Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
joeywa

****Texas Baseball vs UCLA Official Sweep Sunday Game Thread 3.12****

Couple of impressions I have. I do not have the statistics to back them up but it just seems to me that :

We are not swinging as often at balls out of the strike zone.

We are not taking as many halfway or "excuse me" swings.

We are not taking as many call strike threes.

Others?

Pierce on sweep: "Really felt good. Felt like we had a complete weekend."

Pierce on game: "I feel like we're trying to build resiliency."

Pierce on 5-0 week: "Have to get ready for this next big week."

Pierce on Connor Mayes leaving early: "A little hip problem."

Pierce on McCann vs Cantu: "McCann has been good at bat... Cantu is a defensive move... McCann is doing outstanding."

Pierce on McCann: "There isn't a kid on the team that works harder than him."

Pierce on Aggies: "Its just another midweek game." Laughs "It always fun... We're just going to have to control emotions... I expect them to respond right."

Pierce on Spring Break: "Its just another week for us. We don't change anything."

Pierce on emotions of Aggies game last year: "It's a new year all together... we want to go out and be mature and respect every opponent we have."

Kacy on sweep: "it's nice. We know the talent we have and really showed it."

Kacy on 5-0 week: "Big accomplishment no water who we play."

Kacy Clemens: "Its hard to not think of Tuesday. Got to get ready for Aggies."

Kacy on Aggies this year vs last year: "We are in a much better state mentally. I think this Friday is an excellent example of that."

Kacy on having Aggies on schedule: "It's a rivalry everyone wants to see. I grew up watching it. Its fun! Im glad I get to be a part of it."

Kacy on today: "We had 25 quality at bats and that why we had 10 runs."

McCann on Cantu: "Cantu and I have a great relationship. But there is no plan for use."

McCann in difference in pitching staff: "Different attitude. Attack attack attack."

Pierce on sweep: "Really felt good. Felt like we had a complete weekend."

Pierce on game: "I feel like we're trying to build resiliency."

Pierce on 5-0 week: "Have to get ready for this next big week."

Pierce on Connor Mayes leaving early: "A little hip problem."

Pierce on McCann vs Cantu: "McCann has been good at bat... Cantu is a defensive move... McCann is doing outstanding."

Pierce on McCann: "There isn't a kid on the team that works harder than him."

Pierce on Aggies: "Its just another midweek game." Laughs "It always fun... We're just going to have to control emotions... I expect them to respond right."

Pierce on Spring Break: "Its just another week for us. We don't change anything."

Pierce on emotions of Aggies game last year: "It's a new year all together... we want to go out and be mature and respect every opponent we have."

Kacy on sweep: "it's nice. We know the talent we have and really showed it."

Kacy on 5-0 week: "Big accomplishment no water who we play."

Kacy Clemens: "Its hard to not think of Tuesday. Got to get ready for Aggies."

Kacy on Aggies this year vs last year: "We are in a much better state mentally. I think this Friday is an excellent example of that."

Kacy on having Aggies on schedule: "It's a rivalry everyone wants to see. I grew up watching it. Its fun! Im glad I get to be a part of it."

Kacy on today: "We had 25 quality at bats and that why we had 10 runs."

McCann on Cantu: "Cantu and I have a great relationship. But there is no plan for use."

McCann in difference in pitching staff: "Different attitude. Attack attack attack."

GREAT stuff Will. And THIS is why you endure 4 hrs+ of baseball. ;)

I am hard to please but right now as a team we look better than we have in a couple of years. Not Omaha ready, but definitely better.

That's high praise, (or possibly beer-induced praise,) but I'll take it, either way. :D

That's high praise, (or possibly beer-induced praise,) but I'll take it, either way. :D

Dos XX praise is good praise. I really believe that he isnt going to bed at 2 with a 10 and waking up with at 10 with a 2 with this ballclub. For the first time in 3 seasons I really believe this team has a set between their collective legs. This is going to be a gauntlet of a conference, it all starts with Tech on Friday. Oh by the way, that game Tuesday will be electric.