Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

****Texas vs Texas Tech Official Sunday Game Thread 3/19****

T7 cont

Bases loaded, 1 out

Ridgeway on the hill for the Horns

Beck hits into a 6-4-3 DP; Hamilton with an amazing backhand and flip to Boswell for the turn

2 LOB

Horns trail 7-5 headed B7

EVERYBODY STRETCH!

T8

McMillon Sends the 0-1 pitch that was down over LCF fence

Tech up 8-5

Long 6-3

Jung 6-3

Gardner Singles into RF

Hargrove Walks

Berglund L4

2 LOB

Horns trail 8-5 headed B8

T9

Garcia 6-3, nice play by Hamilton deep in the hole

Davis 1-4-3 ricochet play

Beck HBP on a 1-2 offering

McMillon F7

1 LOB

Last opportunity for Texas, trailing 8-5 in B9

This is not looking good. A few games ago I thought this team was going places. Thanks for the play comments. 

You're welcome.  I'll say that fans should show some patience.  Nobody realistically expected Pierce to come in here and flip the switch.  He is playing with a team that is made up almost solely from the previous regime.  It is going to take some time to get his players in place.  Enjoy the victories.  Cuss the losses.  Critique as you must.  Just understand that this is a rebuild and has been since day 1.  Pierce has already put some of his philosophies in place.  It will take some time to get the machine running the way he wants it to. 

Texas Tech is very good, so not without hope for this season following the results of this past weekend.  Offensively, this club certainly has difficulty with LHP, especially when Gurwitz isn't in the lineup.  I think Kennedy is deserving of a weekend start and like the idea of having a lefty mixed in with Kingham and Cooper.  Give the Red Raiders credit, but feel UT should have at minimum taken one game from the series.

These days it is not an easy lot in life to be a Longhorn Sports fan. 

I'm ready for the soothing tones of people declaring that this team is young and dominance is ahead.   

Give the Red Raiders credit, but feel UT should have at minimum taken one game from the series.

Even Capt Obvious knows this. Call me a bad fan but after witnessing Saturday's lack of Pee-Wee coaching abilities, I didn't watch or listen to Sunday's game. Instead, I spent the day doing some day adventures (i.e. travel out of Austin) with the wife. It was a great, fun day.

1 hit Friday night one hit Saturday. Somebody has to nut up and get the big hit... that's how close you were from taking 2 out of 3... somebody has to nut up!

Yep. Just because it says TEXAS across the jersey doesn't mean that you can sit there like a cigar store Indian in crunch time. The players need to shoulder the burden of this and find their will to win.