Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Why don't we wait until it happens, if it happens, before we pronounce doom and gloom?

Because this is a recruiting thread where we discuss current trends in recruiting and based on information today that is where they could be going..... But thanks 

Also of course there is a long way to go and I'm sure we will all discuss if the trend changes again..

6 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Because this is a recruiting thread where we discuss current trends in recruiting and based on information today that is where they could be going..... But thanks 

Also of course there is a long way to go and I'm sure we will all discuss if the trend changes again..

There is a distinct, unmistakeable difference in a trend and a done deal. You spoke in certain terms, and responded with "could" which indicates 1) Not certain, and 2) you've changed your position.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll discuss until the cows come home, but that really had nothing to do with what I was pointing out.

If I were Herman, I'd have huge recruiting weekends on two distinct weekends. I'd make sure that every recruit I'm battling aggy for is either visiting UT or at the aggy game.

1. aggy vs Clemson

2. aggy vs Bama

And I'd play their game in the locker room and everywhere else in the complex.

Aggy isn't going to be very good this year. Jumbo's "no visit" policy is going to be severely tested. Especially after the coming beat downs.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If I were Herman, I'd have huge recruiting weekends on two distinct weekends. I'd make sure that every recruit I'm battling aggy for is either visiting UT or at the aggy game.

1. aggy vs Clemson

2. aggy vs Bama

And I'd play their game in the locker room and everywhere else in the complex.

Aggy isn't going to be very good this year. Jumbo's "no visit" policy is going to be severely tested. Especially after the coming beat downs.

Beat downs and record generally do not affect recruits (See Texas the past 5 years) We have sucked and had our ass kicked several times) yet we have recruited well. Jimbo is selling the future and ou can sell winning. Herman and Texas need to win now...

OU had an outstanding weekend via the verbal commits from top flight recruits.  Texas, Texas A&M and OU should rule the lone star state for awhile, but UT better start producing wins on the field or momentum can stop.  Hoping for 9 wins this year and that should show recruits that things are headed in the right direction.

5 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Beat downs and record generally do not affect recruits (See Texas the past 5 years) We have sucked and had our ass kicked several times) yet we have recruited well. Jimbo is selling the future and ou can sell winning. Herman and Texas need to win now...

But they do at aggy. It is the one school that has decommit season even when they're winning.

But yeah, we need to show up this year big time.

Aggy mod said Leal will go public no later than mid week.  This one's gonna' hurt.  He was the #1 guy I wanted in this class.  I'll keep my fingers crossed til' NSD that he decommits and/or flips.  This and the Demani Richardson recruitment sure seem fishy.  Hard to believe these kids went on one visit ( Richardson ) and 1st OV ( Leal ) and commit on the spot and shut down their recruitment ( supposedly ).

58 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Aggy mod said Leal will go public no later than mid week.  This one's gonna' hurt.  He was the #1 guy I wanted in this class.  I'll keep my fingers crossed til' NSD that he decommits and/or flips.  This and the Demani Richardson recruitment sure seem fishy.  Hard to believe these kids went on one visit ( Richardson ) and 1st OV ( Leal ) and commit on the spot and shut down their recruitment ( supposedly ).

If he does, it won't last the summer.

We, for reasons not to be disclosed, eased up on Demani and are pursuing other options. We either saw the writing on the wall (which I'm not prepared to believe) or something was up that we didn't like.

Leal's deal with Jumbo is that he promised Leal a starting spot on the DL as a frosh. I suppose he could do that 22 times per season. lol

19 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If he does, it won't last the summer.

We, for reasons not to be disclosed, eased up on Demani and are pursuing other options. We either saw the writing on the wall (which I'm not prepared to believe) or something was up that we didn't like.

Leal's deal with Jumbo is that he promised Leal a starting spot on the DL as a frosh. I suppose he could do that 22 times per season. lol

If that's what it took to get Leal then Herman needs to say " DeMarvin, you see our starting DL of Omenihu, Hager, and Nelson??  All three are seniors and you can come in and take one of those spots."

Has he also promised Stripling a starting spot?

You think we still get an OV from him SHA?

1 hour ago, Slimer said:

If that's what it took to get Leal then Herman needs to say " DeMarvin, you see our starting DL of Omenihu, Hager, and Nelson??  All three are seniors and you can come in and take one of those spots."

Has he also promised Stripling a starting spot?

You think we still get an OV from him SHA?

Yes, I do think he'll visit. And I think he ends up a Horn.

I don't know about Stripling.

Remember when Anthony Cook seemed destined for Ohio State?

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes, I do think he'll visit. And I think he ends up a Horn.

I don't know about Stripling.

Remember when Anthony Cook seemed destined for Ohio State?

If he does visit then doesn't that go against the Jimbo rule of no visits if you're committed?  It will be interesting to see how that plays out.  Especially if ATM says it's ok for him, but not others.

30 minutes ago, texbound said:

If he does visit then doesn't that go against the Jimbo rule of no visits if you're committed?  It will be interesting to see how that plays out.  Especially if ATM says it's ok for him, but not others.

Well, imagine if you're a defensive line player for aggy right now. You already know your job will be given to someone else, no matter what happens or how hard you work.

Nothing like injecting a hope killer into your locker room. lol

Leal is a top player and a very short time ago had his heart stuck on Texas. I think this will resurface with him as the aggy stench gets washed out of his clothes this week.

1 minute ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Eric at IT thinks Texas will miss on Wilkins.  

I think Texas will keep recruiting him, but Riley is a formidable recruiter and they're impressing Wilkins.

I think we can stick with hoping for a Shepard/Johnson/Green/Bragg haul.

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think Texas will keep recruiting him, but Riley is a formidable recruiter and they're impressing Wilkins.

I think we can stick with hoping for a Shepard/Johnson/Green/Bragg haul.

That foursome is reportedly visiting this weekend. Doesn’t hurt to get them on campus together. 

Garrett Wilson from a FREE site on his visit to tOSU

“It was definitely a good visit but I’m going into both official visits with no clear leader,” Wilson said via text message on Sunday. “Once I take this Texas official visit, I’ll start to think about where I want to end up. I’d say Ohio State has an edge just because I just took my official visit and I haven’t taken one to Texas.”

figured Leal would be about the same but evidently not. Reading this makes me feel a little better