News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Will Baizer

2019 Recruiting Board/Thread

3 hours ago, Rotty22 said:

isn't caleb johnson the replacement for gary johnson?  i'm not against getting more experience depth.  fill the cupboard.

Caleb would currently play Rover LB not Mike. 

MLB will be btw RsFr Dele and Tr Fr Floyd. Getting a jr Henry will be huge, and he is damn damn good. He will be ready to go week 2 vs Lsu 

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'd pull his commitment now and tell him let us know when you know what you want. If you still want to play here we'll see if we have room. If you're going to take OVs and put on other jerseys, then de-commit until you know what you want to do. I have no issues with kids wanting to make sure they are making the right decision. Just don't stay committed why you are doing it. When I was engaged my wife got cold feet and told me she wasn't sure. I pulled the ring off her finger and told her to let me know when she was. She put it back on that day and we've been married 32 years. But she was damn sure not wearing my ring if she wasn't committed to me. Same applies here. And if at this point we feel he's a flake, then pull the ship and be done with it. 

On 1/10/2019 at 12:42 PM, drgilbert said:

I heard that Lakota Henry doesn’t have the right math course to be admitted into a SEC school. Has anyone else heard that?

I don't know if it was math but this is how Gary Johnson fell into our laps.  He was committed to Bama, but there was some SEC requirement that he hadn't met.

9 hours ago, bevotee said:

I don't know if it was math but this is how Gary Johnson fell into our laps.  He was committed to Bama, but there was some SEC requirement that he hadn't met.

Was he committed to bama after his juco stint as well?  I know he was a bama commit out of HS.

17 minutes ago, BigL said:

Can someone summarize who are our targets for NSD2, if they are JUCO/Grad transfer/HS, and how likely we'll sign them?  

No new offers have gone out.  I bet we look to take a JUCO/Grad transfer OL and maybe a grad transfer RB.  We may just stand pat with where we are at and take a full class for 2020, which is deeper in-state plus we have the momentum.

Superlatives to close the book on the 2019 All-American Bowl

Best run-game linebacker: De'Gabriel Floyd

Floyd wants to be involved in the run game. He’s comfortable in the box and he plays downhill. You’d be surprised how many linebackers come to an all-star setting and don’t have that mentality. Guards had a hard time all week getting to Floyd on the second level and he was sniffing out the football regularly.

https://247sports.com/Article/Best-recruits-2019-All-American-superlatives-127678784/