Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

Advertise on HornSports

Bru has to be intrigued by how active and important our large receivers have become in this year’s offense... Higgins as well. I think coaches are optimistic one of them will fall our way. I think Cain may fall our way with Ingram being the only running back coming back who is an actual offensive threat.Big playing time is available immediately and the offensive line is only getting better, though they did allow a few sacks last night.

Smith, Houston and Whittington are going to bring some serious speed to our receiving core. I can also see Roschon Johnson or Charles Thompson playing some wildcat next year to keep Ehlinger healthy. 

I'm going with Hookfin. From reading TFB, it sounds like Bru is leaning toward USC, and the recent crystal ball picks reflect that. I can't imagine the situation going from "lean USC" to "silent commit for Texas" just because of one loss.

15 minutes ago, utb040713 said:

I'm going with Hookfin. From reading TFB, it sounds like Bru is leaning toward USC, and the recent crystal ball picks reflect that. I can't imagine the situation going from "lean USC" to "silent commit for Texas" just because of one loss.

This is opposite of everything I have heard on this board regarding Bru.  I’m going with the expert knowledge and insight of SHAs positive mojo on this one:D

1 minute ago, MikeV73 said:

This is opposite of everything I have heard on this board regarding Bru.  I’m going with the expert knowledge and insight of SHAs positive mojo on this one:D

Yeah it's weird, I had felt pretty good about us getting McCoy, but TFB's new Bru McCoy update is pretty pessimistic. I have to think a lot of their information was obtained before USC got beat by Cal last night.

1 minute ago, utb040713 said:

Yeah it's weird, I had felt pretty good about us getting McCoy, but TFB's new Bru McCoy update is pretty pessimistic. I have to think a lot of their information was obtained before USC got beat by Cal last night.

Agree.  I don’t doubt you read the info on the other site, just holding my hands to my ears and not wanting to hear it!  Who knows other than Bru, hope it goes to the good guys on the end!

I'm gonna sound like Daniel here, but keep on winning and things will work out. Take care of Iowa State, keep feeding the ball to LJH and Collin, keep touting you're Sophomore QBs tremendous growth and you have a great sales pitch.  Pretty much all they can do at this point.  He does have a lot of connections at USC so Texas was already against some big odds.

I had to edit this because despite the previous 2 weeks, this team is moving upward on the bar chart.  Sure the defense has gone backwards, but the Offense is so much better than last year.  The D will get better because they do have young talent that will be seasoned and ready next year.  Recruits can see that.

53 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

Ok, this one is interesting.  Floyd has been working on Bru hasnt he?  Has Floyd been working on Hoofkin or Higgins?  

Based on the back off of Lewis I'm gonna guess it's a WR, so either Bru or Higgins.  One step more, TFB says Bru is leaning USC.  I'm going with Higgins.

5 hours ago, utb040713 said:

You can ignore those picks, they come from USC guys who think everybody in Cali goes to USC if USC wants them.

Bru isn't leaning to USC. USC has been the long-time dream school with some advantages that McCoy takes very seriously. But the shit show USC continues to put on is a real turn off. You can't really point to anything and say "thats when it will get better."

I know TFB said if the pick were done today, it would be USC. I don't really buy that. That whole post was like Comey convicting Hillary, then saying there would be no charges filed. lol

To this point, we've been leading for McCoy. I'm not sure a USC loss to Cal did much to sway that to USC's direction. And with the chaos going on with the coaching hotseat, the disgruntled locker room, etc., These are reasons why I don't really see a USC lean here.

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You can ignore those picks, they come from USC guys who think everybody in Cali goes to USC if USC wants them.

Bru isn't leaning to USC. USC has been the long-time dream school with some advantages that McCoy takes very seriously. But the shit show USC continues to put on is a real turn off. You can't really point to anything and say "thats when it will get better."

I know TFB said if the pick were done today, it would be USC. I don't really buy that. That whole post was like Comey convicting Hillary, then saying there would be no charges filed. lol

To this point, we've been leading for McCoy. I'm not sure a USC loss to Cal did much to sway that to USC's direction. And with the chaos going on with the coaching hotseat, the disgruntled locker room, etc., These are reasons why I don't really see a USC lean here.

It has said if Bru was picking today it would be Texas..... I trust It here... 

6 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I will say this about Bru. He is a Cali kid. I mean this would be like Ehlinger picking USC over Texas. Bru grew up right by USC and he loves USC... That is a built in advantage... 

As much as I would love to have him, I can certainly appreciate him picking his favorite team.  I wish more kids that grew up Longhorn fans would do that as well if offered.  Ehlinger is the perfect example of that.  I was shocked when I saw blood on him during the Baylor game that it wasnt burnt orange.

13 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

I will say this about Bru. He is a Cali kid. I mean this would be like Ehlinger picking USC over Texas. Bru grew up right by USC and he loves USC... That is a built in advantage... 

With all due respect, I wouldn't compare it to Ehlinger's recruitment.  Sam was destined to be a Longhorn and never wavered.  He shut down it down early and became the face of his class.