Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Slimer said:

Hamm says Whittington to aggy would be his pick.  Perroni isn't very confident.  What's the deal with this one?

My pick is currently on Texas, but he isn’t going OOS in my opinion so A&M would only be surprising in the sense that most have had him pegged for Texas for awhile. 

If he commits early, you still have to recruit him like he isn’t committed IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I’d wait to see how things shake out with him once this semester concludes. It will be telling if guys who have considered transfers are still around come summer workouts. 

why is he so unsure about things, he is likely the starter at NG in 3 man DL and DT in 4 man DL. only thing I've read is he doenst want to play NG. but he likely won't play a ton of NG reps in 3 man DL if he doesn't want to. that versatility would be pretty good at next level.  

33 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

why is he so unsure about things, he is likely the starter at NG in 3 man DL and DT in 4 man DL. only thing I've read is he doenst want to play NG. but he likely won't play a ton of NG reps in 3 man DL if he doesn't want to. that versatility would be pretty good at next level.  

He's a Charlie Strong guy. We've already seen a few players leave early without decent draft grades. It's my opinion that Herman and the coaching staff are much more demanding and the players that are leaving or contemplating it have an issue with that.

5 hours ago, TheContractor said:

I’m not sure exactly what the issue is, but the coaches will no doubt try to talk him off that ledge. 

4 hours ago, Baron said:

He's a Charlie Strong guy. We've already seen a few players leave early without decent draft grades. It's my opinion that Herman and the coaching staff are much more demanding and the players that are leaving or contemplating it have an issue with that.

I don’t think it’s fair to assume this for every guy thinking about leaving or who ended up leaving. Each situation is different. 

If Nelson’s issue is really about the demanding nature of the staff then he would probably be long gone and not still hanging around. 

9 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

All of these could be dropping for aggy in the near future.

Marquez Beason 
Kenyon Green 
Javonne Shepherd 
Arjei Henderson 
Marcus Stripling

Going to be interesting to see how Jimbo's "no visits, shut your recruitment down" philosophy plays out.  I'm willing to bet several still visit Texas after a commitment and you know majority of them aren't going to turn down a visit for the USC game.  Which that could turn out bad for Jimbo if a lot of these guys see them get beat pretty handedly by Clemson then see Texas beat a USC team in a sold out DKR.

10 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

All of these could be dropping for aggy in the near future.

Marquez Beason 
Kenyon Green 
Javonne Shepherd 
Arjei Henderson 
Marcus Stripling

It’s February, but I can see some cause for concern due to the early signing period. A&M has a head start for basically giving up on 2018, we will see how things play out. Not surprised if we do end up missing on a few targets this cycle.

8 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I don’t think it’s fair to assume this for every guy thinking about leaving or who ended up leaving. Each situation is different. 

If Nelson’s issue is really about the demanding nature of the staff then he would probably be long gone and not still hanging around. 

I didn't mean to lump all of them in that one group. And I tried not being that guy that looked negatively at all the departures, rumored or real. And I really didn't want to bring Charlie Strong's name into the situation, BUT I find it hard to believe that so many players with a year left would decide to walk away from a program that looks to be on the rise for varied reasons. What's the saying? Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence but three times is a pattern.

And this is just the opinion of an old guy with too much time to over think things :P

Going to be interesting to see how Jimbo's "no visits, shut your recruitment down" philosophy plays out.  I'm willing to bet several still visit Texas after a commitment and you know majority of them aren't going to turn down a visit for the USC game.  Which that could turn out bad for Jimbo if a lot of these guys see them get beat pretty handedly by Clemson then see Texas beat a USC team in a sold out DKR.

Didn't Mack Brown do this towards the end of his era here? Let Fisher become Coach February. It eventually bit Texas in the ass. Hopefully it will do the same to a$m.

41 minutes ago, Baron said:

I didn't mean to lump all of them in that one group. And I tried not being that guy that looked negatively at all the departures, rumored or real. And I really didn't want to bring Charlie Strong's name into the situation, BUT I find it hard to believe that so many players with a year left would decide to walk away from a program that looks to be on the rise for varied reasons. What's the saying? Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence but three times is a pattern.

And this is just the opinion of an old guy with too much time to over think things :P

A lot of the guys left to get paid. It’s hard to knock them for that regardless of the program’s trajectory. They are betting on themselves and that’s part of it. 

Like I said, each situation is different. Guys are making decisions based on what they think is best for themselves, family etc. 

Demetric Warren CB'd Whittington to aggy.

He was a heavy Texas lean but heis trending aggy right now... Aggy has a lot of momentum right now.. Kids loves that and like to jump on it.. Herman needs to have a good jr day this weekend for sure.

5 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

He was a heavy Texas lean but heis trending aggy right now... Aggy has a lot of momentum right now.. Kids loves that and like to jump on it.. Herman needs to have a good jr day this weekend for sure.

TFB feels good about Texas and said to expect an announcement soon.  I wouldn't be shocked if they've already done a commitment video for him.

31 minutes ago, Slimer said:

TFB feels good about Texas and said to expect an announcement soon.  I wouldn't be shocked if they've already done a commitment video for him.

He does like Texas a lot. But aggy is making  a strong push... I like him a lot.. A future star at DB is he embraces it.