Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Friday Chat is back

Good morning, everyone! My apologies for the past few weeks not consisting of our Friday Chat. However, we are back!

As of now, this is the list we have for Texas Junior Days. Yesterday, a couple guys could not confirm if they were attending, so we will update that asap.

I want to take some time to give a special shoutout to Mike Roach. Mike is one of the best in the business, and is a huge reason that I reached out to HornSports in the first place. Mike has taught me so much about the integrity and honesty that should come with sports journalism, and for that I am thankful. Wherever Mike goes, I know he is going to kill it. Best of luck, Mike!

It appears that some of the Texas players are learning that Tom Herman actually goes through with what he says. It's been reported by multiple outlets that there could be up to 10 players "considering" leaving the program. We do not know who these players are, but can only imagine the majority of them are ones that do not contribute much. Tom Herman is definitely pushing these kids to the limit mentally.

The Texas Orange/White game is set for April 15th at 1:00 p.m. I will be there covering the action.

Lastly, Texas baseball is back against Rice this evening at 5:30 p.m. I'm excited to see what David Pierce's squad can do. I've been craving some baseball!

Any recruiting or team questions? Fire away! I'll be here all day answering some questions, and I'm sure some others like Daniel will drop by as well.

https://twitter.com/CoachTomHerman/status/832369710704500736

1) Who do you think the first 2018 is to pull the trigger?

2) Who is your favorite instate 2018?

3) Who is your favorite OOS 2018?

1. BJ Foster

2. Anthony Cook or Spencer Sanders. Love Sander tape.

3. I really like T.J Pledger and Terrace Marshall

1. BJ Foster

2. Anthony Cook or Spencer Sanders. Love Sander tape.

3. I really like T.J Pledger and Terrace Marshall

Thanks

I'm a big fan of Sanders also. As a sophomore he was their best player and went both ways as a QB/SS. It'll be interesting to see how Sanders responds his Senior year from an ACL tear late in the playoffs

Should Texas pursue 2 running backs in this class? I like Ingram, however Jaelen Gill is also pretty damn good. Also really like TJ, but it looks like he's an OU lean (at least according to 247).

Should Texas pursue 2 running backs in this class? I like Ingram, however Jaelen Gill is also pretty damn good. Also really like TJ, but it looks like he's an OU lean (at least according to 247).

I'd go all in on Ingram in-state and I would try to add an OOS stud like Gill. Take two for sure.

Who do you think the staff targets at OT?

Any JuCo prospects/positions that the staff is looking at?

I'd guess JuCo might be an option for DT, LB, and maybe OT.

They offered Rafiti Ghirmai out of Frisco Wakeland already and sent some offers out to elite OOS prospects. I'm high on Ghirmai personally.

1) Who do you think the first 2018 is to pull the trigger?

2) Who is your favorite instate 2018?

3) Who is your favorite OOS 2018?

Either D'Shawn Jamison, Trey Stratford, or BJ Foster. It's a toss up.

BJ Foster or Brennan Eagles.

I'll go with CJ Moore.

Yes it should. The question is... who the hell do you go after? Keaontay Ingram is a no brainer, but there is no one else in state I'd really offer now. I think what you do is slow play it and wait for some one to have a great season.

Who do you think the staff targets at OT? 

Any JuCo prospects/positions that the staff is looking at? 

I'd guess JuCo might be an option for DT, LB, and maybe OT. 

Rafiti Ghirmai as Daniel said. He's is so severely underrated it's insane. Just watch his film on Hudl.

JUCOs usually become clearer when you see that a staff has a real need at a position. I don't think they go into the JUCO ranks this year if it isn't trying to get a DT later in the year.

Yes it should. The question is... who the hell do you go after? Keaontay Ingram is a no brainer, but there is no one else in state I'd really offer now. I think what you do is slow play it and wait for some one to have a great season.

Yeah, I suppose that's a good strategy. I notice Stanley Hackett doesn't have a Texas offer, would be worth looking at?