Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

That's all great and maybe at Stanford that could work but 7v7 is quickly Turing into AAU, maybe it isn't as bad YET. You will have to deal with them soon, don't necessarily mean $$ deal but those guys/"coaches"/trainers  spend enough time and influence players. 

Good stuff in the weekend OP from the Brainiacs.  Some key stuff:

Tyler Johnson will visit next weekend after missing Jr. Day.

They think if we can get Demani Richardson on campus well be in a good spot.  Says kid grew up a Texas fan.

Stacy Wilkins will for sure take an OV to Texas and that's the only one he knows as of now.

They still like Whittington to Texas.

On 2/21/2018 at 2:41 PM, Jameson McCausland said:

Texas is in good position to receive an official visit from Steele. He is close with Jason Washington.

Set up his 4th OV to Florida.  Committing on September 27th.  Fingers crossed we get his last OV.

Marcel Brooks named LSU and Bama as his final two, I believe.

From a poster on Geaux24/7 known as DD3 24, re Brooks.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Board/59425/Contents/Will-four-star-linebacker-Marcel-Brooks-sign-with-LSU-Tigers-or-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-115385904?Page=2

To paraphrase, Brooks looks like poison based on this info.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, Daniel Seahorn said:

Solid player, but I disagree. 

Thats what makes horse races. IMO.2 seconds of speed means a lot. Like 4.4 vs 4,6 rest can be taught.

57 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

Going to give a friendly reminder since we haven’t had this issue in a while. You cannot, under any circumstances, copy and paste material from a pay site. There are legal and moral reasons for this. Paraphrasing is fine. Just please do not quote something word for word. 

Am I allowed to tell everyone where they can go read the whole article for free;)

It actually has other "rather interesting" information in it. 

Synopsis of what was said on another site concerning recruiting. Read into it what you want.

Usually a lot of unknowns this early in the recruiting calendar but says this year there are more unknowns than normal and not necessarily in a good way.

Says recruiting has a weird feel to it so far. Not asserting anything shady is going on or anything orchestrated. But feels like Texas is swimming upstream for some players it should be in better position for.

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Synopsis of what was said on another site concerning recruiting. Read into it what you want.

Usually a lot of unknowns this early in the recruiting calendar but says this year there are more unknowns than normal and not necessarily in a good way.

Says recruiting has a weird feel to it so far. Not asserting anything shady is going on or anything orchestrated. But feels like Texas is swimming upstream for some players it should be in better position for.

Honestly, I am not surprised. Herman had the hype train last year to boost recruiting and didn’t put a very good product on this year. I think a lot of these kids are in wait and see mode now that Herman has his guys on board. We no longer have the luxury of hopes and dreams, we really need to put our money where our mouth is and show some wins on the field to make some headway this cycle.

12 minutes ago, rddonato said:

Honestly, I am not surprised. Herman had the hype train last year to boost recruiting and didn’t put a very good product on this year. I think a lot of these kids are in wait and see mode now that Herman has his guys on board. We no longer have the luxury of hopes and dreams, we really need to put our money where our mouth is and show some wins on the field to make some headway this cycle.

Your post only makes the entire thing even more bizarre.

It was Herman's first year. He goes 7-6. 

Meanwhile, aggy goes an identical 7-6.

But the kids are in wait and see mode for one program, and falling all over themselves for the other.

There is something wrong with this picture.

Yes, we need to win. But that won't happen for either team until next fall. 

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Your post only makes the entire thing even more bizarre.

It was Herman's first year. He goes 7-6. 

Meanwhile, aggy goes an identical 7-6.

But the kids are in wait and see mode for one program, and falling all over themselves for the other.

There is something wrong with this picture.

Yes, we need to win. But that won't happen for either team until next fall. 

Aggy has the newness in their favor just like Herman did last year. I’m just trying to put my head in that of a 17 year old and trying to not be biased. If I was one of these kids I would want to see some progress. Jimbo still has the selling his vision of what he’s going to do factor and is making a hard sell on what he’s done in the past just like what Herman did last year. Herman also had the whole undefeated against ranked opponents thing going before he coached a game at UT and didn’t beat a single ranked opponent this past season if I’m not mistaken. It’s a generation of what have you done for me lately. 

When aggy loses to Chad Morris and are sitting at 2-3 then lets see how things are.  Will the Station still be "lit" then?  I'm already calling my shot on beating USC.  But a win against USC can't be followed by a dud against TCU the following week.  Lucky for us TCU plays Urban's crew the week before to get roughed up a bit.  We are also going to beat OU.  We are still going to have a great class come next February.  Just remember we are in a great spot with guys like Bragg, Leal, Tyler Johnson, Banks, EJ Ndoma-Ogar, Whittington, Wilson, and Higgins.