Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Sirhornsalot

Texas Hoops

With one game remaining, Texas is tied for DEAD LAST in the Big 12 with OU. Of course, we have one more loss on our record than they have overall.

We get Baylor in two days. I'm not confident we'll upset the Bears.

Meanwhile, OU will have a legitimate shot at beating TCU on the same day, thus, giving us sole possession of last place.

I hope we don't have to see this again.

giphy.gif

I have to say that I am shocked at this season.  I expected a slight drop off from last year, but 20+ losses? 

I was so geeked after  we hired Shaka that I really don't even know how to react to this?  I hope we don't have to see this again as well. 

I'm discuraged because there was very little improvement over the course of the season. Too many players making the same boneheaded plays. Last year the team got better as the season progressed. I hope this is a blip on the Shaka radar. Time will tell.

With one game remaining, Texas is tied for DEAD LAST in the Big 12 with OU. Of course, we have one more loss on our record than they have overall.

We get Baylor in two days. I'm not confident we'll upset the Bears.

giphy.gif

yeah and I'm not confident Kate Upton will start returning my calls either.

Whether Smart is the long term solution here is uncertain. What IS certain is he's taken a perennial NCAA team to within a loss today and the inevitable one in the conference tourney to 22 losses. That'll tie Kaiser Bob's futility record.

That's not a name you want to be associated with.

yeah and I'm not confident Kate Upton will start returning my calls either.

Whether Smart is the long term solution here is uncertain. What IS certain is he's taken a perennial NCAA team to within a loss today and the inevitable one in the conference tourney to 22 losses. That'll tie Kaiser Bob's futility record.

That's not a name you want to be associated with.

As a point of merciful fact, at least I think, I don't think last place team goes to the conference tourney. Or do they? I thought it was only the top 6 or 8?