole Miss, and - hell - even Arky. They bailed on us and the Big 12 while giving us the finger. F 'em.

My "dream match-up" is a game with Florida State. It'd be fun

• Lukus Alderman and Bear19 like this

@JBTexasEx

"One simply cannot get enough Jenga in his life" - @TomTheHerman

#3 Sirhornsalot

Sirhornsalot

**The Official Horn Sports Landscaper and Landscape Designer**

• Sponsors
  • 8,533 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

2 Corinthians 6:14

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?"

• J.B. TexasEx and Bear19 like this

#4 TB14

TB14

Veteran

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:15 PM

Would be awesome. How fun would a non conference schedule of Aggy, OSU and Alabama be?

Of course assuming we win and escape injury free! :)

#5 dillohorn

dillohorn

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Longhorns

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Today I was listening to Mark Packer with College Sports Radio on seriusxm radio. He asked callers to call in and give their "Dream Matchup" for the upcoming season.

A bunch of guys called in talking Clemson v USC, Bama v whoever, etc.

I called in and told him that, with as much as I love having eternal scoreboard on aggy, I think it would be a blast, if only for game day environment, that Texas plays aggy on a neutral field and the stadium split in half, like the UT our game.

I said it'd be awesome to be in a smaller stadium, like Baylor's small field, where you would have the fake army and milkmen on one side and The Pride of the Southwest band and Bevo on the other.

Maybe the game wouldn't be great, but being in a stadium half filled with ags and the other half with Texas faithful would be pretty awesome, especially in a smaller venue with closer quarters.

What do you think about that? Is there any way in any means that you would want to take the field against those guys?

What would your dream Matchup be if we could play anyone not on our schedule next season?

HELL NO! 

• Bear19 and OrangeLarry like this

#6 dillohorn

dillohorn

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Longhorns

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

Would be awesome. How fun would a non conference schedule of Aggy, OSU and Alabama be?

Of course assuming we win and escape injury free! :)

NEVER AGGY!

• Bear19 and OrangeLarry like this

#7 Lukus Alderman

Lukus Alderman

• Members
  • 2,428 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

So, you're telling me there's a chance..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users