Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I would like to hear @CoachEmUp64 's thoughts on this. I've heard there are some issues with this one. I don't know if his light turned on and he's turning things around on a personal level or if we're just riding this out to see how it ends up.

IMO, he's the best LB recruit in the state. Would be a great addition if he's not carrying a bunch of luggage with him.

I know he was kicked off his team last year. Heard some rumors as to what it was for and lets just say it wasn't grades. Other than that I don't know anything about him other than he's a athletic freak playing OLB.

2 hours ago, Bogey said:

I like the Kate appearances, but understand the reservations. I would like it to continue so I propose posting non-provocative Kate appearances.

i.e.

IMG_2258.JPG

Im sorry...

My personal feeling is that when someone claims they are offended and feels it necessary to post that objection along with the notation that they will no longer follow or post, it rings hollow to me.

If one is offended, just go away and that solves their issue. To do otherwise is in my opinion grandstanding, and it is just as objectionable as what they were claiming to object to in the first place. 

If we have Kate or dont have Kate is immaterial to this argument. Just because someone claims to be offended is no reason to try and make an argument that everyone should believe as they do.

11 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Im sorry...

My personal feeling is that when someone claims they are offended and feels it necessary to post that objection along with the notation that they will no longer follow or post, it rings hollow to me.

If one is offended, just go away and that solves their issue. To do otherwise is in my opinion grandstanding, and it is just as objectionable as what they were claiming to object to in the first place. 

If we have Kate or dont have Kate is immaterial to this argument. Just because someone claims to be offended is no reason to try and make an argument that everyone should believe as they do.

I'm in the boat that I try to check the board at work and the GIFs would get me in trouble if someone saw. I'm okay changing it to something a little more work appropriate. I wasn't offended but I do keep the window as small as possible so people can't see in case of a GIF.

14 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Im sorry...

I was really attempting to mitigate concerns regarding images NSFW.

5 hours ago, UTfish said:

SHO, can you still do cartwheels?  Java was a twirler.  She's gotta be athletic.  You're both favorites on this board.

A gif of one or both of you ladies doing cartwheels would be priceless.

Come to think of it, SHA doing cartwheels might not be too bad.  Would like to see if he could keep that hat on when he does one.

Cartwheel idea definitely going away.

1 hour ago, TB14 said:

Of all the guys coming this weekend do we still expect 1-2 to go public with a commitment after the weekend???

I think we need 2 to go public to keep up with the "appearance of momentum" bc Aggies, LSU, Ou all have gotten a few commits. 

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

Im sorry...

(please read the sarcasm)
What rock have you been hiding under?  Get with the post-Trump was elected way of thinking.  If one is offended, then one should join a paid riot, burn things like the flag (but cover up our faces while doing so), call the liberal media to stretch the story way beyond all comprehension, boycott the national anthem, shoot the police, call people racist and intolerant while pointing a finger and placing the blame on white, Christian, conservative males.

7 hours ago, UTfish said:

SHO, can you still do cartwheels?  Java was a twirler.  She's gotta be athletic.  You're both favorites on this board.

A gif of one or both of you ladies doing cartwheels would be priceless.

Come to think of it, SHA doing cartwheels might not be too bad.  Would like to see if he could keep that hat on when he does one.

Lol I can't do a cartwheel to save my life 

1 hour ago, TexasTaz27 said:

If 1 or 2 go public, which ones do u think it is going to be?

Here's the list from 24/7

QB Roschon Johnson 
RB Deondrick Glass 
RB Darwin Barlow 
RB Jase McClellan (2020) 
RB Seth McGowan (2020) 
WR Arjei Henderson 
WR Dylan Wright 
WR Garrett Wilson 
WR Ke'Andre Street 
WR Jaylen Ellis 
WR Demond Demas (2020) 
WR Collin Sullivan (2020) 
WR Ja'Lynn Polk (2020) 
WR Troy Omeire (2020) 
WR Jaxon Smith (2020) 
WR Majik Rector (2021) 
TE Hudson Henry (Maybe) 
TE Jalen Wydermeyer 
TE Baylor Cupp 
TE Nolan Matthews 
OL Javonne Shepherd 
OL Darius Thomas 
OL Stacey Wilkins 
OL Jade Ashalintubbi 
DL DeMarvin Leal 
DL T'Vondre Sweat (Maybe) 
DL Marcus Stripling (Maybe) 
DL Carl Williams 
DL Breylon Garcia 
DL Jason Gold 
DL Trace Ford 
DL David Neil 
DL Javasia Brunson 
DL Peter Mpagi 
DL Camron Jackson (2020) 
OLB De'Gabriel Floyd 
OLB Curley Young 
OLB Marcel Brooks 
CB Marcus Banks 
CB Marques Caldwell 
CB Xavier Player 
CB Dwight McGlothern (2020) 
CB RJ Mickens (2020) 
CB Lorando Johnson (2020) 
CB Tyrese Hardeman (2020) 
S Demani Richardson 
S Chris Thompson (2020) 
S Darius Snow (2020) 
S Jerrin Thompson (2020) 
S Xavion Alford (2020) 
ATH Jeffery Carter (Maybe) 
ATH Tamauzia Brown 
ATH Keshon Williams 
ATH Ty DeArman 
ATH Quin Bright (2020) 
ATH Khalan Griffin (2020) 
ATH Ty Jordan (2020)

