Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, dillohorn said:

Wonder if that's good or bad?

Neither. IMO, recruiting has passed the AAS by. Their coverage is bland, at best, and insures the market for the pay sites and fan sites like this. We know stuff before the AAS does.

32 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

He’s visited campus a couple of times now if I remember correctly and enjoyed his time in Austin. Need to continue building the relationship and see if you can stay in the hunt for an official. 

I wouldn't mind him being 1 of our 5 DL takes.  Of course, I could say that about several prospects.  I'm really hoping for Sweat, Leal, NaNa, the JUCO and then take your pick for the 5th take.  Hicks, Pearl, Ugwoegbu, some others.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Neither. IMO, recruiting has passed the AAS by. Their coverage is bland, at best, and insures the market for the pay sites and fan sites like this. We know stuff before the AAS does.

A lot has passed the AAS by, they pretty much bite the big one. I will never forgive Bohls (or them) for screwing VY over, never.

tumblr_inline_nom5091NNB1r0utx7_500.gif

SHA, sorry if I missed it, but has the commit you noted we'd be pretty happy with a week or two ago, announced?  I didn't get the impression that it was Whittington or Anderson, but if so, can you verify?

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

SHA, sorry if I missed it, but has the commit you noted we'd be pretty happy with a week or two ago, announced?  I didn't get the impression that it was Whittington or Anderson, but if so, can you verify?

There were two. Whittington was one. The other is still there. I thought he'd come out and announce after Whit and Anderson did their thing. Nothing's changed. Just waiting.

16 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

There were two. Whittington was one. The other is still there. I thought he'd come out and announce after Whit and Anderson did their thing. Nothing's changed. Just waiting.

Gracias.  Seems like Kenyatta is trending strongly our way, but I'd take an OL, LB,  or DL in a heartbeat as well.  

23 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I DEFINTELY know who you talking about. I believe he's just taking his time and moment with this 

33 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

I DEFINTELY know who you talking about. I believe he's just taking his time and moment with this 

Not the player I was talking about. But I would not be surprised if we picked him up (who you're thinking about) before summer is over.

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Not the player I was talking about. But I would not be surprised if we picked him up (who you're thinking about) before summer is over.

You knew who I was thinking of too lol did ya? Lol

What do you guys really think of T Sweat junior video? 6-3 250, looks bigger than that but I am not that impressed. He is young for his age like Moro Ojomo and will/should really redshirt. I don't think he is quick enough even at SDE/DT. I think he should/will grow into a Nose, that's where I like him best in 2+ years. I think should be able to anchor well. 

Don't want to say its a bad commitment but I only like him at Nose. 

Positives:size, ability to anchor, ability to add WR, young for age so maturity physically and mentally is all ahead of him

Negatives: doesn't appear to be athletic enough for a SDE, slow at snap. 

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

What do you guys really think of T Sweat junior video? 6-3 250, looks bigger than that but I am not that impressed. He is young for his age like Moro Ojomo and will/should really redshirt. I don't think he is quick enough even at SDE/DT. I think he should/will grow into a Nose, that's where I like him best in 2+ years. I think should be able to anchor well. 

Don't want to say its a bad commitment but I only like him at Nose. 

Positives:size, ability to anchor, ability to add WR, young for age so maturity physically and mentally is all ahead of him

Negatives: doesn't appear to be athletic enough for a SDE, slow at snap. 

I was a little "meh" about it at first but I'm coming around more to liking him.  He was 6'3 250 at last year's opening in Dallas and I think IT says he's about 6'4 260 right now ( I hope he goes back to see how he does ).  He was the defensive MVP in basketball for his district so he does have some athleticism to him.  The staff offered him early so they obviously saw something they like.  He's definitely a guy who'll RS and may be by his RS Soph year we see him in the rotation.  I think he can be a rotational guy and Giles has shown he can take guys like this and make them productive.  If we land Leal, NaNa, and the JUCO guy then Sweat is a solid 3rd-4th guy on the 5 man DL haul for this class.  I'll definately be interested to see his Sr. film.  Just my 2 cents worth.

1 hour ago, drgilbert said:

I’ll take a guess, our next commit will be Higgins. 

I won't say it won't be because anything can happen and landing Higgins would make me happy. But he's not who I've been told is on commit watch.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I won't say it won't be because anything can happen and landing Higgins would make me happy. But he's not who I've been told is on commit watch.

Yea this one if I remember right you said your kinda surprised by it and it’s not someone we’d expect. Kinda seems someone we would think was trending another way but evidently not? Maybe not but that what I remember lol

13 hours ago, 83Dee said:

What did I miss?  

I agree with regard to the AAS; low quality.  

Bohls voted for Bush for the Heisman and basically stated he did so because he didn't want to be considered a "homer". VY proved who was the best and even the LA writers admitted VY should have won it the next day (I still have the paper), However, if I remember correctly, Bohls wouldn't admit his mistake.