Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Advertise on HornSports
20 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I am not understanding for the life of me the strategy of the Hoofkin recruitment. I don't get it

It is actually pretty simple. Hand told him he needs a RS year and needs to add strength etc. Baylor told him he could play from day one. He believes that. People around him are also giving him bad advice..

25 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I am not understanding for the life of me the strategy of the Hoofkin recruitment. I don't get it

Baylor may or may not be pitching early PT when he is a guy who needs to sit and incubate. You can take one look at his current frame and immediately know he needs time in the weight room before he will be ready. 

Just now, DBOOK23 said:

Just a gut feeling? Things on Cain have been trending Penn State

Playing closer to home is become a factor... I would say its 50-50 right now.. Going to interesting.. I have zero faith in Sanders at this point. I am sure those two are talking. 

8 minutes ago, Sundancekid said:

Yes. Keontay Ingram and Derrian Brown are both stud recruits that Drayton should get credit for. This was a good season but I wouldn’t say “we are back” yet. This class is the second straight top ten class we’ve had. Beat Georgia and keep recruiting like hell.

Derrian Brown is the 17th rated RB according to 24/7 and I don't see that as a stud recruit. Carter and Porter were 10th and 11th the years they were recruited. Brown may turn out to be a great back, but his rating doesn't rate as being a stud recruit.

25 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

It is actually pretty simple. Hand told him he needs a RS year and needs to add strength etc. Baylor told him he could play from day one. He believes that. People around him are also giving him bad advice..

Ahhh that's where I couldn't pinpoint the confusion. Ok. I knew I didn't drink too many beers

21 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Baylor may or may not be pitching early PT when he is a guy who needs to sit and incubate. You can take one look at his current frame and immediately know he needs time in the weight room before he will be ready. 

I got the chance to see his highlight reel. He does need to add more frame to his body size as well as his weight. He will get eaten alive if he doesn't do.those two things

36 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Derrian Brown is the 17th rated RB according to 24/7 and I don't see that as a stud recruit. Carter and Porter were 10th and 11th the years they were recruited. Brown may turn out to be a great back, but his rating doesn't rate as being a stud recruit.

Porter didn’t live up to the ranking, hopefully Brown can exceed his on the 40 acres.

2 hours ago, primal defense said:

For the 2014 recruiting class, D’Onta Foreman was the 12th ranked RB  in the state of Texas and we all know how that turned out....

On Brown . . . He's an upper tier back. His 17th rating is a reflection on the amount of RB talent in the country. 

He's not a back who can shoulder the whole load, IMO. However, he is very efficient with the carries that he gets. He would typically get 140 yards on 12 carries, which is a winner any time you can get that kind of production.

I think he'll pair well with Ingram. Brown is every bit the home run threat Ingram is, just a tad smaller.