#61 tejasrulz

tejasrulz

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Longhorns

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

This one is square on the coaches. Go back and watch the tape, the 1st baseman was playing way behind the bag.

You have a weakness on the Dline, you run at it. A weak DB, you throw at him. A weak defender or mismatch in basketball, you feed your player being guarded by him. What do we do after the pitcher lobs one into RF and their corners are playing back? Watch @*&$%$# pitches!

• Bear19 likes this

#62 joeywa

joeywa

Unofficial HS BBQ Consultant & Baseball Pundit

• 12,900 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

This one is square on the coaches. Go back and watch the tape, the 1st baseman was playing way behind the bag.

You have a weakness on the Dline, you run at it. A weak DB, you throw at him. A weak defender or mismatch in basketball, you feed your player being guarded by him. What do we do after the pitcher lobs one into RF and their corners are playing back? Watch @*&$%$# pitches!

I realize that folks are fired up right now, and that's completely acceptable.  The thing I will point out is that the LHP Patterson was really confusing hitters with his release point.  He started with his back to the plate, and hid his arm angle well.  Is that an excuse for not getting a knock on him?  No.  But it's not like it's a juggs machine in front of the mound firing in fastballs.  Hats off to Tech for doing what they had to in order to win.

No doubt our plate approach needs some work, 6 Hits in 18 innings isn't going to get it done.  In two games, we have 21 Ks and are 1/23 with base runners, 1/13 with RISP.  That absolutely HAS to improve.  The other areas of the game are giving us opportunities to win.  But you can't win if you can't push runs across. 

"This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool
ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions."

-Sign hanging in Study Butte General Store, Study Butte, TX

@joeywa_44

#63 tejasrulz

tejasrulz

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Longhorns

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:11 PM

We'll agree to disagree. I was wanting the bunt right away, it wasn't like I waited until after the batter struck out. The fact we weren't hitting even makes the bunt a better idea. So thanks for proving my case counselor. This loss is all on the coach(es).

Fired up? I was beyond fired up. Amazing what a couple of beers can do.

• Bear19 likes this

#64 Bear19

Bear19

Under Contract

• Members
  • 2,941 posts
  • Longhorns

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

At my age everything should be fun. And I ain't having no fun watching UT baseball.
We don't have the talent to play the kind of baseball I want. Nothing I can do about it. I don't blame Pierce yet because he's just getting started.
And yes he should've had the first or second batter in the seventh Bunting.

Call me a fair weather fan if you want. I have no problem with that.
  • Johnstark23 likes this

#65 tejasrulz

tejasrulz

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationAustin
  • Longhorns

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

And yes he should've had the first or second batter (after the runners were on 3rd & 2nd) in the seventh Bunting.

Fixed it for ya. After the 1st out, the corners moved up cause they were expecting the bunt.

#66 dillohorn

dillohorn

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Longhorns

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

One run.........

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game Thread, Texas Baseball, HookEm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users