Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

1 hour ago, HORNfromETX said:

Deadline to decide is January 14th, so we should know something soon

Draft projection article on Bleacher Report called Jones the “biggest faller” of draft eligible safeties.  I think he is great, recent injuries might have dropped him on the draft board?  Either way I really hope he returns for his senior season.

Advertise on HornSports
38 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Shep needs to bounce if he hasn't already behind the scenes, or does he simply need the attention to  survive HS.  He's another Jordan Elliott... 

I pretty much don't care about this one anymore.  Only downside to flipping to aggy is they'll say Jimbo owns Herman, takes who he wants, Jimbo taking over the state going forward, blah-blah-blah.  

It was refreshing that the rest of this class was drama free and look like guys ready to come in and go to work.

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Sounds like Glass is not visiting and the coaches have move on... 

Yep. Texas can probably make a push for if they could with the Newton kid. Barlow or maybe a Grad Transfer or juco route rb..

If we aren't getting someone at least in the same ball park as Brown and Young (as far as ability to contribute next year goes), I'm totally cool with Ingram, Young, Brown, Johnson (I believe!), with help from Wittington in a pinch and possibly Porter still. Why sign a body when Wittington can be the body and we save the ship? Grad Transfer another deal.

23 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

If we aren't getting someone at least in the same ball park as Brown and Young (as far as ability to contribute next year goes), I'm totally cool with Ingram, Young, Brown, Johnson (I believe!), with help from Wittington in a pinch and possibly Porter still. Why sign a body when Wittington can be the body and we save the ship? Grad Transfer another deal.

How many schollies available? For this year?..cuz what I do know is they are looking at options for OL and DL and really go hard for Henry

TFB saying Shepherd to visit aggy this weekend. Will follow that up with visits to Bama and Gawga. Texas wants him to come in before signing day for a visit. Nothing planned yet although FWK recently said he was bring Shep in for a visit on the 19th or some such.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB saying Shepherd to visit aggy this weekend. Will follow that up with visits to Bama and Gawga. Texas wants him to come in before signing day for a visit. Nothing planned yet although FWK recently said he was bring Shep in for a visit on the 19th or some such.

Definitely a recruitment where you want the final visit. Texas has been wise to hold on to their OV. 

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Less than a month to go with this soap opera.

Then, "if" he does sign with Texas next month we get to wait and see another 4 months if he'll arrive on campus in June.

So do we expect to sign anyone on NSD2?  I suppose Shep might stick, and sounds like we're pursuing Lakia Henry.  I know we want a back but there doesn't seem to be any smoke there.  Are we down to just hoping for grad transfers to fill remaining holes at this point?

12 minutes ago, bevotee said:

So do we expect to sign anyone on NSD2?  I suppose Shep might stick, and sounds like we're pursuing Lakia Henry.  I know we want a back but there doesn't seem to be any smoke there.  Are we down to just hoping for grad transfers to fill remaining holes at this point?

We’re going to be releasing an article with remaining targets soon. 

11 hours ago, bevotee said:

Things will pick up once the dead period is over, which is soon. We're still pursuing OL, DL, LB and RB.

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

I heard that Lakota Henry doesn’t have the right math course to be admitted into a SEC school. Has anyone else heard that?

Would be great if we get him. he is damn good. Allows us to shirt either or both Gbenda and Tillman 

I heard that Lakota Henry doesn’t have the right math course to be admitted into a SEC school. Has anyone else heard that?

Lakia Henry? That'd be interesting if true, especially since SEC isn't exactly known for rigorous academic standards (with a few exceptions).

So are we are to assume Texas doesn’t require this sec required math class?  That is scary just thinking about it...