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

QB Roschon Johnson 
RB Deondrick Glass 
RB Darwin Barlow 
RB Jase McClellan (2020) 
RB Seth McGowan (2020) 
WR Arjei Henderson 
WR Dylan Wright 
WR Garrett Wilson 
WR Ke'Andre Street 
WR Jaylen Ellis 
WR Demond Demas (2020) 
WR Ja'Lynn Polk (2020) 
WR Troy Omeire (2020) 
WR Jaxon Smith (2020) 
WR Majik Rector (2021) 
TE Hudson Henry (Maybe) 
TE Jalen Wydermeyer 
TE Baylor Cupp 
TE Nolan Matthews 
OL Javonne Shepherd 
OL Darius Thomas 
OL Stacey Wilkins 
OL Jade Ashalintubbi 
DL DeMarvin Leal 
DL Carl Williams 
DL Breylon Garcia 
DL Jason Gold 
DL Trace Ford 
DL David Neil 
DL Javasia Brunson 
DL Peter Mpagi 
DL Camron Jackson (2020) 
OLB De'Gabriel Floyd 
OLB Curley Young 
OLB Marcel Brooks 
CB Marcus Banks 
CB Marques Caldwell 
CB Xavier Player 
CB RJ Mickens (2020) 
S Demani Richardson 
S Chris Thompson (2020) 
S Darius Snow (2020) 
S Jerrin Thompson (2020) 
S Xavion Alford (2020) 
ATH Tamauzia Brown 
ATH Keshon Williams 
ATH Ty DeArman 
ATH Quin Bright (2020) 
ATH Ty Jordan (2020)

So is the kid you expect to commit on this list?

“You become what you abhor.”  Well, I guess this is right because I am about to comment on something that has NOTHING to do with recruiting;  Kategate. 

I guess I am in the minority here…. I registered and frequently logon to get recruiting updates.  I used to go to brand X for that, but I fatigued of having to read 2 pages of nonsense about:  How many pages would be accomplished before recruiting season ends, “errrrbody” when there was nothing of substance to say, and references to sexual arousment level caused by high school football players. 

I am 51 (I’m a man!) and have been married for about half of my life.  I certainly appreciate the beauty of the opposite sex.  And while I have no need to look at it on my computer screen, was not offended by Kate photographs.  What I do find tough to fight through is a page and a half of commentary after each Kate appearance, or a page and a half of grown men (I assume) begging for another appearance…. when all I really wanted were “recruiting updates” for my beloved Horns!  If there’s anything worse than the pre and post Kate banter, it is a week of post Kategate debate!!  

Rant over, I have become what I abhor.  I find great recruiting insight here (for free), so no I don’t want to just leave.  My .02, seemed like the thing to do.   

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

QB Roschon Johnson 
RB Deondrick Glass 
RB Darwin Barlow 
RB Jase McClellan (2020) 
RB Seth McGowan (2020) 
WR Arjei Henderson 
WR Dylan Wright 
WR Garrett Wilson 
WR Ke'Andre Street 
WR Jaylen Ellis 
WR Demond Demas (2020) 
WR Ja'Lynn Polk (2020) 
WR Troy Omeire (2020) 
WR Jaxon Smith (2020) 
WR Majik Rector (2021) 
TE Hudson Henry (Maybe) 
TE Jalen Wydermeyer 
TE Baylor Cupp 
TE Nolan Matthews 
OL Javonne Shepherd 
OL Darius Thomas 
OL Stacey Wilkins 
OL Jade Ashalintubbi 
DL DeMarvin Leal 
DL Carl Williams 
DL Breylon Garcia 
DL Jason Gold 
DL Trace Ford 
DL David Neil 
DL Javasia Brunson 
DL Peter Mpagi 
DL Camron Jackson (2020) 
OLB De'Gabriel Floyd 
OLB Curley Young 
OLB Marcel Brooks 
CB Marcus Banks 
CB Marques Caldwell 
CB Xavier Player 
CB RJ Mickens (2020) 
S Demani Richardson 
S Chris Thompson (2020) 
S Darius Snow (2020) 
S Jerrin Thompson (2020) 
S Xavion Alford (2020) 
ATH Tamauzia Brown 
ATH Keshon Williams 
ATH Ty DeArman 
ATH Quin Bright (2020) 
ATH Ty Jordan (2020)

Baylor Cupp is an intriguing option at TE. He is rocking 44 like he is Dallas Clark in his highlights. 

19 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Baylor Cupp is an intriguing option at TE. He is rocking 44 like he is Dallas Clark in his highlights. 

His name seems to indicate an uphill battle for Texas?

34 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

From what I just heard there are 2 silent commits. That part well I don't know 

What percentage of "silent commits" we catch wind of, would you say are legit?  "Like anyone can even know that" Kip Dynamite

And, who typically requests that it "be silent"?  The recruit or the coach?? 

My hunch is about 10% of "silent commits" are kids committed to us, but nobody is supposed to know about it.  But I might be way off base. 

6 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

What percentage of "silent commits" we catch wind of, would you say are legit?  "Like anyone can even know that" Kip Dynamite

And, who typically requests that it "be silent"?  The recruit or the coach?? 

My hunch is about 10% of "silent commits" are kids committed to us, but nobody is supposed to know about it.  But I might be way off base. 

To be honest with you your guess is as good as mine. I'm not a real sucker of silent commits until they are for sure after taking all official visits 

7 minutes ago, shotime73 said:

To be honest with you your guess is as good as mine. I'm not a real sucker of silent commits until they are for sure after taking all official visits 

I guess I don't take it seriously because I don't get it?  If you are committed to play somewhere, why is it a secret? 

I suppose some could be waiting for a big announcement date... although they never seem to really surprise. 
Perhaps some wish to take other visits and be courted as a potential bride..... then I wouldn't call that committed. 
Perhaps the coach is recruiting others at the same position and doesn't want to scare them off, so asks the recruit to keep it on the down low? 

Perhaps there is something I'm missing?