Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

36 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

It seems like the 9.95ers have been wrong quite a bit this cycle. I understand that they are going off there feelings with unpredictable kids but damn. Soo much for batting .500

Actually they have been doing very well. Recruiting is very fluid but IMO they all do a good job. 

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Per Justin Wells Bragg to Stanford is going down soon. 

Ok, that one would really suck.  Getting Shepherd would help some, but I was hoping for a Johnson, Bragg, Shepherd core group for this year on the OL.

39 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

As recent as last night I was hearing that Texas felt really good about their chances with Bragg. Him picking Stanford out of the blue would be a gut shot for the staff. 

That is what IT was hearing as well. Apparently Bragg has formally applied for admission. Of course he is expected to be accepted.  I doubt he would go to the trouble of applying if he was not now heavy leaning that way.

13 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

That is what IT was hearing as well. Apparently Bragg has formally applied for admission. Of course he is expected to be accepted.  I doubt he would go to the trouble of applying if he was not now heavy leaning that way.

All Stanford recruits have to apply or go through an approval process. Some recruits have the grades to not worry about that process. While others are more iffy. 

So Bragg applying is something you'd expect, as well as any other recruit that is seriously considering Stanford in their top two or three.

16 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Or at minimum very interested. He’s a very smart kid and damn good ball player, so he will no doubt get accepted. 

Stanford is becoming a thorn in Texas’ side in OL recruiting. 

I’ve said it before, but it’s hard to begrudge an elite OL recruit for picking Stanford all things considered. If I had a kid I’d be encouraging them to give Stanford a hard look based on their development track record alone and that’s before you get into everything else they offer.

The thing with Bragg is that distance from home was said to be a factor that could help Texas and if this trend holds that was clearly way overblown. 

20 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’ve said it before, but it’s hard to begrudge an elite OL recruit for picking Stanford all things considered. If I had a kid I’d be encouraging them to give Stanford a hard look based on their development track record alone and that’s before you get into everything else they offer.

The thing with Bragg is that distance from home was said to be a factor that could help Texas and if this trend holds that was clearly way overblown. 

Well, there are a few issues with picking Stanford, but thats none of my business.

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-21711-1433185511-2.gif?d

1927l9.gif

Rise+of+the+Planet+of+the+Apes1.gif

17 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

But apparently his mom is pro Stanford. Normally you see that the moms want to keep their kids close to home. 

I really hopes he picks Texas, I said it like a year ago that I think he is/should be our #1 recruit and I still feel that way. Can't really blame him for picking Stanford though, I probably would do the same tbh

1 hour ago, Adferrum said:

But apparently his mom is pro Stanford. Normally you see that the moms want to keep their kids close to home. 

I really hopes he picks Texas, I said it like a year ago that I think he is/should be our #1 recruit and I still feel that way. Can't really blame him for picking Stanford though, I probably would do the same tbh

The Mom factor is the variable that apparently wasn’t as favorable for Texas as we thought. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Jeffrey Carter’s recruitment has been a bit of an odd one. Texas has recently started communicating with him again so they are still hanging around. 

I guess with all the recent DB commits Oregon got he changed his mind about going there. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

All Stanford recruits have to apply or go through an approval process. Some recruits have the grades to not worry about that process. While others are more iffy. 

So Bragg applying is something you'd expect, as well as any other recruit that is seriously considering Stanford in their top two or three.

Some in the know think he will commit to Stanford very soon.

Herman and staff have done an incredible job in recruiting but IMO they are starting to lose some battles due to our recent shit show on the field. It's time to win... 9-10 wins and they will get their pick of talent not only in the state but across the country.

Sadly Herman is paying for the Sins of Mack's last 4 years and of course the worst coach in the history of Texas football Charlie Strong.

2 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Some in the know think he will commit to Stanford very soon.

Nahlin was saying yesterday that Texas was trending up with Bragg and was lauding Hand for the relationship he had developed with Bragg.

I have not been able to find anything from the brainiacs that says one way or the other.

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Aggy may get 3 OL commits this weekend (all are mid 3*'s, nobody we are looking at).  

Perroni now saying they don't know if Shepherd will visit this weekend.

So what if they are 3 stars ?  That coach of theirs puts guys like that in the NFL.  Hell of a lot more than what we've been doing up until Connor Williams. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Nahlin was saying yesterday that Texas was trending up with Bragg and was lauding Hand for the relationship he had developed with Bragg.

I have not been able to find anything from the brainiacs that says one way or the other.

He and Justin did some checking this morning.. They pretty much said its Stanford and it could go down any day.

Bragg is a bad ass at Center and that would be a huge blow to OL. I hope he decides to hold of on committing until october/november/december. 

Jeffery Carter is, imo, head and shoulders the best CB in the state. I am not sure if/what off field issues there are or are not. He is damn talented. He is cousins with recent DL offer Tauren Carter. I assume they have some interest in playing together.