Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
North Texas Golfer

Herman With Some Interesting Comments This Morning

I didn't hear myself but this is what a poster on another site posted.

On 790 radio this morning in Houston and the host was talking up Texas NFL talent. Herman cut him off and said he is greatly exaggerating. "1 or 2 guys with that kind of talent." said he was surprised how little depth there was after hearing we had two top 10 classes.

The host also brought up Malik's NFL prospects. liked the move to OLB. Herman said Malik has shown great effort, but is way behind. he said Malik missed years of leg development, and when Tom got there Malik was benching more than he squatted

Speaks volumes about the previous coaching staff but then again Strong's <.500 overall record after 3 years is the obvious indication.

All those top 10 classes and we are still talking talent level and underdevelopment.  Geez.

As much as I would like to think that we are close to an 8 or 9 game win season the reality is that we are still a few years away, If Malik is this far behind then I have no doubt most of the others are too! 

I didn't hear myself but this is what a poster on another site posted.

On 790 radio this morning in Houston and the host was talking up Texas NFL talent. Herman cut him off and said he is greatly exaggerating. "1 or 2 guys with that kind of talent." said he was surprised how little depth there was after hearing we had two top 10 classes.

The host also brought up Malik's NFL prospects. liked the move to OLB. Herman said Malik has shown great effort, but is way behind. he said Malik missed years of leg development, and when Tom got there Malik was benching more than he squatted

Yikes. Thanks for sharing, NTG!

I will be pleasantly surprised if Malik is a first round pick after this coming season. Or even a third rounder.

I believe Malik has the "goods" to be a first rounder.

He needs to put together a special kind of season to get there.